Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 03:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Cheap and ingorant shot. Actually, if you look at the history of my posts, including a recent one in the history forum, you will find that I am Jewish and proud of it and observant. However, being Jewish does not mean one must agree with everything Israel does. Even the IDF has an orgainization for those who serve who oppose govt. policy yet who serve proudly. But to say the current govt. of Israel acts within the tradition of Jewish ethics is very much open to debate and is debated hotly in Israel.
I guess I was wrong but it doesn't seem that you really want to debate, only want to do away with the things Israel does that you don't like.

In the Army I trained in Basic Training with two of the most worthless people I have ever known but I never thought that their being Jews from New York state was the reason they were so worthless. One of them was fat and couldn't lift himself up one time doing chinups. When they erected their tent when we had to be in the field it sagged so badly that you could see the imprint of his belly from outside. My black best buddy and I nearly died laughing when we saw that inept attempt at construction every time our guard tour took us past it. Those guys were so sad in everything they did but it was far beyond me to think of them as Jews for a reason. We had a Jew from California in our company who broke the standing records for physical tests and he was such a good kid although he had only one working eye. (He lied his way in somehow)

I guess I should go back and read that post to see if you didn't communicate what I accused you of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 03:22 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Isn't there enough room for the followers of Islam in the Arab countries? Why is the total destruction of Israel necessary when Muslims well out number Christians in the Middle East? Is the destruction of the heart of Christianity in Israel the only way that Muslims can be secure in their religion?
I find it hard to unravel the errors in a paragraph that doesn't distinguish between Arabs and Muslims, or between an issue of religion and an issue of colonization and theft, or, most incredibly of all, between Israel and Christianity!

Old 02-13-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin (pronounced Owen) View Post

That's just for starters. In Nicuragua, Venezuela, Bolivia, Vietnam, Cuba, El Savador, Somalia and Grenada (by no means an exhaustive list, just off the top of my head) the US has employed a multitude of violent and underhanded measures to depose or otherwise affect a change in leadership which is either ambivolent to, or against the wishes of the population of those countries.

Eoin
You were doing so well and then got lost since so many people in this group of nations have entered the US as illegals. Why is it that they would do something like that? Is it because they want to live here and can't wait.

Most of the Vietnamese who moved here during and after the war in Vietnam are very happy with their choice of homelands. There are plenty of illegals in the area around my home from Nicuraga, Cuba, El Salvador along with legals from Somalia. I really wonder why they keep coming here.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I will try to be civil in saying that those who want Israel destroyed so badly really want to use them to keep the Muslims in the Middle East stirred up. They want to keep that "hatred" alive in order to have an excuse to eventually attack Israel. I hear that same kind of talk all over this forum when libs talk about how we use race here to keep people stirred up.
I mainly want the country I live in to stop sending money and guns to the region and simply get clear of it.

You just said in one sentence that unnamed "people" (read:liberals) want to use Israel to keep the Muslims "stirred up." (To do what?) Then in the next sentence the destruction of Israel is suddenly elevated to the end rather than the means. This is circular babble.

Are you trying to say liberals want a worldwide Final Solution? Or is the simpler and more economical answer simply that they don't favor Israeli colonialism? To put it a different way, what "liberal" agenda is served by keeping Muslims "stirred up"? Is that going to help get the next stimulus proposal passed or something?

Old 02-13-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I mainly want the country I live in to stop sending money and guns to the region and simply get clear of it.

You just said in one sentence that unnamed "people" (read:liberals) want to use Israel to keep the Muslims "stirred up." (To do what?) Then in the next sentence the destruction of Israel is suddenly elevated to the end rather than the means. This is circular babble.

Are you trying to say liberals want a worldwide Final Solution? Or is the simpler and more economical answer simply that they don't favor Israeli colonialism? To put it a different way, what "liberal" agenda is served by keeping Muslims "stirred up"? Is that going to help get the next stimulus proposal passed or something?
Sorry, I didn't see any connection of liberals and Muslims other than to say that it is libs that continually talk about people like me being racist and that Muslim leaders use hatred of Israel to keep their people stirred up. I really think that when some people see the word, liberal, they get very excited and don't try to connect things.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:53 PM

527 posts, read 1,019,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Why do Arab Muslim countries want the total destruction of Israel?

For the same reason that Jews have survived till today. Islam calls for their supremacy and rule over all the world as they consider themselves and their religious/political all encompassing ideology to be It is their holy mission in life to overtake all others to suppression by any and all means (violence, sneakiness, making demands, fear). They know that the toughest of those to dominate will be the Jews who have withstood every type of attempt to destroy them throughout history.
directly from god and anyone else to be the dregs of the earth.
They are commanded to specifically destroy the Jews in order to bring forth their five yr old Medhi savior who was lost in a well a thousand years ago and who will finally prove their superiority when he appears again at which time those who haven't already submitted themselves to conversion or slavery will see the error of their ways and rush to do so. This is why they fought alongside the Nazis and probably influenced them before Israel was even a state.

This post is spot on!!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:48 PM

604 posts, read 750,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
because they're brainwashed into a religion... cmon now.. middle christian america should be able to understand this.. Imagine if we had a Muslim nation in our backyard, promoting things counter to our "christian beliefs" we'd have crazies calling for their destruction you bet your rear end!

I hear the Taliban/ Al Qaeda chain kids to desks until they've memorized and recited the 6,666 verses of the Quaran/Koran (sp-w/e)

Can't find a lot of evidence it's true, but they are punished if they don't memorize and recite segments of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Interesting. How would you explain then how the Jews of the Ottoman Empire thrived while they were exterminated in Christian Europe from the 1200's to the 1950's? The history of the Jews of Thessaloniki is worth a detailed study.

Saying all Muslims want the destruction of those who do not believe as they do is the same as saying all Christian ministers are overweight, have a southern accent and wear gaudy rings.
Ottoman Empire was largely run by atheists in the 1900's (Armenian Genocide occurred under their rule--which they WILL NOT acknowledge)

Earlier than that, they were a growing, thriving empire, why torture, kill, rape, and massacre Jews when everything is going good?

Scapegoats tend to be slaughtered when countries are in decline (during/after WWI-for Ottoman Empire)
____

Considering someone put forth the idea that Israel plans to expand their borders- I doubt the USA would allow that.

To the person who thinks we should stop sending them $$ and weapons-
Traditionally, we've been allies with European powers.

European powers "created" Israel, making them friendly to the USA, friendlier than the Arab countries have been.

That little "jihad" "by-law" of the Muslim world, where if you invite infidels into the "Holy-Land" every good Muslim should take up arms and force them out sorta creates problems for the USA.

Iraq attacks Kuwait, Saudi Arabia fears they are next.
Al Qaeda offers them protection. USA does the same.

Who do you want defending your kingdom? Al Qaeda against a VERY large army, or the USA. They chose US.
So the jihad begins.

Turkey- wouldn't let us use bases as a staging area to send troops/supplies into the Middle East and threaten to get rid of NATO bases should we bring up that small little "Armenian Genocide" that never happened.

So Irael is our only real ally between the Mediterranean and China...

Can we afford to NOT know what's going on in that area?
We were attacked from there when we didn't...

So Arabic countries MAY hate Israel because they're the USA's ally + anything that has ever historically happened (although the Romans removing the jews seems to say that there is no Palestine claim, and Israel belongs to the Jews)

I guess if we just let the Taliban/Muslim Extremists to run wild, chop body parts off children and women and tear down anything resembling technology, laws, democracy, and human rights-- they may leave Israel alone...

either that or send more suicide bombers to the USA, launch more rockets into Israel (Hamas) and attack France, Germany, UK, India at will, and keep us on high alert

I think we need a better solution than what we've been doing to this terrorist problem, but I think Israel needs to stay. and I think the USA needs to stay with them

Old 02-13-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't see any connection of liberals and Muslims other than to say that it is libs that continually talk about people like me being racist and that Muslim leaders use hatred of Israel to keep their people stirred up. I really think that when some people see the word, liberal, they get very excited and don't try to connect things.
OK. As long as there is no specific connection.

I have no reason to consider you racist (and I don't) and you similarly have no reason to consider most anti-Zionists to be anti-Semitic.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
I hear the Taliban/ Al Qaeda chain kids to desks until they've memorized and recited the 6,666 verses of the Quaran/Koran (sp-w/e)
I've heard that there are alligators in the sewers of New York and that George Bush planned 9/11. What's your point?

Quote:
Can't find a lot of evidence it's true, but they are punished if they don't memorize and recite segments of it.
I heard your mother swims aboard troop ships, of course I can't believe it's true, but hey...

Kids at my school were also 'punished' for not being able to read. It's called a report card.

Quote:
Ottoman Empire was largely run by atheists in the 1900's (Armenian Genocide occurred under their rule--which they WILL NOT acknowledge)

Earlier than that, they were a growing, thriving empire, why torture, kill, rape, and massacre Jews when everything is going good?

Scapegoats tend to be slaughtered when countries are in decline (during/after WWI-for Ottoman Empire)
Good point. Except that "atheists" are no more a specific category of people than "disbelievers in Santa Claus" are.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:25 PM

554 posts, read 736,624 times
Quote:
You were doing so well and then got lost since so many people in this group of nations have entered the US as illegals. Why is it that they would do something like that? Is it because they want to live here and can't wait.

Most of the Vietnamese who moved here during and after the war in Vietnam are very happy with their choice of homelands. There are plenty of illegals in the area around my home from Nicuraga, Cuba, El Salvador along with legals from Somalia. I really wonder why they keep coming here.
Please re-read what I said, in the context of what I said, and explain for me why the above is relevant to this discussion? Perhaps I'm a simpleton but I don't see how your point relates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies