Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:39 AM

103 posts, read 67,364 times

Advertisements

Would you still hate Obama if:

- Unemployment was below 5%
- We are completely out of Iraq and Afghanistan.
- The economy is booming

???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,511,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manmad View Post

- The economy is booming

???
I don't personally hate Obama. I hate what he is doing to our country. And even if our unemployment reate was below 5 and the economy was "booming" I would still disagree with his politics.

He is misguided. And I don't believe he is being honest. I think we deserve honesty at the minimum.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,312,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I don't personally hate Obama. I hate what he is doing to our country. And even if our unemployment reate was below 5 and the economy was "booming" I would still disagree with his politics.
He is misguided.
That's a good point. No sane person should hate him, since they don't know him, but it's fine to hate his actions and his choices.

I hate his passiveness and his eagerness to please people. Pisses me off whenever I hear him giving the crazy fringe nuts more attention then they deserve.

People can say what they want about bush, but he did what he wanted to do and he didn't apologize for it.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:47 AM

20,867 posts, read 23,399,041 times
Conservatives will always hate a Democrate President no matter how good the economy is.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:48 AM

20,948 posts, read 18,968,951 times
I don't hate the man.

I dislike his policies.

I dislike his foreign policy which alienates our friends and coddles our enemies.

I dislike his "it's all about me" attitude.

I dislike his big government policies.

I dislike his friends and past buddies.

None of the above things that he does will help America either economically or in our national security.

I can't wait until he's gone.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post

He is misguided. And I don't believe he is being honest. I think we deserve honesty at the minimum.
Well, what he's ***supposedly*** doing then.

Not hate the man, but what he'd supposedly doing to the country.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:51 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,300,345 times
Quote:

- The economy is booming

???
Then he probably would get re-elected. Since the above is not the case, he will not.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:53 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,511,443 times
Quote:
Well, what he's ***supposedly*** doing then.

Not hate the man, but what he'd supposedly doing to the country.
No. Not what he is "supposedly" doing to our country. What he is doing.

But why ask such a question? The economy is definitely not booming and the unemployment rate is not under 5%.
We can only judge him on his actions and his words and the results of his actions.

So really it's a moot point with the "what ifs."

Old 02-12-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Then he probably would get re-elected. Since the above is not the case, he will not.
my question begs a YES or NO answer

Old 02-12-2011, 10:54 AM

20,879 posts, read 19,336,057 times
The economic cycles run quite independently of whoever is in the White House. However, the President and Congress can create policies which are either helpful or harmful to the American business sector. So I try real hard not to let the economy, per se, affect my voting choices, but rather focus on what policies the politicians support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies