Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
"There is Journaistic Reporting and there is Editorial Opinion, our viewers are intelligent enough to realize that our Broadcats are the LATTER"

Roger Ailes

Fox makes no pretense that it is telling the truth

So rBGH causes cancer in humans?

Are you able to prove that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Big Lies get Big Audiences get Big Advertizer Bucks. That is just good business. The truth is irrelevant anyway so why not lie if it makes more money.
Credibility in news reporting is important, Fox news follows the guidelines of the Nazi propaganda machine. Take a little truth and mix it with false information works well to give a slant that promotes their agenda. Tell it often and long enough and people will believe it.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:24 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Everyone I have ever fired wasn't happy either...

The libel, slander and defamation of character law suits I have filed and won, prove it.
Easy to say on an internet message board by an anonymous poster...

Old 02-11-2011, 11:25 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZdTk4InmA4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jwg-...layer_embedded

Next!

Old 02-11-2011, 11:26 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times
If they actually make stuff up, then why hasn't anyone ever exposed anything they made up?

Nothing quoted in the OP's post is fictitious.

On the other hand....we HAVE caught CBS, CNN, and MSNBC making stuff up.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:26 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
(yes I know they are liberal...)

I don't know why you bothered to post this unless it was to feed the trolls against Fox. Anyone with half a brain does not believe liberals or disgruntled employees.
Indeed

Old 02-11-2011, 11:32 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebri View Post
It's no big surprise to anyone who says they can think for themselves that Fox Propaganda, excuse me Fox NEWS, is part of the republican propaganda machine. I just think it is a crime that so many people in this country don't seem to know that Fox does take an ultra right wing conservative view on everything. If their audience agrees with Fox propaganda/news then fine, but their audience should know that everything is not presented to them in a fair and balanced way, but in a way that makes them think any one who is not ultra right wing should be shot dead. That is the vitriol that Fox spews every day.

If you are reading the news, there is not "view" that is presented. You may disagree with the stories that FOX feels is important to cover, but that is why there are so many news outlets. If you want the government line, tune in to the nightly news not on cable.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:32 AM

657 posts, read 697,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Everything you have said here I could say about the mainstream press. Tell me, just how is it you can favor only one point of view in a national press without being "goebbels" yourself?
Well in Europe we have public broadcasting services that are independent of governmental control and are not privately owned. And as much as Fox News wants you to believe that public broadcasters just serve as a govt mouthpiece, that is not at all true.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:33 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
In all fairness I find fox to be "generally'' as accurate or more so than the mainstream press. Fact is we need them. The mainstream press, while free, is certainly biased. We need more than one point of view from our news services.
Fans of the network always brag about the ratings. In television, if your ratings are great, you are part of the mainstream media.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:35 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Well in Europe we have public broadcasting services that are independent of governmental control and are not privately owned. And as much as Fox News wants you to believe that public broadcasters just serve as a govt mouthpiece, that is not at all true.
Independent of government control but not publicly owned? How exactly does that work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies