Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:14 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
This reminds me of the tracking device that was found in, I believe, an American quarter piece. It was placed in the quarter by the Chinese, discovered in Canada on an oil worker who was en route to the sand drilling fields in Saskatchewan. Really.
At least that was real.......

On the chance my .45 ammo was turned to blanks by skylab I stepped outside in the evening and shot down some icles hang off the gutter. Seems real enough to me. The bad part was i got to clean a already very clean gun again. The good part is I still like the smell of gun oils even if the tobaccy is verboten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 02:16 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
At least that was real.......

On the chance my .45 ammo was turned to blanks by skylab I stepped outside in the evening and shot down some icles hang off the gutter. Seems real enough to me. The bad part was i got to clean a already very clean gun again. The good part is I still like the smell of gun oils even if the tobaccy is verboten.
Run that Rand with Wesson oil on the rails and it will smell like french fries.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I want the entire pat act, the Homeland security and the batf all disbanded and repealed.
That makes 2 of us.. I for one want the IRS downed too, They have no bee's wax to exisit, add in the EPA, the only ones I know who create law, violating the laws of physics.

That Patriot Act is just fine by me so long as I don't find anyone in my house searching with no warrents. I have the bad habit to shoot first and ask questions later, and the cops know it.

FEMA and the Homeland Security are both jokes, really bad jokes, but jokes never the less.

I mean really does that Napolitano look like she is a survivor? That name works ok for ice cream maybe, but won't fly a bit in terms of so-called security. If I crashed on a desert island and she was the only other survior, I would have to take me a very long swim to some other island.

The very last thing I ever want to hear are the words "We'er from the Government and here to help!"

Old 02-10-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Run that Rand with Wesson oil on the rails and it will smell like french fries.

Ok I can try that. What oil do you suggest for Miss Kimber? Peppermint maybe?

Old 02-10-2011, 02:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Ok I can try that. What oil do you suggest for Miss Kimber? Peppermint maybe?
PM sent so I don't further derail the thread.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:50 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Seriously.

FBI Agent Turned ACLU Counsel: Feds Spy On Citizens Based on Religion, Politics

The police are watching you. If you're the wrong religion, they'll spy on your every move. If you voice the wrong political opinions they'll be watching you. According to Mike German, a 16-year veteran with the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigations, this is happening right in the U.S.

Report: Obama Administration to Spy on Citizens Online to Fight "Terror"

The New York Times reported on Monday that officials in the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama are preparing a bill to be presented to the House next year, which is geared towards making it easier for the government to legally spy on U.S. citizens.

Under the bill all online communication services -- including video chat services (like Skype), social network services (like Facebook), and data/encrypted email service (like RIM's Blackberry packages) -- would be forced to comply with warrantless requests for information from the U.S. government -- similar to the warrantless wiretaps that recent legislation made legal in the U.S.

Former FBI Agent Turned ACLU Attorney: Feds Routinely Spy on Citizens

NW: What is the most disturbing fact(s) that you have uncovered?

German: The most disturbing thing we've uncovered is the scope of domestic intelligence activities taking place today. Domestic spying is now being done by a host of federal agencies (FBI, DOD, DHS, DNI) as well as state and local law enforcement and even private companies. Too often this spying targets political activity and religious practices. We've documented intelligence activities targeting or obstructing First Amendment-protected activity in 33 states and DC.

ACLU Spy Files
Reps for bringing up this subject. That said I'll point out my position on this matter. I support the TRUE mission of law enforcement. My government is at times watching me every time a community requests that more cops be put on the beat due to local problems etc. I'm not a cop hater, but even cops worth their salt know there are ethical concerns when an officers eye turns from serve and protect to predator serving the bidding of power in service to itself. I am vehemently against that. I am vehemently against the patriot act, and everything they've done with that special power justified crimes against citizens since it's inception.

I HATE HATE HATE this disease put upon my constitution. If I could stand it up and shoot it, I'd gladly languish in jail the rest of my life. I'd be a true patriot for doing so. But a piece of paper can only be put to death by debates like these. Debates on merits, and the lack of merit the patriot act is help up by artifical means. That patriot act means nothing if it's citizens have no faith in it. IMO, across all party lines, barest minimum understanding of civics, most have no faith in it whatsoever.

I support and defend ACLU, even if I disagree with some of their arguments. No side of the political spectrum should be speaking in terms of attacking their core mission because it failed to suit their flavor of the month ideology or bias. ACLU defends all equally, sure as the cops on the beat are obliged to serve all regardless of which party you registered to vote.

The job of congress-- I respect the chair but not many sitting in those chairs if they persist (as my representative does) to ignore this flagrant threat antithetical to my constitution. Their job, along with the President, is to protect from threats "both foreign and domestic". So really, what's a threat? Let's define that. When a political party or a media pundit instructs his audience to annihilate an opposing political party, is that not a threat? Is there something about my freedoms violated when I'm prohibited from carrying a bomb in my luggage? How about my "God given" right to issue a fatwa and pay anyone willing to assassinate Rush Limbaugh or Ann Coulter a nickel? Is that protected freedom of speech?

So to all of you- which groups in America are legitimate? The ones engaged in constructive behavior (that also amounts to changing government & community as proscribed by law) or those orientated in destructive endeavors? Name those organizations. Do they merit a watchful eye by law enforcement? What's the difference between a think tank and a conspiracy to defraud and undermine my constitution? Flesh out these definitions.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Ain't the technical age a great thing! some may say Not. We most likely have been watched for quite a while, this is nothing new.

But the funny thing is that if we are being watched, do they not see the problems being cause by this big illegal mess. Or is it just us peons who are being watched.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:58 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It's not me, Beck said. You gonna doubt him?
I Trust No1

Old 02-11-2011, 09:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I am waiting for a request from my watchers to do something illegal, immoral or fattening. They shouldn't have any problem with the last.

Considering all this surveillance just how are so many illegal people and drugs getting into the US? I would consider armed gangs of Mexican smugglers to be terrorists so how are they getting away with their trespass?

Old 02-11-2011, 10:03 AM

104 posts, read 99,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Seriously.

FBI Agent Turned ACLU Counsel: Feds Spy On Citizens Based on Religion, Politics

The police are watching you. If you're the wrong religion, they'll spy on your every move. If you voice the wrong political opinions they'll be watching you. According to Mike German, a 16-year veteran with the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigations, this is happening right in the U.S.

Report: Obama Administration to Spy on Citizens Online to Fight "Terror"

The New York Times reported on Monday that officials in the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama are preparing a bill to be presented to the House next year, which is geared towards making it easier for the government to legally spy on U.S. citizens.

Under the bill all online communication services -- including video chat services (like Skype), social network services (like Facebook), and data/encrypted email service (like RIM's Blackberry packages) -- would be forced to comply with warrantless requests for information from the U.S. government -- similar to the warrantless wiretaps that recent legislation made legal in the U.S.

Former FBI Agent Turned ACLU Attorney: Feds Routinely Spy on Citizens

NW: What is the most disturbing fact(s) that you have uncovered?

German: The most disturbing thing we've uncovered is the scope of domestic intelligence activities taking place today. Domestic spying is now being done by a host of federal agencies (FBI, DOD, DHS, DNI) as well as state and local law enforcement and even private companies. Too often this spying targets political activity and religious practices. We've documented intelligence activities targeting or obstructing First Amendment-protected activity in 33 states and DC.

ACLU Spy Files

YOU are paranoid.
Wellbutrin SR works wonders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies