Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

COLUMBUS -- State lawmakers are about to start considering a new abortion law that would make Ohio's law the strictest in the country.

It's called the "heartbeat" bill. It will be introduced Wednesday by Republican state Rep. Lynn Wachtmann from Napoleon, near Toledo.

Columbus: Lawmakers to consider 'heartbeat' abortion bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 06:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
I suspect few women know with absolute certainty that they are pregnant until the 4-5th week following conception.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
True these young girls that get pregnant at such early ages, if they are going to play grown up, hope they at least know whey they are preganant. Most do not know until a couple of weeks. There should be exceptions to this rule if this passes, what about women who are raped.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:11 PM

103 posts, read 67,669 times
This is a LOL bill that will go NO WHERE.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:59 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I see all this anti abortion & banning stuff just leading to new and improved ways to abort privately. I guess out of sight/out of mind will be the rule if you could just drink a "special tea" and be done with it?

Old 02-11-2011, 03:17 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
True these young girls that get pregnant at such early ages, if they are going to play grown up, hope they at least know whey they are preganant. Most do not know until a couple of weeks. There should be exceptions to this rule if this passes, what about women who are raped.
Judging by those sponsoring the bill, I doubt a rape exception will be in the bill. With that being said this stands little chance of passing and the slim chance it does pass it would be thrown out in court

Old 02-11-2011, 03:25 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I see all this anti abortion & banning stuff just leading to new and improved ways to abort privately. I guess out of sight/out of mind will be the rule if you could just drink a "special tea" and be done with it?
It will still be murder.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
I hope this bill becomes law and spreads to other states. If not, at the very least, those who wish to abort their living, breathing child, should be required to see and hear that child on ultrasound.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:58 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
COLUMBUS -- State lawmakers are about to start considering a new abortion law that would make Ohio's law the strictest in the country.

It's called the "heartbeat" bill. It will be introduced Wednesday by Republican state Rep. Lynn Wachtmann from Napoleon, near Toledo.

Columbus: Lawmakers to consider 'heartbeat' abortion bill
The pro abortionist will hate this. Seems to be a good bill

Old 02-11-2011, 07:01 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I hope this bill becomes law and spreads to other states. If not, at the very least, those who wish to abort their living, breathing child, should be required to see and hear that child on ultrasound.
But if they don't "see" it, it's not real, right?

If those that believe so strongly in the right to abort don't think there's anything wrong with it, why are they SO against people just seeing what they're aborting first?

Those against abortion couldn't care less about government "wanting to control a woman's body". That's a stupid argument that the left uses to try and dehumanize the subject.

We believe that the child is alive in there, and we believe that's murder. And since murder is outlawed in this country, abortion should just fall under that law.

I'm all for less government intervention. But I believe that folks should still be punished for murder and that it should be illegal. And because I know that a child is alive at conception, that's murder.

Of course, I'm one of the "evil conservatives" because I don't want to see a child die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies