Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 03:27 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Guess You missed the Fact that ObamaCare, as you call it, is not repealed and the cuts have not been approved nor will they be if they only go after what they want cut. We shall see what happens, but you are counting chickens before they hatch, but don't feel bad it is a common problem with righties.
Casper

Strange that you blabber in reply and totally miss the freakin' POINT...although I'm not surprised since most everything goes over your head.

Go back and re-read what I was replying to with an ADULT this time to explain it to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 03:30 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncav4 View Post
not dressing up in costumes, carrying silly signs and wearing tea bags.
The great thing about the US is that we have the opportunity for revolution every couple of years. Egypt didn't, so they were forced to take to the streets. My guess is that to Nancy Pelosi the tea partiers were pretty effective in their revolution.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:32 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so far it has been relatively peaceful, thousands of people protesting against a dictatorship usually means a bloodbath for thousand not the 300 that did die. so yes I would say pretty darn peaceful.

I don't have the slightest idea why you would bring in code pink, what does that have to do with this?
Because Code Pink along with a few other of Obama's radical friends (formerly in the business of domestic terrorism) have been documented as stirring the pot of discontent in Egypt for the past year.

Obama, Code Pink and Egypt: ‘There Are No Coincidences in Politics” « The Radio Patriot

Code Pink's Medea Benjamin reports from Cairo's Tahrir Square: "It turned ..into a war zone" : SFGate: Politics Blog

CODEPINK*:*CODEPINK Peace Activists Join Egyptians on the Ground in Cairo, Available for Phone Calls, Interviews

The Muslim Brotherhood of the Traveling Code Pink Pants | NewsReal Blog

Old 02-11-2011, 03:32 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Default Hey, lefty! You don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncav4 View Post
not dressing up in costumes, carrying silly signs and wearing tea bags.
We didn't dress up in costumes. We didn't carry "silly" signs. And we ddin't "wear tea bags".

Lefty, your post is one of the most ignorant I've seen on C-D.

You have no clue what is happening over there, and you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Better do some research.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If they had been Americans there would have been a shooting war, tell me I am wrong, go ahead try.
Casper
You are wrong. The elections of November 2010 ousted Democrats from the House quite peacefully, with the exception of a few professional aggitators from Soros funded organizations.

Now, please address the inconsistency in Obama's foriegn policy when it comes to supporting democratic uprisings and revolutions.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:35 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You are wrong. The elections of November 2010 ousted Democrats from the House quite peacefully, with the exception of a few professional aggitators from Soros funded organizations.

Now, please address the inconsistency in Obama's foriegn policy when it comes to supporting democratic uprisings and revolutions.
Koch brothers won over Soros in 2010. Let us leave it at that.

But when it comes to foreign policy, what were you expecting Obama to do with the situation in Egypt? Side with the dictator and against the people? Remember, this is what he said...
"We want to see this moment of turmoil turn into a moment of opportunity," he said. "Even as there are grave challenges and great uncertainty, I am confident that the Egyptian people can shape the future that they deserve."

Bad idea and approach, eh?

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 02-11-2011 at 03:43 PM..

Old 02-11-2011, 03:36 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You're right. How could they? You were seeing things, right? I certainly didn't. What were you watching, again?
You didn't see words written in the street made of stones thrown? Many hand sized rocks made to be words, but i don't read Egyptian.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You didn't see words written in the street made of stones thrown? Many hand sized rocks made to be words, but i don't read Egyptian.
Why are you not revealing your source(s)? I would like to see them. In the mean time, digest this.

But in 13 days of demonstrations, the environment hasn't always been safe and activists as well as journalists have been targeted by pro-Mubarak backers.

Fox News correspondent Greg Palkot and cameraman Olaf Wiig were in Tahrir Square during the worst of the violence last week. When the building from which they were reporting came under siege, they were forced to flee into the streets and right into the middle of pro-government supporters.

The two were both severely beaten -- to the point they had to be hospitalized.

Personally, I'm surprised the protesters held up and stuck with peace as best as they could. But then, your source may change my opinion so I will look forward to it. Without it, please do not respond.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Koch won over Soros in 2010. Let us leave it at that.

But when it comes to foreign policy, what were you expecting Obama to do with the situation in Egypt? Side with the dictator and against the people? Remember, this is what he said...
"We want to see this moment of turmoil turn into a moment of opportunity," he said. "Even as there are grave challenges and great uncertainty, I am confident that the Egyptian people can shape the future that they deserve."

Bad idea and approach, eh?
Do you really fail to see the hypocrisy? What Obama condemned in Honduras he supports in Egypt.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Do you really fail to see the hypocrisy? What he condemed in Honduras he supports in Egypt.
The problem is obvious. You think a military coup is the same as what happened in Iran (2009) and now in Egypt (2011). Would you please show me how the coup in Honduras is along the same lines as that in Egypt?

Another key question would be... did you support the coup in Honduras? Do you support the movement in Egypt? Why did you support one but not the other, if that is the case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies