Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I think it can be explained very simply. Most people make more on unemployment than they do working for minimum wage.
Yes, the incentive not to work and look how well that's been working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So if a 68 year old man/woman decides that they don't want to work anymore because they saved enough for retirement, just not enough to pay for their insurance if they lost their job, thats a bad thing?
Here you are, speculating again. We have no idea the circumstances of why someone would stop working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
One of the joys on here is stumbling upon these threads posted by ideologues unwilling or able to research on their own. Some propagandist who makes millions spreading lies feeds them another one, and they eat it up. All the other ideological followers jump on board for the first page or two and they all do a big victory dance ... feeling for a moment as if all the false ideas they've been pumped full of have been validated.

Ah yes, the CBO is now a propagandist. They can only go by the assumptions given them by the Congress. Now, compared to the CBO, the link you are heralding is from.....where?

Then... someone always comes along who actually thinks for him/herself, does a little independent research, and provides the facts and the whole story.

Uh-huh. A little independent research - you mean spin interpretation. In this case, I'll take the CBO over the link you're giddy about - wthr.

Inevitably, the thread blows up in the OP's face, the ideologues scrounge for scraps of the lost victory to try and win a point or two on a technicality, sanity is restored to the political process, and we await the next grand Beck manipulation
You always seem to make that claim, but you never turn out to be right. There is no blowing up here. It is what it is - 800,000 jobs lost because of obamacare - makes little difference the reason why. Just think of all that lost revenue on top of somebody else footing the bill for those who can now quit work while depending on others to pay for their HC. The liberal utopia is complete.

Quote:
If I've learned anything, Sanrene and those who agree with her don't answer questions once they have been proven wrong. They just disappear... let the thread fade away, and start up on a new one as if they weren't just proven wrong for the 154th time.

Though I can't take credit for this one, the number of times these people are proven unequivocally wrong is just astounding. Makes you think that maybe, just maybe, this president we elected knows how to run a country.
Where do you ever prove anyone wrong? No where that I have ever seen. Wow! So now you want all posters locked to their keyboards so they can respond to you in a timely fashion...or else you declare some kind of victory.

I think not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 09:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
<pokes head in room>
Hello...? Extreme conservatives? ... I've got a tasty Marxist waiting in the hallway for you!....
<shrugs and walks out>
You're talking about obama, right?

Old 02-10-2011, 09:50 PM

446 posts, read 649,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You're talking about obama, right?
The absurdity level of that question was so high, I just spewed grape Kool-Aid all over my monitor laughing (no, seriously).

Old 02-11-2011, 02:16 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Many nations have universal healthcare. Some are doing well with it, such as Germany and France.
America is such a dumb country that it can't figure out anything except how to bomb civilians. Big, strong, and stupid. Duh!

Many nations also have long-term double-digit unemployment and more debt than GDP.

% Of Total Unemployment > Long-term Unemployment statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

Debt external (per $ gdp) (most recent) by country

Duh!

Old 02-11-2011, 03:11 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Let's say you owe me $300 dollars. I come to see you about the money and you don't have it. No problem, I say. You have a $300 dollar dog.
I take out my gun and shoot your dog in the head. BLAM! MMmmmhmmm.... that's one dead dog.

"OH, GOD! WTF, MAN?!!! MY DOG!! YOU KILLED MY DOG, MAN!!!", you cry!

I look at you and say, "Doesn't matter, right? I'm calling it even. $300 dollars is $300 dollars, ain't it?"

Aye, in some people's world, "Killed" vs. "given up voluntarily because I might actually be able to afford to retire" mean the exact same thing. In other people's world, those mean totally different things.

The Blaze.com = number 1. Beck takes the simplistic view, chops it into a sound bite and makes his money by feeding things to people who don't fact check. It's basically the same thing as the people who go to Church, listen to the preacher and never crack a Bible.

Me = number 2. I to understand what exactly the hell is going on. The OP failed to mention the fact it's a loss over a 10 year span, or 80,000 jobs a year, 6,666 jobs a month leading up to 2021. And also how much larger the US population will be by then, and as to how that number might even be a lower percentage based on population growth.

Then again, 80,000 JOBS LOST A YEAR doesn't have that extra integer, does it? Sort of pales when you have +300,000,000 people living in your country.

Last edited by 70Ford; 02-11-2011 at 03:25 AM..

Old 02-11-2011, 05:10 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Let's say you owe me $300 dollars. I come to see you about the money and you don't have it. No problem, I say. You have a $300 dollar dog.
I take out my gun and shoot your dog in the head. BLAM! MMmmmhmmm.... that's one dead dog.

"OH, GOD! WTF, MAN?!!! MY DOG!! YOU KILLED MY DOG, MAN!!!", you cry!

I look at you and say, "Doesn't matter, right? I'm calling it even. $300 dollars is $300 dollars, ain't it?"

Aye, in some people's world, "Killed" vs. "given up voluntarily because I might actually be able to afford to retire" mean the exact same thing. In other people's world, those mean totally different things.

Me = number 2. I to understand what exactly the hell is going on. The OP failed to mention the fact it's a loss over a 10 year span, or 80,000 jobs a year, 6,666 jobs a month leading up to 2021. And also how much larger the US population will be by then, and as to how that number might even be a lower percentage based on population growth.
You can be proud of yourself.

As you say, if 80,000 people lose their jobs every year, or more than 6500 a month, that's nothing.

Except to the people who lost their jobs.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:23 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

As you say, if 80,000 people lose their jobs every year, or more than 6500 a month, that's nothing.

Um, I didn't say that. What I said was if you look at it from a different perspective, it looks different. Losing your job sucks. I can't believe you would say it was nothing, except to the people who lose their jobs. It's always something. It has a real impact.

I don't think it's possible for eveyone to be employed. I think it's impossible. What the OP is trying to state is a one sided opinion using a few seconds long clip, quoting one part of someone's story, and skilpping the parts that don't support their agenda.

(Above post intentionally left semi-obtuse. I know what you were saying.) I also know the original poster just freaking hates Obama. So, meh.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:31 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

One more time

They did not lose their jobs, they quit their jobs because they no longer need them.

See how this works?

Old 02-11-2011, 05:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
One more time

They did not lose their jobs, they quit their jobs because they no longer need them.

See how this works?
They are just resurrecting their previous desperation. I guess the handlers have sent out some old instructions not having anything else. Although people attention spans are not real long, they aren't this short. But hey, they need to have something to do.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:53 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Uh, no. The hearing today on capitol hill with the CBO chief.

Is that really all you can come up with...again? I guess for you, all that matters is who actually provides links to the hearing.

How about CSpan?

Can't wait for the next excuse to ignore the facts;

CBO: Obamacare will cost an estimated 800,000 jobs - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailycaller/cboobamacarewouldreduceanestimated800000jobs - broken link)
They can't help it. They learn to lie, deflect, and make excuses about anything they disagree with - especially when they have been caught lying or proven wrong.

This is most likely learned from birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies