Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 05:46 AM

344 posts, read 462,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDinganSich View Post
Never said the Nazis were nice guys either. They supported a fascist government in Croatia that tortured and murdered many civilians. However I don't like our attitude that we gloriously won WWII yet our military did horrible things too.

Anyways, keep projecting. People who act like know-it-alls based off of their age are funny to watch.
They didn't just "support" them, they installed them into power after invading and occupying Yugoslavia. The way you had written that sentence makes it out like they (the ustaše) were democratically elected and enjoyed widespread support, while the reality is that before the German invasion there were almost no ustaše in Croatia, most of the ustaše (who didn't number more than a couple of hundred before the invasion) were being trained by the nazies in Germany, Italy and Hungary for the invasion. After the invasion, the Germans installed them into power as a nazi puppet regime and started recruiting by giving people a choice between getting a bullet in the head, or joining them. The first resistance movement in Europe was founded in Croatia (in Sisak in 1941.), Croatians per capita made up the biggest share of the Partizans (Yugoslav resistance fighters) and the leader of the Partizans was a Croatian, Josip Broz Tito.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 05:48 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Where are they? I live in Germany and don't know about the huge amount of illegals here.
You really aren't paying attention to your surroundings! Turks, Chechens, Rumanians, Paks, Bosnians, etc. They are everywhere! Spargel harvest is coming next month and all those people in the fields are not Germans. Go to any Indian, Thai, Chinese, or "Mexican" restaurant and most of the kitchen staff will be illegals from Nepal. I could go on and on, but just go to the local Sozialamt and ask them. Europe is more over-burdened with illegals than even America.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:52 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You really aren't paying attention to your surroundings! Turks, Chechens, Rumanians, Paks, Bosnians, etc. They are everywhere! Spargel harvest is coming next month and all those people in the fields are not Germans. Go to any Indian, Thai, Chinese, or "Mexican" restaurant and most of the kitchen staff will be illegals from Nepal. I could go on and on, but just go to the local Sozialamt and ask them. Europe is more over-burdened with illegals than even America.
How would they know about illegals? Illegals don't have access to social security.
Could it be that you meant Ausländer but you said illegals? The Turks have been in germany for the last 40 years or so. (legal!!!)

Most people that work during spargel harvest come from Poland, and it is 100% legal to work here as a pole. (EU!!!)
They need these polish people because germans don't want to work on the fields. (similar to americans)

Old 02-11-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
You really aren't paying attention to your surroundings! Turks, Chechens, Romanians, Paks, Bosnians, etc. They are everywhere! Spargel harvest is coming next month and all those people in the fields are not Germans. Go to any Indian, Thai, Chinese, or "Mexican" restaurant and most of the kitchen staff will be illegals from Nepal. I could go on and on, but just go to the local Sozialamt and ask them. Europe is more over-burdened with illegals than even America.
I think that the people doing the harvests are not illegals, but seasonal workers, who work for a few months in Germany and then go back home, at least that is what I gather from the advertisements here in Croatia for such jobs.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:57 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
When did we have unregulated capitalism here?
We certainly haven't had it for many decades.
It needs to be more regulated to protect the people

Old 02-11-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
How would they know about illegals? Illegals don't have access to social security.
They are somewhat familiar with their own country's problems. You seem to have an intentional blind spot to the problem of illegal immigration in Europe. Are you an Oesterluete by chance?

I myself am an Auslander, an American. Perhaps you meant "Gastarbeiter" in your post?

Old 02-11-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Could it be that you meant Ausländer but you said illegals? The Turks have been in germany for the last 40 years or so. (legal!!!)

Most people that work during spargel harvest come from Poland, and it is 100% legal to work here as a pole. (EU!!!)
They need these polish people because germans don't want to work on the fields. (similar to americans)
In my opinion that isn't true, I think that the majority of Americans/Germans don't want to work in the fields for the same wage as the Mexicans/Poles do, not that they don't want those jobs at all. I find it very hard to believe that none of the 15 million or so unemployed American citizens would agree to work in the fields if they were given a proper wage + health care coverage.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
They are somewhat familiar with their own country's problems. You seem to have an intentional blind spot to the problem of illegal immigration in Europe. Are you an Oesterluete by chance?

I myself am an Auslander, and American. Perhaps you meant "Gastarbeiter" in your post?
Even Gastarbeiter would not been illegal. You speak of illegals, then mention the Spargel harvest where people work legally and the Turks and so on, who are here legally.

I don't even know what an Oesterluete is but I am sure I have spent more years in Germany to know what I am talking about.

Can you give some data on the huge amount of illegals in Germany (since you made the claim)?

Old 02-11-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
In my opinion that isn't true, I think that the majority of Americans/Germans don't want to work in the fields for the same wage as the Mexicans/Poles do, not that they don't want those jobs at all. I find it very hard to believe that none of the 15 million or so unemployed American citizens would agree to work in the fields if they were given a proper wage + health care coverage.
Germany has a quote system. 10% of workers have to be germans...but in some cases they can't even fill 10%. The payment is not so bad; its more than unemployment pay.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Can you give some data on the huge amount of illegals in Germany (since you made the claim)?
Your wish is my command:

A German Amnesty for Illegal Immigrants? | Germany | Deutsche Welle | 10.03.2005

One million illegals out of 24 million Germans is a greater percentage than 12 million illegals out of 350 million Americans.

Last edited by Bideshi; 02-11-2011 at 06:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies