Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:21 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none."-Thomas Jefferson
I.e., stay the **** out of it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,583,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Well, I guess I'll just have to pack up and move to Egypt.

Yeah right, we're going to pick Egypts new leaders...

Old 02-11-2011, 08:06 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So democracy is only good if we approve the outcome?
Actually I agree with D to a degree. While I am happy the People of Egypt have gotten rid of a Dictator I will have to wait and see what they chose to replace him with. It is their right to chose their own path, without our and anyone elses outside influence, but I really do hope they stick with some version of a democratic form of government, we already have enough issues in the area as it is.
Casper

Old 02-11-2011, 08:09 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
I agree completely. They'd be ashamed of how some right wing conservatives have tried to vilify the democratic aspirations of normal people both abroad and right here at home.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:08 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I would like to have actaully seen some leadership on the civilain side in the protest like poland. Seems the military is now i charge from reorts. Not always good.
In some ways I hope that the new regime is unfriendly to the US, only because it will help the citizens of that country feel they have a chance and that the US is still not meddling in their affairs.

Hopefully, the form they choose is democratic, but either way its their choice

Old 02-11-2011, 09:18 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So democracy is only good if we approve the outcome?

Oh it's all ready decided that they will be a democracy?

Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Thank You!

American approval of other countries internal affairs...the reason the world calls the U.S. "arrogant".

Are the people on the left that dense? It has nothing to do with American approval. It's called human rights. If the muslim brotherhood becomes a big influance, human rights will not be key for them.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
In some ways I hope that the new regime is unfriendly to the US, only because it will help the citizens of that country feel they have a chance and that the US is still not meddling in their affairs.

Hopefully, the form they choose is democratic, but either way its their choice

I am all for it so we can also stop sending billions of our tax dollars over there too!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Our leaders, both republican and democrat, have been totally compromised by greed, avarice and hubris with their fawning of Mubarak for 30 years.

Meanwhile, the Egyptian students, housewives and working-class laborers have embraced the souls of America's patriots with their unwavering determination to taste freedom...not corporate sponsored pseudo-freedom but REAL HUMAN FREEDOM.

Congrats to them...shame on us.

The Founding Fathers Would Be Proud of the People of Egypt ... And Disgusted With the People of America | zero hedge
Are you for real? See these stats about Egypt:

ElBaradei: 'It's The Greatest Day Of My Life' : The Two-Way : NPR

But we need to have a proper plan for meeting basic needs of the 42 percent of the Egyptian who live below poverty levels, the illiterate - the 30 percent who are illiterate.

Plus, see this:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

The Address contains much advice to the new nation, still valid today, including:

To value Religion and Morality as indispensible to Liberty;
To avoid the rise of "factions" seeking to steer the deliberative processes;
To avoid foreign entanglements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies