Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:31 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,104,313 times

Advertisements

Hasn't the America hater left yet? They come here long enough to USE this country and then show their low class by spitting on it on their way out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 05:45 PM

155 posts, read 146,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Hasn't the America hater left yet? They come here long enough to USE this country and then show their low class by spitting on it on their way out.
Come here?

I was born here, mind you. Wish I wasn't though.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:57 PM

657 posts, read 698,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDinganSich View Post
We are run by corporations and theocratic lunatics. We complain about government interference but some don't hesitate to push agendas with subtle religious morality attached. We are also brainwashed to obey anyone wearing a military uniform. It is impossible to question any military action in this country, even if it is just mindless murder like in Iraq.

I for one am getting out of here as soon as I graduate with a degree.
Yes i totally agree. No offense to my American friends, but these are some of the most striking reasons why I wouldn't want to live in the US.

You should come visit Denmark some time DasDinganSich. We are a small country, but it is a nice place really

Old 02-10-2011, 05:59 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,597,019 times
Life is easy when Mommy and Daddy are paying the bills. Once you grow up and enter the real world you will change your mind. As for leaving....Buh Bye!

Old 02-10-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Yes i totally agree. No offense to my American friends, but these are some of the most striking reasons why I wouldn't want to live in the US.

You should come visit Denmark some time DasDinganSich. We are a small country, but it is a nice place really
Copenhagen has been a city I always wanted to visit. I never got the chance when I was in Germany but I will sooner or later. I have read up on Danish culture and society. The Danish sound like very tolerable and easy going people.

The only problem is they say you can't speak you own language.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Life is easy when Mommy and Daddy are paying the bills. Once you grow up and enter the real world you will change your mind. As for leaving....Buh Bye!
I work and rent my own apartment near campus. I have 15K in savings. I pay for my own food and expenses for beer and other stuff. I can balance my budget pretty damn well and I am not needy for useless consumer goods.

My parents only help me with tuition expenses.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:05 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,497,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post

Yea, Denmark is a nice place if you are a mute. Otherwise, if you do not self-censor you could end up being fined or imprisoned or both.

Freedom of speech does not exist in Denmark.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Yea, Denmark is a nice place if you are a mute. Otherwise, if you do not self-censor you could end up being fined or imprisoned or both.

Freedom of speech does not exist in Denmark.
Yes I am sure Glenn Beck told you that.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:11 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,497,383 times
Quote:
Yes I am sure Glenn Beck told you that.
http://www.internationalfreepresssociety.org/2011/01/danish-government-is-prosecuting-individuals-for-hate-speech/ (broken link)

Enjoy your stay in the Danish hoosegow. You will have lots of time to ponder those freedoms you gave up.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:13 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,597,019 times
Quote:
I work and rent my own apartment near campus. I have 15K in savings. I pay for my own food and expenses for beer and other stuff. I can balance my budget pretty damn well and I am not needy for useless consumer goods.

My parents only help me with tuition expenses.
ONLY with tuition? That is pretty big help.

Your views will change once you enter the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies