Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 11:01 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarySedici View Post
Evidently reading between the lines it is not your forte ) Your interpretation of my statements just made me smile.
I would correct you in only one of your missinterpretations: we worship ONE GOD in different ways.
All religions have Pagan rituals; indeed, in a way, we are all Pagans. Like it or not, this is the reality.
Do you celbrate New Years Eve? Oh, too bad. It is a Pagan celebration )
For your information, and for Jews, and Christians, and everyobdy else. The Bibile "was inspired" (to put it nicely) by Summerian Scripts. The Arabs inspired themself by Summerian and Jews, and so on, and so on. Everybody had an inspiration. What do you think, 5,000 year ago, how many people were able to read and write? At least, we know that Summerians were a great civilization. However, 2000 year ago, we are talking about some peasants, who did not know a thing about Universe, science, eclipses, vulcanoes, etc, etc. So, why would one believe adverbum what the Bible says? Some of info is taken from ancient Summerian scripts, some or just made up by incult and uneducated people. During history, in the name of Christinity, churches manipulated politics, and killes as many as WWII perhaps. Look up Inquisition. Actually, the whole history was run by Religion. This is what makes me so skeptikal. This goes for Muslim religion as well. Most of the arabs can't read their own language. This is why they need their priest, to interpret the Quaran for them. So, poor Script is a the latitude of an interpreter. Good luck with all religions. They are all alike.
With all due respect, while religions hold many similarities they are not all alike. This discussion is not an arguement of religion and superiority/inferiority but examening the the situation that seems to be at the center of strife in the Middle Eastern violence.

It is impossible to extricate religion from the discussion but it goes further than that, or at least, it should.

If the violence in the Middle east between Islamic Arabs and Jews in Israel is to be solved it must rise above Islamic peoples feeling that their religion is threatented, or not fulfilled in some way, if a relatively small minority of people within the Middle East choose a religion other than Islam.

Is the destruction of Judeo-Christian Jeruselam and Bethlehem really necessary for Islam? Are they unable/unwilling to co-exist with a minority population in Israel and small Christian enclaves throughout the Arab states in order to bring peace to the Gaza stip and the Arab/Israeli portion of the mediterranean? Truly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 11:20 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
These are neanderthals with a dangerous playbook, who somehow have survived into the 21st century. Their entrenched core belief is not going to change, especially when they are willing to die to carry out allah's plan, and take everyone with them. There is no allowance for reformation, and to think there are a majority of "moderate" muslims is foolish in the extreme. The silent ones are merely waiting for the "call". I do think there are educated ex-muslims who have washed their hands of this cult. But they have to watch their backs. I fear when Egypt goes to the radicals, the dominoes will fall quickly. Hopefully, we will be ready. But won't hold my breath on it.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:42 AM

154 posts, read 216,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

Is the destruction of Judeo-Christian Jeruselam and Bethlehem really necessary for Islam?
The wholesale destruction of Jerusalem with Muslim hands would never occur. The famous acronym MAD or Mutually Assured Destruction would be applicable in that situation. Besides, why would Muslims destroy their own Masjid Al-Aqsa and Dome of the Rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
These are neanderthals with a dangerous playbook, who somehow have survived into the 21st century. Their entrenched core belief is not going to change, especially when they are willing to die to carry out allah's plan, and take everyone with them. There is no allowance for reformation, and to think there are a majority of "moderate" muslims is foolish in the extreme. The silent ones are merely waiting for the "call". I do think there are educated ex-muslims who have washed their hands of this cult. But they have to watch their backs. I fear when Egypt goes to the radicals, the dominoes will fall quickly. Hopefully, we will be ready. But won't hold my breath on it.

Wow. You seriously need to stop watching Faux News. Just wow...

Old 02-12-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarySedici View Post
Actually, the whole history was run by Religion. This is what makes me so skeptikal.
You know, I just got done reading the first chapter of "Social Justice in Islam" by Qutb and he spoke of the two different systems that extensively ruled Europe side by side for ages - the nobility (monarchs) and the Church, the differences between the two, the similarities, the feuds, and how it all manifested. Very interesting stuff. If you can find an free online version of the book, you should really look into it.

Quote:
Most of the arabs can't read their own language.
Ya........................ arab's can't understand arabic.

Quote:
This is why they need their priest, to interpret the Quaran for them.
There is no priest class in Islam. Do your research.

Quote:
Good luck with all religions. They are all alike.
Thank you kindly!

Old 02-12-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
The wholesale destruction of Jerusalem with Muslim hands would never occur. The famous acronym MAD or Mutually Assured Destruction would be applicable in that situation. Besides, why would Muslims destroy their own Masjid Al-Aqsa and Dome of the Rock?

Wow. You seriously need to stop watching Faux News. Just wow...

LOL. FauxNews has little to do with reality.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:16 PM

421 posts, read 448,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The Jews were promised the land by the British in the Balfour Declaration in 1917 which conflicted with the promise they made to the Arabs in the McMahon-Hussein Correspondence (1915-1916). Then the UN in 1947 decided to establish Israel on part of the land (and an Arab-Palestinian state on another part). Israel was then attacked in 1948 and in other wars, Israel gained land. So your point is not really correct.
Arab Muslims use Israel to unify themselves in a common purpose rather than focus on their own problems.
Yes yes school-boy history, but you didn't disagree with me, the Arabs were promised the land, and did rather feel it was there's. They had a much better claim really (not many jews living there until 20th century) but legitimacy is a tricky thing.

After the USA supported the Israelis so much, and a few good wars for Israel, Israel just became the slightly unreasonable focus of legitimate anti-colonial feelings.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
LOL. FauxNews has little to do with reality.
Ironically enough so does your paranoia. What a coincidence!

Old 02-12-2011, 12:24 PM

421 posts, read 448,464 times
Quote:
I realize that this is a serious debate, and the reply could be quite complex, but lets be honest, your post is just a little bit silly isn't it.

I mean, you seem to think of religion as coming magically from nothing, and not changing. Religion is form from the society it is in, and changes with the society. Islam is thus a reaction too political circumstance not a cause of it. If you want to know why some Muslims dislike the
West, best look at that political circumstance.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattos_12 View Post
I realize that this is a serious debate, and the reply could be quite complex, but lets be honest, your post is just a little bit silly isn't it.

I mean, you seem to think of religion as coming magically from nothing, and not changing. Religion is form from the society it is in, and changes with the society. Islam is thus a reaction too political circumstance not a cause of it. If you want to know why some Muslims dislike the
West, best look at that political circumstance.

Have tried to grab onto a comment here, but no go. The post appears nonsensical with atrocious syntax, so as much as I would like, I cannot parlay.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:03 PM

499 posts, read 405,021 times
Arab-Israeli conflict

Islamism and Judaism

They've never really been best pals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies