Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 09:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I guess that answers my question then, it's ok to attack Bristol Palin but not children of lefties politicians right?
Pulled that out of what orifice????

No, I NEVER saw anyone in here say that....YOU are mistaken.

IF ANYONE'S daughter did EXACTLY what I wrote Bristol did I would have the same opinion.

But maybe YOU approve of this immoral coat-tail riding lazy do-nothing as the epitome of REPUBLICAN/Conservative/Teabagging values.....I guess you do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Pulled that out of what orifice????

No, I NEVER saw anyone in here say that....YOU are mistaken.

IF ANYONE'S daughter did EXACTLY what I wrote Bristol did I would have the same opinion.

But maybe YOU approve of this immoral coat-tail riding lazy do-nothing as the epitome of REPUBLICAN/Conservative/Teabagging values.....I guess you do!
I'd like to point out that when Chelsea Clinton was attacked the lefties went crazy and wanted Rush taken off the air... are you denying that or do you just not know what I'm talking about? Now try to type your reply in a normal format, lay off the random capitalizations and maybe we can discuss this like rational people. Is it ok to attack the children of politicians that you hate?

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-11-2011 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: off topic/rude

Old 02-11-2011, 10:02 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
So can I assume that some of you would still be attacking Bristol just as harshly if she were to write a memoir about coming out as a gay woman? Would that draw the same attacks from the ignorant and intolerant homosexuals in this thread who are attacking this woman for no reason other than envy?

If you have an irrational hate for Sarah Palin then knock yourself out with the hate fest but at what point did the liberal left decide that it was perfectly ok to attack family members and children of politicians they hate? When Chelsea Clinton was attacked the left lost their minds and wanted Rush's head on a stick because he called her a dog, I'm certain some of you were in that group who were offended and wanted Rush taken off the air... Why is this any different?

Does being on a TV show make it ok to attack this girl? If someone on the right openly attacks the Obama daughters you're surely going to support that person's right to speak their mind right?
She's 20! If she wrote a "memoir" about anything, I would question why. And, yes, I think Justin Bieber's biographical movie is just a ludicrous.

Both Bristol's book and Bieber's movie are about making hay while the sun shines. These young people are cash cows right now and they mining the mindless masses for all they're worth.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
She's 20! If she wrote a "memoir" about anything, I would question why. And, yes, I think Justin Bieber's biographical movie is just a ludicrous.

Both Bristol's book and Bieber's movie are about making hay while the sun shines. These young people are cash cows right now and they mining the mindless masses for all they're worth.
Then don't buy her book.

At what point does a person go from being a rational non-purchaser to an out of control attacker who isn't satisfied with the simple point that would be made by not buying her book? What does wrong in a person's mind that causes them to attack someone they don't know, someone who hasn't done anything wrong and someone who doesn't affect their life at all?

Old 02-11-2011, 10:09 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
So can I assume that some of you would still be attacking Bristol just as harshly if she were to write a memoir about coming out as a gay woman? Would that draw the same attacks from the ignorant and intolerant homosexuals in this thread who are attacking this woman for no reason other than envy?

If you have an irrational hate for Sarah Palin then knock yourself out with the hate fest but at what point did the liberal left decide that it was perfectly ok to attack family members and children of politicians they hate? When Chelsea Clinton was attacked the left lost their minds and wanted Rush's head on a stick because he called her a dog, I'm certain some of you were in that group who were offended and wanted Rush taken off the air... Why is this any different?

Does being on a TV show make it ok to attack this girl? If someone on the right openly attacks the Obama daughters you're surely going to support that person's right to speak their mind right?
Coming out as a gay woman while living with a highly conservative religious family? Sure, I'd probably respect that more than a highly conservative religious family who preaches family values and whose daughter gets pregnant at 16...

Envy? Nah, at 16 I had a successful dairy business, no children and my parents didn't thrust me into the national spotlight...so I'd say I had it pretty good.

The only reason people are 'attacking' this girl is because SHE IS PUTTING HERSELF OUT THERE. Do you understand that? You use Chelsea Clinton as an example... she went to a very prestigious college (well, three actually...), graduated, got a good job and got married all while basically staying out of the spotlight. Bristol got pregnant and barely graduated high school.

Bristol is not a child anymore. She can apparently make grown up decisions like having sex and producing a child so now she gets to be treated like an adult.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Coming out as a gay woman while living with a highly conservative religious family? Sure, I'd probably respect that more than a highly conservative religious family who preaches family values and whose daughter gets pregnant at 16...

Envy? Nah, at 16 I had a successful dairy business, no children and my parents didn't thrust me into the national spotlight...so I'd say I had it pretty good.

The only reason people are 'attacking' this girl is because SHE IS PUTTING HERSELF OUT THERE. Do you understand that? You use Chelsea Clinton as an example... she went to a very prestigious college (well, three actually...), graduated, got a good job and got married all while basically staying out of the spotlight. Bristol got pregnant and barely graduated high school.

Bristol is not a child anymore. She can apparently make grown up decisions like having sex and producing a child so now she gets to be treated like an adult.
So basically you agree with how Chelsea lived her life so it's wrong to attack her but you disagree with how Bristol has lived hers so it's ok to attack her? That seems pretty intolerant to me, especially from a group of people who claim to be the champions of tolerance.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:13 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
It's been a week, shouldn't this thing be written by now?

Old 02-11-2011, 10:14 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:

If she had pictures in her memoir of her and her lesbian lover, I would buy it, if she does a video with her lesbian lover I'll buy it. If she has a lesbian video with her mom, I'd be first in line to buy it. Her spoken word on paper is useless to me, especially at such a young age. Her mother taught her how to be media ***** which Chelsea Clinton isn't and never was.
Good for Bristol though, her mom has been pulling one of the greatest scams in American history, democrats and republicans can't stop talking about her and when Bristol gets the GOP nomination in 2032, remember you heard it here first.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Aside from the fact that your posting style is insane and scattered when you get mad, I'd like to point out that when Chelsea Clinton was attacked the lefties went crazy and wanted Rush taken off the air... are you denying that or do you just not know what I'm talking about? Now try to type your reply in a normal format, lay off the random capitalizations and maybe we can discuss this like rational people. Is it ok to attack the children of politicians that you hate?
You assume I'm mad....which is an indication of bad comprehension skills which lead to other problems in comprehending written words.

WHY do YOU repug/Palin worshippers have "hate" so close to the surface ? I don't hate Bristol just because I don't like her or criticize her. Can't you Palin Worshippers EVER just dislike or disagree with someone WITHOUT hating them?

Chelsea Clinton, at 13, was attacked for her looks by adults who meant to be nasty and were, including John McCain(a Republican PIG).

SHE was not attacked or criticized for something she DID.

Can you possibly..possibly try to understand the difference???

Old 02-11-2011, 11:05 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
So basically you agree with how Chelsea lived her life so it's wrong to attack her but you disagree with how Bristol has lived hers so it's ok to attack her? That seems pretty intolerant to me, especially from a group of people who claim to be the champions of tolerance.
Chelsea lived a respectable life, made good choices and didn't use her parents to get famous. She was never on a reality show, she attended prestigious universities and received honors.

As another poster said, mean spirited adult men attached a THIRTEEN year old girl for her looks.

Yes, I disagree with the way Bristol has lived her life, but I'm definitely not attacking her, nor do I hate her. She made some stupid decisions and is no better than any of the other 'celebrities' who are famous for being famous. She's charging money to preach about abstinence after getting knocked up at 16...do you not see anything weird about that?

And I never claimed to be tolerant. Your need to put everyone into categories is silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies