Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
So that means you back off from calling my friend a liar?
Not at all, I not only suggest, I know for a fact your friend is not being truthful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 08:16 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Not at all, I not only suggest, I know for a fact your friend is not being truthful.
Then I must assume that you are closely affiliated with Ron Paul and can prove that the Paulinistas show up every year of their own accord and choose to be rude and disruptive of their own accord.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Then I must assume that you are closely affiliated with Ron Paul and can prove that the Paulinistas show up every year of their own accord and choose to be rude and disruptive of their own accord.
I'm not affiliated, I am involved and engaged and I know for a fact that the following statement is not true and I know this for a fact.

Quote:
I was told today that Ron Paul supporters are bussed into every CPAC convention. Trump said he was fed up and told it like it was because the Ron Paul supporters were so disruptive and rude. Good for Donald Trump.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I'm not affiliated, I am involved and engaged and I know for a fact that the following statement is not true and I know this for a fact.
If you know it for a fact, prove it.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
I like Rand Paul except for his discrimination police that protects private businesses' right to discriminate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Content?

Or just jealously and character attacks?

Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I like Rand Paul except for his discrimination police that protects private businesses' right to discriminate.
...and their right to go out of business by doing so.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:59 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Pauls arguments are tough to discredit.
I think many more will continue to defect as his common sense message is increasingly heard.
Common sense???? The guy wouldn't know common sense if it slaped him right across the head. Common "nonsense" he has lots of.

Today I heard him on the TV saying that he thought that the USA should not give any foreign aid to any country.

Well I guess in his world there is nothing like handing over the world to the Chinese, the Russians and the emerging nation of India. What a moron. Does he think that American aid does not come with strings attached?

Now I agree that there could be great improvments made in the forms that the aid takes, but to through the baby out with the bathwater is just symtomatic of libertarian thought.

Any politician that is controlled by any kind of ideology is very suspect in my mind. They paint themselves into a corner and are unable to do what is right for their country because it might be seen as departing from the "Party line".

Give me pragmatic leaders that are not bound up in some kind of purity chains.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:56 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Heres the deal, I agree with Ron Paul on possibly75% of the issues.......I probably agree with him more than I do with Trump. I am VERY Libertarian in my views. The point is, Trump IS correct Ron Paul will never, ever, ever, be elected President of these United States, I didn't say I would never vote for him , if he were to some how win the Republican nomination I would certainly vote for him over Obama or any other Liberal democrat. Having said all that, the thing that I believe is part of the problem, is those who support Paul........as an example, I have gotten more grief and animosity and hatefulness from Ron Paul supporters on this forum than I have from far left liberals whom I have nothing in common with! Hence the way they treated Cheney (a solid Conservative) at cpac.You don't win elections by alienating those you have common ground with and you certainly don't broaden your support with the all or nothing attitude that most of the Paul supporters have. I understand that our Presidential campaigns have become Beauty contests over substance but a Candidate must be a Leader, they have got to Inspire people, they have got to Attract people.........Ronald Reagan..........Paul does none of these, it does not matter what his views are if he cant get anyone to listen because he comes across as that shell shocked crazy uncle that lives in the basement. I would be willing to bet that a large percentage of Paul supporters are to the left of him on most economic issues but love him because of his anti war anti military views. Therefore they will never be happy with the Republican Party and Paul will never be elected President. This is who I think of when Paul is speaking.........................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7koigiUq7GE
No conservative Republican, especially socially conservative ones will win in 2012. Why not have a candidate that is so different he energizes a constituency that doesn't vote now.

We need to think long term to bring about liberty. The axis is shifting from left/right to authoritarian/liberty, we need to promote that change and having Paul run would help us in 16 or 20.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post

Which turns simple human ignorance, into resentment and hate.

Works like a charm.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Common sense???? The guy wouldn't know common sense if it slaped him right across the head. Common "nonsense" he has lots of.

Today I heard him on the TV saying that he thought that the USA should not give any foreign aid to any country.

Well I guess in his world there is nothing like handing over the world to the Chinese, the Russians and the emerging nation of India. What a moron. Does he think that American aid does not come with strings attached?

Now I agree that there could be great improvments made in the forms that the aid takes, but to through the baby out with the bathwater is just symtomatic of libertarian thought.

Any politician that is controlled by any kind of ideology is very suspect in my mind. They paint themselves into a corner and are unable to do what is right for their country because it might be seen as departing from the "Party line".

Give me pragmatic leaders that are not bound up in some kind of purity chains.
Would you please tell me what exactly is nonsense here? As to any politician 'controlled' by some ideology, well then you must be suspect of them all because they all are, each and every single one, just as you are, and anyone even remotely serious about politics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBPPBKcre0Y
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies