Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:25 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Promoting your sexuality over your skills just makes me think that you're not really qualified for the job but got it BECAUSE of being gay.
Heterosexuals talk about their heterosexuality all the time: salacious comments about the physical appearance of the opposite gender, who they are dating, their spouse, their weddings, their children, their 'ex', etc. .... but that is not promoting their sexuality!!!

A gay person just happens to mention that they are gay ... and THAT is "promoting your sexuality"!!!!

I suppose some people will never see the hypocrisy of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 09:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Heterosexuals talk about their heterosexuality all the time: salacious comments about the physical appearance of the opposite gender, who they are dating, their spouse, their weddings, their children, their 'ex', etc. .... but that is not promoting their sexuality!!!

A gay person just happens to mention that they are gay ... and THAT is "promoting your sexuality"!!!!

I haven't seen that when they got appointed or elected to jobs.
People talking about their sexuality is one thing...having it posted as part of an announcement is totally something else.

Has Harvard Law previous announced "Heterosexual Student elected as President" ?

Old 02-13-2011, 09:40 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
People talking about their sexuality is one thing...having it posted as part of an announcement is totally something else.

Has Harvard Law previous announced "Heterosexual Student elected as President" ?
Any time they say as part of somebody's biography "X is married and has Y kids." It's such a normal thing that you don't notice it, but it's advertising one's sexuality.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:25 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:

What part did he, personally, play in making that announcement?
Quote:

Ah, we have the answer right here in your next sentence; none. It was Harvard Law, tooting their own horn that they were finally advancing an openly-gay student to the highest position possible in their Law Program.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:52 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
We don't need to be violent, we just need to be out. So when someone asks if you are married, say you would like to be when you meet the right guy. What holds gays back in part are those who are half closeted. In my state, we are openly in law enforcement, we are in govt. - even in the legislature and on city councils and we now have a lesbian State Supreme Court Justice.
Get a grip.....I was being facitious with him because he seems to know more about US gays than we do ourselves.....as many straight people think they are experts on gay behaviour and thought patterns.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
This thread is a joke, especially considering the OP's tagline. Celebrating homosexuality is sick. One is what one is but to think it's a wonderful thing to celebrate is just plain bizarre.
What an obnoxious and immature post.......but that's what I'd expect from intellectually inferior posters who have no sense of humor and cannot debate intellectual issues without resorting to schoolyard mentality tactics.

IMHO......people like you are the bizarre ones....so full of hate that you eat away at our culture like a cancer!. Get a life! P.S. .....And if you think Palin is smart....after saying Sputnik bankrupted the United States, than I have some Florida swampland you'll surely be interested in purchasing!

Let me also add......people like you crack me up....you certainly can dish out the insults and inuendos but, like little children....can't take it. For instance....look how many times posters like you have brought up Obama in a thread that has NOTHING to do with him....OY VEY!!!!!! IF you can't stand the heat....then get out of the kitchen!

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 02-13-2011 at 05:15 PM..

Old 02-13-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

NO......some folks are just hypocritical IDIOTS!!!!!

You cannot reason with them, their minds are far too tiny and their IQ's are far too low....they believe whatever they are told by other extreme right wingers who are manipulating them for their own political power gains.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:57 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Law review terminology:

Article - written by a professor or practitioner
Note - written by a student
Comment - short piece written by a student

Yep, so are you holding it against Obama that he didn't write a lengthy article or something when by definition he couldn't?

A significant percentage of editors-in-chief or presidents of law reviews at top law schools don't write their own articles at all.

But anyway, congratulations to the new President of Harv. L. Rev. I'm sure he's going to do a great job, though it's going to take a ton of work for him as a 3L.
I'm saying don't make it what it isn't. Given the student body of Harvard and what they do in a day.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:09 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
It's important because homosexuals to this day are targets of bigotry.
Target for bigotry? Where do you live?

Quote:
Every time an openly GLBT person makes it to a position that none have before, it helps set the stage for the day when there will be equality and acceptance.
Only for people needing it. It's not going to set the stage for anything other than more whining going on by the GLBT.

Assimilate or don't. Make a big deal out of who you sleep with at the end of the day, while its not supposed to be anyone's business at the same time. How many ways do you want it?

The rest of us have moved on. Good for the kid and he's gay. So what? What's it supposed to prove or change?

No one cares who is gay, lesbian, bi or transgendered and what they do in their lifetimes other than those who are gay, lesbian, bi or transgendered.

And if you need to focus on those who DO care, you might want to tread a little more on the softer side. Shoving anything down anyone's throat, in the manner the GLBT community tends to, isn't going to win any fans or change any minds. The GLBT community has never heard of "baby steps". It's all "IN YOUR FACE AND EFF YOU".

And that ALWAYS works!

Old 02-13-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Target for bigotry? Where do you live?

Only for people needing it. It's not going to set the stage for anything other than more whining going on by the GLBT.

Assimilate or don't. Make a big deal out of who you sleep with at the end of the day, while its not supposed to be anyone's business at the same time. How many ways do you want it?

The rest of us have moved on. Good for the kid and he's gay. So what? What's it supposed to prove or change?

No one cares who is gay, lesbian, bi or transgendered and what they do in their lifetimes other than those who are gay, lesbian, bi or transgendered.

And if you need to focus on those who DO care, you might want to tread a little more on the softer side. Shoving anything down anyone's throat, in the manner the GLBT community tends to, isn't going to win any fans or change any minds. The GLBT community has never heard of "baby steps". It's all "IN YOUR FACE AND EFF YOU".

And that ALWAYS works!
Here's what I think along with countless others>>>>>
Attached Thumbnails
Harvard Law Review Elects First Openly Gay Student As President.-unknownca9c1lul.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies