Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 01:32 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,828 times

Advertisements

'Bath salts' drug combines effects of LSD, cocaine | bath, drugs - News - The Orange County Register
Apparently the White House Drug Czar thinks so as he convened a special meeting about this earlier in the month.

This has been on the local news lately I'm not sure what the drug Czar can actually do about it as some people will try anything no matter how stupid it may be.

To try to pass any laws restricting or outlawing this would be as pointless as a law against suicide.

It's been in the news lately in California, has anyone heard about this elsewhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 01:39 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times
caught it in california. if there is a way to get high....... some kid will find it.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
'Bath salts' drug combines effects of LSD, cocaine | bath, drugs - News - The Orange County Register
Apparently the White House Drug Czar thinks so as he convened a special meeting about this earlier in the month.

This has been on the local news lately I'm not sure what the drug Czar can actually do about it as some people will try anything no matter how stupid it may be.

To try to pass any laws restricting or outlawing this would be as pointless as a law against suicide.

It's been in the news lately in California, has anyone heard about this elsewhere?
Bath salts (which really aren't bath salts, BTW) are only popular because the government has outlawed less harmful or perfectly harmless substances that should be legal.

Cocaine isn't nearly as bad for you as this crap, although its highly addictive. Its one of the few drugs I liked too much, and therefore stay away from.

LSD isn't addictive at all, and other than a bad trip from time to time, is more than harmless.

"synthetic marijuana" can be harmful if taken to much at a time, and its effects are shorter in duration with an addictive feeling for some.

The point is, legalize the natural stuff that isn't that bad for you, and the market for this crap will go away. I know, I know, that goes against Christian morality and government propaganda from the last 70 years, but its time to take a rational look at whats legal, illegal, and the real reasons why they are that way.

Alcohol and nicotine are far worse substances than some of the other things I've mentioned, and they are perfectly legal. Expensive to keep intake levels to a minimum for most folks, with good reason. The same thing should be done with other schedule one and two narcotics.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
A very dangerous drug can be found in every whisky bottle. By the DEA's reasoning this stuff should be banned. Wait a minute didn't we try that already with disastrous consequences? Yeah, we did.

I believe we all, except for the smugglers and other criminals, would all be better off if all these drugs were legally available, regulated for quality and taxed (if not sold directly by the government).

Old 02-10-2011, 10:28 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,524,961 times
Drugs are fun.
That's all I have to say.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post

golly, I use bath salts every few days in the tub and am still waiting to get high.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,385 times
Crack down on bath salts is possibly coming very soon.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:22 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
caught it in california. if there is a way to get high....... some kid will find it.
Yup. All the more reason to end the war on drugs. Almost anything can be used to get high these days.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:44 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
Just goes to show that when you have prohibition, people will find different and potentially more dangerous ways to get their buzz on! Perhaps if a certain God given plant wasn't made illegal, you wouldn't have people trying to do stupid s*** like this, or huffing paint thinners to get high!

Old 08-02-2011, 06:50 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marian01 View Post
Crack down on bath salts is possibly coming very soon.
If you make them illegal, it'll only serve to increase the use.

Before prohibition of alcohol about 30% of Americans drank regularly. During prohibition about 60% of Americans drank regularly. After it was repealed it dropped to about 15%.

We are still only at about 20% of regular drinkers nationally in many polls.

Prohibition increases use
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies