Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 03:11 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,521,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is why so many Christians are looked down upon. They will literally tell a person who is starving that they will pray for him and then they will go on their merry way thinking what good Christians they are.
Starving. Really? You know I have never met a person who was starving. But I can assure you I would give them a meal and help them out.

But really, where are all these, "so many Christians" seeing all these starving people at?
And if this is why you look down on Christians I would really appreciate a link to an example of Christians going on their merry way and letting starving people starve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 03:16 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,344,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Starving. Really? You know I have never met a person who was starving. But I can assure you I would give them a meal and help them out.

But really, where are all these, "so many Christians" seeing all these starving people at?
And if this is why you look down on Christians I would really appreciate a link to an example of Christians going on their merry way and letting starving people starve.
How many people on this forum alone has suggested the doing away with food stamps? Odds are most of them are Christian.

How many people have said they don't want to pay for unemployment insurance, which feeds people? How many have said that they don't think anyone needs welfare?

Old 02-13-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
How many people on this forum alone has suggested the doing away with food stamps? Odds are most of them are Christian.

How many people have said they don't want to pay for unemployment insurance, which feeds people? How many have said that they don't think anyone needs welfare?
Me! I did I did!

Old 02-13-2011, 03:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn2Vl_klC9w

Old 02-13-2011, 03:22 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,253,575 times
You know, you're not sent to jail if you don't help out a choking person (mostly because you stand the risk of being sued if you try and hurt them). Why should you be sent to jail if you don't "help out" a starving person (vis-a-vis taxpayer funds)?

Old 02-13-2011, 03:24 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,122,003 times
Quote:
Yes! And what a church it was. With that inflammatory bigot, Rev. Jeremiah Wright at the pulpit.
How is he a bigot? What racist things did he say?

Old 02-13-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How is he a bigot? What racist things did he say?
Google is your friend. But I will help you out with some gems of Rev. Jeremiah Wright quotes"

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.” (2003)“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.” (sermon
Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”
“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

Like I said an inflammatory bigot. But there is more if you care to research.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
Google is your friend. But I will help you out with some gems of Rev. Jeremiah Wright quotes"

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.” (2003)“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.” (sermon
Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”
“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

Like I said an inflammatory bigot. But there is more if you care to research.

America has a history of doing nasty things to black people.

Quote:
Investigators enrolled in the study 399 impoverished African-American sharecroppers from Macon County, Ala., infected with syphilis. For participating in the study, the men were given free medical exams, free meals and free burial insurance. They were never told they had syphilis, nor were they ever treated for it. According to the Centers for Disease Control, the men were told they were being treated for "bad blood," a local term used to describe several illnesses, including syphilis, anemia and fatigue.
Tuskegee syphilis experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-13-2011, 03:44 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
I feel he has been raised as a Muslim and says he is Christian since meeting and Marrying Michelle.
He hold no bounds to any religion

Old 02-13-2011, 03:46 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,518,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
...nor does he believe Obama is a moderate.

Bill Maher | Obama Not Christian Real Time | Mediaite

Wow!!! I never though I'd agree with Bill on anything!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies