Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 09:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
Probably two main reasons
1. Arabs think that Palestinians were unjustly driven out of their homeland
2. It helps the civilians focused on something besides the low standards of living and lack of democracy at home.

Ok, I'm aware of the arguement about the establishment of the state of Israel by the UN following WWII. However, why doesn't any Arab Mediterrainean country step forward, or a group of them, and donate land within an already Islamic state for the Palestinians?

I found this genetic reseach interesting:

http://kinoko.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~durai...opulations.pdf

Quote:
Both Jews and Palestinians share a very similar HLA genetic pool (Table 3, Figures 4, 5 and 6) that support acommon ancient Canaanite origin. Therefore, the origin of the long-lasting Jewish-Palestinian hostility is the fight for land in ancient times. Religious and cultural have enhanced the conflict in the last centuries, together with the massive European, American, Asian and African Jews settlements in the area, which has also caused a massive displacement of Palestinians and wars. A difficult problem has now been created between two communities that are close genetic relatives.
The article goes on to discuss the origin of ancient Palestinans as possibly Crete.

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 02-11-2011 at 10:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 09:59 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
They want all non Muslims to die.
Technically...I believe they want everyone to convert to Islam or die as an infidel.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:02 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Purger
Every true muslim does, who doesn't want that, isn't a real muslim.
Well, I suppose there are a lot of muslim heretics out there.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:18 PM

866 posts, read 1,560,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Ok, I'm aware of the arguement about the establishment of the state of Israel by the UN following WWII. However, why doesn't any Arab Mediterrainean country step forward, or a group of them, and donate land within an already Islamic state for the Palestinians?

I found this genetic reseach interesting:

http://kinoko.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~durai...opulations.pdf

The article goes on to discuss the origin of ancient Palestinans as possibly Crete.
I didn't say that I agree with them (and I don't) but that is there way of thinking, according to cousin who lived in Egypt.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:24 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Here is another good read on the matter.

A rare history lesson: The truth about Israel and Palestine

Old 02-11-2011, 10:28 PM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
Every true muslim does, who doesn't want that, isn't a real muslim.
That has to be one of the finest specimens of the No True Scotsman fallacy I've ever seen in the wild.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Here is another good read on the matter.

A rare history lesson: The truth about Israel and Palestine
Not to hijack my own thread but this exerpt, and Obama's known anti-colonialism ideology, may explain his approach to Egypt.

Quote:
After defeating the Ottomans in World War One, the Middle East found itself under the domain of Great Britain.

Even though the Middle East became a prize of the British Empire, England had neither the desire nor ability to run that region of the world forever. For this reason, they began working to create a series of new states in which the Arabs (who had helped them defeat the Ottoman Empire) could administer their own affairs. Although the term “Arabia” was already a general description for a large part of this area, many of the Middle East countries we know of today did not officially become independent nations until the British occupation and subsequent withdrawal from this turbulent region of the world.
All that stands in the way of the Arab states re-uniting into one empire again are Israel, Iraq, and Kuwait. Turkey has already made the ideological turn from a secular state to an Islamic one and it is quite possible that Egypt could do the same given recent events.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
I didn't say that I agree with them (and I don't) but that is there way of thinking, according to cousin who lived in Egypt.
No, it is a prevalent arguement. I recall it being a point of contention during "mock United Nation trials" when I was in middle school in the '70s. It remains so today.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Here is a good story that may point to a change of opinion in the ME.

(http://arabnews.com/opinion/article253715.ece - broken link)An Israeli conspiracy that never existed (http://arabnews.com/opinion/article253715.ece - broken link)

I was quite surprised to read it but somewhat encouraged by it.
TG that is an outstanding piece especially after I read this one this evening. The man mentioned Friedman who is, as I see him, one of the worst of the left leaning writers at the New York Times. This one does read very good but how do we convince the Muslim Brotherhood of any of it?

Here is Freidman's latest attempt.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/op...R_AP_LO_MST_FB

Old 02-11-2011, 10:40 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Isn't there enough room for the followers of Islam in the Arab countries? Why is the total destruction of Israel necessary when Muslims well out number Christians in the Middle East? Is the destruction of the heart of Christianity in Israel the only way that Muslims can be secure in their religion?

Please stay on topic without anti-semetic/Zionist comments. Let's keep this discussion civil please.
I think you'd have to look at the history of the area Pre
1940's. They feel much of their land was bought unfairly and on the sly or simply invaded by those now occupying Israel. On the surface you may think it is religion, but with old world countries - it always boils down to land.

Islam/Muslims need neither Christianity or Judaism to be secure in their religion. It definitely has no connect like Christianity prophecy has with Judaism. And I believe
that's what your evading to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies