Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 02:29 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,870,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
110% agree with you!
You agree even though it wasn't the Muslim Brotherhood that got power? Jeeez, the Beckheads never fail to amaze
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 02:32 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,812,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Holy cow, is she coming out of hiding? Sarah Tweeted!! Asked the media to ask Obama Admin if they will exert as much pressure on Iran Govt as they did with Egypt. Now there's some real undertanding? News flash. Egypt has had a working relationship with the US for a while. That is not true with Iran. What a ditz, hey, could that tweet have been from a fake Sarah?
If freedom and democracy is a worthwhile goal,it is worthwhile everywhere....

Old 02-11-2011, 02:32 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,797,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You agree even though it wasn't the Muslim Brotherhood that got power? Jeeez, the Beckheads never fail to amaze
Casper
Casper, I think it's Beckerheads. Plus it looks like Becks show today will further spread the Muslim Brotherhood fear.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:35 PM

527 posts, read 1,017,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
I agree with what workingclass hero is pointing out and all of the facts he has given on this board
I just cant believe that people are ACTUALLY defending the pieces of sh-- Muslim Brotherhood????? sounds like whenever someone points out some truth about these crazy muslims its the same people on this forum defending them. All you do is gang up and take personal jabs-

Old 02-11-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
If freedom and democracy is a worthwhile goal,it is worthwhile everywhere....
It is worthwhile. But the point is, what influence can the US have on the Govt of Iran? To paraphrase Palin, Duh.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:45 PM

14,988 posts, read 23,788,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
I agree with what workingclass hero is pointing out and all of the facts he has given on this board
I just cant believe that people are ACTUALLY defending the pieces of sh-- Muslim Brotherhood????? sounds like whenever someone points out some truth about these crazy muslims its the same people on this forum defending them. All you do is gang up and take personal jabs-
The Muslim Brotherhood is NOT popular with the egyptians I have talked to during my trip over there. However, these are people associated with the toursit industry, which is 20% of Egypt's economy. Muslim Brotherhood will certaintly destroy there way of life.

The Muslim Brotherhood they blame for the killing of tourists including the massacre at Luxor and some bombings in recent years. They do target westerners, they have killed americans. I don't think they will take over in Egypt, Egyptians are not that hard core and they relay to much on the tourist industry and they like there fun just a bit too much. But if they take over, it will be bad bad news, for egyptians, for us, for peace in the middle east, for everyone.
What will take over? Just another corrupt government. It's in their culture, it's a culture that moves on backsheesh - bribes, corruption, and a heavy hand.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:48 PM

Watching FOX ramping up their spew right now. No facts, just pure speculation aimed at raising the fear level.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:49 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,812,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It is worthwhile. But the point is, what influence can the US have on the Govt of Iran? To paraphrase Palin, Duh.
The US government could offer support to those seeking freedom and democracy,wherever it is found.

But the US gov. cares little about such things,and neither do most Americans,no matter what side of the political spectrum they are from.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124520170103721579.html

Old 02-11-2011, 02:50 PM

527 posts, read 1,017,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The Muslim Brotherhood is NOT popular with the egyptians I have talked to during my trip over there. However, these are people associated with the toursit industry, which is 20% of Egypt's economy. Muslim Brotherhood will certaintly destroy there way of life.

The Muslim Brotherhood they blame for the killing of tourists including the massacre at Luxor and some bombings in recent years. They do target westerners, they have killed americans. I don't think they will take over in Egypt, Egyptians are not that hard core and they relay to much on the tourist industry and they like there fun just a bit too much. But if they take over, it will be bad bad news, for egyptians, for us, for peace in the middle east, for everyone.
Yes exactly, I was trying to point out on a previous thread that I do hope egypt has peace and a democratic way, but the muslim brotherhood prey on weakness and they are deceiving and known for their deceptiveness- All I am trying to say is that for us all, I hope they do not get their hands into Egypts new government because that would be catastrophic.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,206,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The US government could offer support to those seeking freedom and democracy,wherever it is found.

But the US gov. cares little about such things,and neither do most Americans,no matter what side of the political spectrum they are from.

Obama's Iran Abdication - WSJ.com
You got that right. We sent billions to Egypt and cared not a bit about their people. Did that foreign aid get to them ?
Removing their food subsidy by their government was the straw that broke the camel's back.

But NOW we care ? The USG are full of hypocrites. They will say whatever it takes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies