Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 04:58 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
But if they don't "see" it, it's not real, right?

If those that believe so strongly in the right to abort don't think there's anything wrong with it, why are they SO against people just seeing what they're aborting first?

Those against abortion couldn't care less about government "wanting to control a woman's body". That's a stupid argument that the left uses to try and dehumanize the subject.

We believe that the child is alive in there, and we believe that's murder. And since murder is outlawed in this country, abortion should just fall under that law.

I'm all for less government intervention. But I believe that folks should still be punished for murder and that it should be illegal. And because I know that a child is alive at conception, that's murder.

Of course, I'm one of the "evil conservatives" because I don't want to see a child die.
You are entitled to your belief......so don't have an abortion. I am entitiled to my belief, there is no child involved in an abortion, a fetus is not a child......so I have the right to act according to MY belief and abort if I choose to.

Republicans are all about visciously slashing social programs, while coddling the rich, so don't try to tell us you care about children or life.

This thinly veiled attempt to ban abortion should be a wake up call to all pro-choice voters..........DO NOT VOTE REPUBLICAN.......EVER.

Republicans are determined to have government take control of women's bodies.....they will never give up.....and pro-choice voters must remain ever vigilant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 05:01 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You are entitled to your belief......so don't have an abortion. I am entitiled to my belief, there is no child involved in an abortion, a fetus is not a child......so I have the right to act according to MY belief and abort if I choose to.
Republicans are all about visciously slashing social programs, while coddling the rich, so don't try to tell us you care about children or life.
This thinly veiled attempt to ban abortion should be a wake up call to all pro-choice voters..........DO NOT VOTE REPUBLICAN.......EVER.
Republicans are determined to have government take control of women's bodies.....they will never give up.....and pro-choice voters must remain ever vigilant.
Annie, you seem very angry.

Republicans don't want to have the gov't take control of women's bodies. They want to protect those who can't protect themselves including the unborn.

And pro-life voters must remain ever vigilant.
And I don't think it is a "thinly veiled attempt" as you state. Actually, it isn't veiled at all. We are pretty out in the open about being against murder of the unborn.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:24 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post

Republicans don't want to have the gov't take control of women's bodies. They want to protect those who can't protect themselves including the unborn.

And I don't think it is a "thinly veiled attempt" as you state. Actually, it isn't veiled at all. We are pretty out in the open about being against murder of the unborn.
If this bill were out in the open, it would be labeled "Ban Abortion Bill".....period. Why don't you just say what you mean?

Angry? Gee, why would I be angry because YOU want to make the decision whether or not I have a child? What business is it of yours? Are you going to pay to raise a child I do not want? Are YOU going to make sure I have the income to support a child?

If you want to protect unborn children, I would think you would want to make sure the parent had enough money to feed, clothe and house that child after it is born.

Oh, that's right, you don't care what kind of life the child has, once it has survived the birthing process, the child and it's mother are on their own.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:36 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I see all this anti abortion & banning stuff just leading to new and improved ways to abort privately. I guess out of sight/out of mind will be the rule if you could just drink a "special tea" and be done with it?
These people forget what it was like in pre Roe v. Wade days.
Women died getting illegal abortions, they killed themselves inadvertently while trying to abort.
Abortion has been around forever, it will never go away.
Actual living people don't matter, after all, they're only women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It will still be murder.
Your feelings do not trump the law of the land.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:15 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
These people forget what it was like in pre Roe v. Wade days.
Women died getting illegal abortions, they killed themselves inadvertently while trying to abort.
Abortion has been around forever, it will never go away.
Actual living people don't matter, after all, they're only women.

Your feelings do not trump the law of the land.
Typical left lie. I'm sure a few died, but you try to over-dramatize it by acting like women were just dying left and right on the street just to try and make your point, but it was never an epidemic, nor will it be.

Reality is back in those days, people had a lot more ethics. They didn't sleep around as much. They took responsibility. Society has gone into the toilet and people try to justify or excuse their actions more than take responsibility for them.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:18 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post

It's sad, right. Amazing how some folks just can't see past their rhetoric. It's always about "Republicans" and "control", because I'm sure conservatives sit at home thinking "how can we control them today?"

The reason they don't want to see the heartbeat on the sonograms is because they know that would invalidate their argument.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Typical left lie. I'm sure a few died, but you try to over-dramatize it by acting like women were just dying left and right on the street just to try and make your point, but it was never an epidemic, nor will it be.

Reality is back in those days, people had a lot more ethics. They didn't sleep around as much. They took responsibility. Society has gone into the toilet and people try to justify or excuse their actions more than take responsibility for them.
Do a little research, Kev.

People have always slept around.

Oh please. Try some research, it sure beats emotional diatribes every day.

http://www.prochoice.org/about_abort..._abortion.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_abortion
The practice of abortion dates back to ancient times. Pregnancies were terminated through a number of methods, including the administration of abortifacient herbs, the use of sharpened implements, the application of abdominal pressure, and other techniques.

Last edited by chielgirl; 02-13-2011 at 07:49 AM..

Old 02-13-2011, 09:23 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Well, you can certainly believe this, although it's not true in the slightest. I have noticed this is one of excuses abortion supporters use in order to justify abortion on demand.

See, if that "fetus" were left on it's own for nine months - what would be the end result?

Oh, the GOP has a majority in the House AND a majority in the Senate - thanks to the drubbing the democrats took in Ohio in Nov - and they have the governorship.

This looks like a done deal.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:56 PM

256 posts, read 216,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
There is a slight problem with this type of logic. Essentially what you are saying is, "If I don't feel that you are a person, I have the right to kill you if I should so choose; and you are not a person, you are just a piece of scum to me." This same logic would apply regardless if we are talking about a fetus, a newborn, or an adult. It can't be based on beliefs. It must be based on legal definitions.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:00 PM

256 posts, read 216,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It will still be murder.
Forcing a miscarriage will be murder? How will you determine if the miscarriage was the result of nature or if it was the result of something the mother did? Are you going to require an autopsy on every single miscarriage? And even then, there are most likely ways to induce a miscarriage that could not be detected by an autopsy. (Besides, you'd have to triple the number of coroners to handle all the autopsies.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies