U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-11-2011, 07:26 AM
 
16,546 posts, read 12,555,970 times
Reputation: 4234

Advertisements

Quote:
On Wednesday, The Blaze’s Mike Opelka pointed out how Us Weekly published a fabricated story about former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin originally written for a satirical website. The false report quoted Palin bashing pop singer Christina Aguilera as an “airhead diva” who, as a “Latin princess” shouldn’t be allowed to perform on television.
The gossip magazine almost immediately removed the story from their site, but on Thursday, Time magazine pushed the exact same story. In linking to the satirical report — posted on the website of Keith Olbermann’s new employer, Al Gore’s Current TV — Time joked that Palin wanted to “deport” Aguilera for her botched Super Bowl performance.
Another Day, Another Fake Sarah Palin Story Published by Careless Media | The Blaze

Oh how irrelevant these outlets are becoming. This is becoming comical and sad at the same time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
78,765 posts, read 41,620,978 times
Reputation: 18401
Both sides are so quick to punch the other, they now have to fabricate their own punching bag, to stay in shape.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 07:43 AM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 14,348,232 times
Reputation: 4889
The left wing mob is scared to death of Sarah and have to constantly do negative things to keep her down.

You aint seen nothing yet.

The party of hate and the hateful left wing media will be going full force if she announces she is going to run.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 AM
 
Location: Chicago
4,091 posts, read 3,863,426 times
Reputation: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh how irrelevant these outlets are becoming. This is becoming comical and sad at the same time.
They keep putting food in Palin and her family's mouths. They are fools. All they are doing is helping her.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,479 posts, read 55,628,639 times
Reputation: 24770
Why would anyone bother to make up stories to embarass Ms. Palin. Reality is funny enough.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 07:57 AM
 
11,145 posts, read 14,818,759 times
Reputation: 4209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The left wing mob is scared to death of Sarah and have to constantly do negative things to keep her down.

You aint seen nothing yet.

The party of hate and the hateful left wing media will be going full force if she announces she is going to run.
In reality, the left, middle, and moderate right aren't scared of her. We just don't respect her. She lacks intelligence, vision, fortitude, and the emotional backbone to be a strong leader.

Her continued effort to be more than a pundit celebrity / rallying point for the far right (which she does very well) is disturbing, but not fear-inducing. I think most Obama supporters would embrace her candidacy with open arms to ensure he gets re-elected.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 07:59 AM
 
10,092 posts, read 7,622,582 times
Reputation: 3409
Isn't it kind of a badge of honor for celebrities to have trash publications like US Weekly and the National Enquirer make up stories about you? I think that tends to happen when you put yourself out there as a celebrity vs. a serious political commentator. I haven't heard stories in US Weekly about Ron Paul, John Boehner...the list goes on.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 08:00 AM
 
Location: North America
19,783 posts, read 13,931,991 times
Reputation: 8495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
In reality, the left, middle, and moderate right aren't scared of her. We just don't respect her. She lacks intelligence, vision, fortitude, and the emotional backbone to be a strong leader.

Her continued effort to be more than a pundit celebrity / rallying point for the far right (which she does very well) is disturbing, but not fear-inducing. I think most Obama supporters would embrace her candidacy with open arms to ensure he gets re-elected.

...What you said...

Kudos
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 08:01 AM
 
7,887 posts, read 9,536,415 times
Reputation: 3226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The left wing mob is scared to death of Sarah and have to constantly do negative things to keep her down.

You aint seen nothing yet.

The party of hate and the hateful left wing media will be going full force if she announces she is going to run.
What exactly are we scared of?

She gonna hit us with her purse?

Stun us with her good taste in clothing?

Paralyze us with her scintillating intellect?

''So we discussed what was going on in Africa. And never, ever did I talk about, Well, gee, is it a country or is it a continent, I just don't know about this issue.''

LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2011, 08:02 AM
 
16,546 posts, read 12,555,970 times
Reputation: 4234
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Isn't it kind of a badge of honor for celebrities to have trash publications like US Weekly and the National Enquirer make up stories about you? I think that tends to happen when you put yourself out there as a celebrity vs. a serious political commentator. I haven't heard stories in US Weekly about Ron Paul, John Boehner...the list goes on.
You people crack me up. You have a ton to say, but constantly get it wrong. Do you guys even read the article? It was TIME magazine and Al Gore's website this time. So you admit that TIME is a trash publication? I agree.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top