Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,930,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I am willing to bet we are going to be attacked by Russia or China. Not only was Jesus SPOT-ON when he predicted what would be happening in the last days (which we are in!) concerning people and the weather, he also cleverly predicted the destruction of our country. If you didn't realize it, America is the infamous Babylon spoken about in the Bible. A nation from the north (Russia) and a nation from the east (China) will attack. Now how coincidental is it that we happen to owe Russia and China TRILLIONS of dollars? Trillions we cannot even pay back! You think they aren't going to attack? Read your bibles people! This is it! Take refuge in the Lord and you will be saved!
Good Lord! Pun intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,041,559 times
Not sure if I can project accurately as far away as summer, but..

The economy should continue bouncing along the bottom. Intermittent periods of strong job growth punctuated by periods of anemic growth (like 2010), GDP with a similar pattern.

On that note, the biggest concern by summer will be oil prices. If they continue to rise, we could see a serious damper on economic growth. Recall that high gas prices contributed to the recession in the first place by stalling economic activity in early 2008 (oil shocks previously caused or contributed to recession in 1990, 1980, and 1973).

Old 02-09-2011, 10:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,320,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
There's no recovery. Things will get tough. I fear rising food and fuel prices are the biggest danger though, that could spark unrest.
That is supposed to spark unrest. With Cass Sunstein in charge of propaganda and so on and all the other people like him in the White House it can't fail to hit us hard.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,930,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Not sure if I can project accurately as far away as summer, but..
I think it will rain on the 4th of July.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:42 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,428,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You forgot a.k.a President of the United States of America See ya in 2016, since ya got Nothing for 2012. And, if the way things are going in the House these days is any indication you got nothing there either, you cannot even get all the Repubs to march to the Looney Toons song The voters are already seeing that the right is only good at whining and making promises that they either cannot keep or have no intention of keeping. Last time your boys ran things across the board they proved themselves to be utter failures, little got done and we ended up in two wars that we are still stuck in not to mention the economy. So far the right has not impressed in the House, better get busy because more elections are coming and with no progress the voters will not buy the same old line that it is all the Democrats fault.
Casper

"Stuck in"?

As though BO were helpless to end it.

Have any idea why we are still in Afghanistan?

Can you explain what victory in Afghanistan means?

What has to be done to achieve this victory?

What is BO's exit strategy

Give up?

Me too!

I can't explain why we are still there, what we want to achieve or what the plan for withdrawal is, and neither can BO.

As for what the voters will see in 2012...

How bad will Summer 2011 be?-deficit-1960.bmp

have fun explaining why wonder boy gets a second chance.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:44 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,221,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
When stimulus money to the states and localities runs out, how bad do you think things will get again? Apparently there is 3 trillion face value of state/local debt that is at risk of default. With this Congress, I just don't see another bail out.

I am beginning to wonder what the USA will do when the rest of the world takes the dollar off as the worlds reserve currency.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:18 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,711,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A revolt of illegal aliens.....

To be continued!

I think you're on to something! This revolt will be a major issue in the 2012 elections. If the GOP candidate promises to enforce the law then he wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies