Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 AM

604 posts, read 750,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I've heard that there are alligators in the sewers of New York and that George Bush planned 9/11. What's your point?

I heard your mother swims aboard troop ships, of course I can't believe it's true, but hey...

Kids at my school were also 'punished' for not being able to read. It's called a report card.

But there is at least evidence of this happening.

Good point. Except that "atheists" are no more a specific category of people than "disbelievers in Santa Claus" are.
Look up a definition of atheist.
someone who denies the existence of god

Were you punished for not being able to read?
Try not to take it out on other people.

I'm guessing you don't think the Taliban think Islamic women should be completely covered, locked inside a house with blacked-out windows, and should be beaten as seen fit, and body parts cut off as punishment...

or that when women commit adultery, or children steal they should be herded in front of a large group of people and decapitated, or have their hand and/or feet cut off....

Fairy tales, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 08:07 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post

I'm guessing you don't think the Taliban think Islamic women should be completely covered, locked inside a house with blacked-out windows, and should be beaten as seen fit, and body parts cut off as punishment...

or that when women commit adultery, or children steal they should be herded in front of a large group of people and decapitated, or have their hand and/or feet cut off....

Fairy tales, right?
No, sounds something right out of the Bible. Oh, and the Taliban hates atheists.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 AM

527 posts, read 1,019,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, sounds something right out of the Bible. Oh, and the Taliban hates atheists.
The Taliban hates EVERYONE who does not believe the same as they do.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
The Taliban hates EVERYONE who does not believe the same as they do.
They are not alone. They just happen to be among the most honest and open about it.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Isn't there enough room for the followers of Islam in the Arab countries? Why is the total destruction of Israel necessary when Muslims well out number Christians in the Middle East? Is the destruction of the heart of Christianity in Israel the only way that Muslims can be secure in their religion?

Please stay on topic without anti-semetic/Zionist comments. Let's keep this discussion civil please.
Your post doesn’t make sense for several reasons. One, Arab doesn’t equal Islam. Virtually all Christian population in Israel is Arabic. Two, that would be a whopping 2.1% of the populace in Israel, that is Christian. Is there anything worse for freedoms of religion and particularly, considering the OP, the demise of Christianity inside Israel than the likes of Koenig Memorandum?

PS. The title of the thread itself way too aggressive to warrant a civil debate. Unless the only idea one must maintain is that as long as hatred is directed away from Zionists. Also I don’t like the hijacked idea of anti-semitism used for Jews only because Arabs too are semites by definition.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:00 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Yes, but oddly there is no word for a person who denies the existence of Santa Claus.

Quote:
No, but perhaps you weren't punished enough for lack of reading comprehension.

Quote:
Your point? We call anyone in Afghanistan who is fighting us at the moment "Taliban", so I expect some do and some don't.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 AM

604 posts, read 750,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yes, but oddly there is no word for a person who denies the existence of Santa Claus.

an adult?

No, but perhaps you weren't punished enough for lack of reading comprehension.

ouch, my dignity

Your point? We call anyone in Afghanistan who is fighting us at the moment "Taliban", so I expect some do and some don't.

Afghan Women Fear Their Fate Amid Taliban Negotiations - TIME
Picture of the year....
"Not just her nose, though: They ordered her husband to saw off her ears too for the crime of running away from home"

Time’s editor insists that “We do not run this story or show this image either in support of the U.S. war effort or in opposition to it,”

Old 02-17-2011, 09:48 AM

527 posts, read 1,019,809 times
Quote:
Afghan Women Fear Their Fate Amid Taliban Negotiations - TIME
Picture of the year....
"Not just her nose, though: They ordered her husband to saw off her ears too for the crime of running away from home"

Time’s editor insists that “We do not run this story or show this image either in support of the U.S. war effort or in opposition to it,”
Wow they really are crazy sob's over there- 3-2-1 waiting for the defensive posts that will be up - or try to say this is a rarity in this religion of peace. Let me guess- Time's editor watches fox news or better yet he is a beck head or is he a christian?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I think somebody somewhere is making money or consolidating power by fomenting mutual hatred between the People of the Book (Old Testament). This is mankind at its very worst. Believe as me or die is a very broad threat.

If the threat of Islam is to convert or destroy anyone that refuses to believe what should the people that refuse do about this death threat? I am being serious. If this is true I, and any other free thinkers, have been assaulted with deadly force even if the battery has not yet occurred. What is the proper response to this assault? What do any of you, Right or Left, suggest we do?

Old 02-17-2011, 09:58 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,491 times
long story...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies