Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 01:32 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
The lefties haven't spewed enough hate quite yet, they have a lot more tolerance to spread around.
LOL, your insistence (and others like you) that we hate Bristol is your way of trying to put importance where it doesn't exist. Bristol is simply not an important person. Nothing you or your party members can say will make it so. If you feel she has something of import to say, its a free world, buy the book and immerse yourself in it. lolol.
Hate is a pretty strong emotion, its not something I feel for people I don't even know.
Since I was a child, I have watched soap operas, the same ones that my Mother and Grandmother watched. Fiction, ridiculous plot lines, unbelievable stories...As I grew up, I was fascinated to see that soap operas are not confined to day time TV...The Palin family is the best soap opera yet. They are like a car accident, you can't resist turning your head to watch the collision.

While I am a Democrat, I have to state the obvious...These soap opera goings on, are not confined to one party. I find them just as humorous when they are found within the Democratic party. No one group has a corner on stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 01:35 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,772 times
Wonder if she will be using her Mom's ghostwriter???

Old 02-11-2011, 01:35 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
She purchased a home in AZ and is planning to attend college there once she moves, she also purchased that home with money she earned during dancing with the stars. Sounds to me like she's using her money wisely and has a plan for her education.

If she does, then fantastic, good for her. Education is the way to go.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
So what did Anne do???

Sit in a room and write???

What was she going to do, make money from the suffering of her family???
I can't even begin to believe that you are that obtuse!

Of course I forget where I am at times...

Old 02-11-2011, 01:36 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
[quote=Casper in Dallas;17828013]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
So what did Anne do???She lived a a time where people were being rounded up and murdered, she wrote her thoughts so that humanity might know what it was like. Looks like some just don't give a sh*&t. Or do you think it was all a big lie?

Sit in a room and write???Until they got her and killed her.

What was she going to do, make money from the suffering of her family???No, that is what the daughters of right-wing talking heads do, after having done nothing worth mentioning.[/quote]
Don't get your panties in a wad, I do not care one way or another about Bristol. My only issue is that I have yet to see anything she has done at her young age to be writing about, but go ahead and buy it her book it is your money to waste as you see fit and I am sure there will be plenty of pictures for you to look at.
Casper
I am staggered that someone could compare Ann Frank and Bristol Palin...

From what I understand, Anne Frank didn't set out to write a book, she simply kept a journal that was found and published long after her death.

Can you really compare the diversity of being captive because your Jewish heritage and waiting to be put to death with Bristol Palin's life?? People who use the media to enrich their lives the way Palin and her family do, are SAD people. Its also very SAD that your partisan blinders won't allow you to see this.

Last edited by Lindsey_Mcfarren; 02-11-2011 at 01:51 PM..

Old 02-11-2011, 01:39 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Bristol Palin has done nothing with her life to merit a memoir.
I disagree, she is another valiant example of you can be single mom and rich as a result. Just like Murphy Brown, and Rachel of Friends.

TV's plethora of unwed mothers / Once targeted by conservative critics, they no longer raise eyebrows - SFGate

Old 02-11-2011, 01:40 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
One just wonders if all the same ridicule from the tolerant ones would be there if nancy pelosi's, lesbian grandaughter decided to write a book about her experience of coming out and having an abortion at an early age. Me thinks the left would be praising her bravery.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
If Chelsea Clinton wasn't the daughter of millionaire politicians who had the pull to get her into whatever college she chose and the money to fix her teeth, face and hair she would likely be a redneck, Arkansas hillbilly just like daddy was/is. If Chelsea Clinton grew up in Hot Springs Arkansas instead of the White House the left would treat her like worthless trash instead of some worshiped icon. Do you really think Chelsea Clinton would have married a millionaire investment banker and attended Stanford and Oxford? Let's be real, Chelsea Clinton has lived a life of extreme privilege and you can't deny that one bit.
I'm not denying that Chelsea Clinton led a life of privilege...but look at what she did with her life compared with Bristol...

Chelsea: Goes to Stanford, Oxford AND Columbia Universities
Bristol: Knocked up as a young teen, goes on to preach abstinence

Chelsea: Works for well known global business management company and sits on the board of charities
Bristol: Goes on reality TV show

Hmmm... which of them would I want my daughter to emulate

Sure, Chelsea Clinton could have stayed 'white trash', but instead she used her opportunities to better herself. Seems to me Bristol is using hers to simply make money.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I disagree, she is another valiant example of you can be single mom and rich as a result. Just like Murphy Brown, and Rachel of Friends.

TV's plethora of unwed mothers / Once targeted by conservative critics, they no longer raise eyebrows - SFGate

Old 02-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
One just wonders if all the same ridicule from the tolerant ones would be there if nancy pelosi's, lesbian grandaughter decided to write a book about her experience of coming out and having an abortion at an early age. Me thinks the left would be praising her bravery.

Before you thrust your tongue firmly into your cheek, you might want to reread some of the posts from the right side of the isle. The Anne Frank one was particularly heartwarming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies