Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 04:19 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
More "Family Values".

Man gets 8 years for attacking Obama supporter (http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/localnews/headlines/Man_gets_8_years_for_attacking_Obama_supporter.htm l - broken link)
Awesome! Lock this violent psychos up and let them do their time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 04:24 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Tell that to the union thugs who beat the conservative black man at a Town Hall meeting.
I don't believe that case has been decided in a court of law as of yet.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:30 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Congrats - you finally found ONE instance of a Tea Party protester (they're not "members," by the way - there's no central organization, but I've given up on trying to explain that to you guys) that got violent.

So what's the ratio now? One to twelve? Twenty? Fifty?

Despite what you guys try to claim, the evidence proves that people on the left are much more physically aggressive than those on the right. I know you won't admit it, but I also know that you know it's true.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:14 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
"Tea Party Member Gets 8 Years For Attack On Obama Supporter"

The Tea Partiers have their first martyr.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:23 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
So what's the Left's spin on why Gladney got beat up or the other guy got his finger bitten off?
The following is from an eye witness account of the finger biting incident.

Health Care Vigil in Thousand Oaks: Provocation to violent response

The man in the orange shirt hit the pro-reform guy (I’m going to call him PR Guy just to keep the players straight). Hard. (tweeted in real time) He punched him in the face, knocked him to the ground and into that thruway. As you can see from the photo, cars drive straight through that without stopping. The pro-reform guy could have been run over. He got up, tried to get back up on the curb, but Orange Shirt guy was in his face. Finger in his face, PR Guy standing, steps up to the curb, and there’s a scuffle. Orange shirt seemed to have PR Guy in a hold, but again, I was across the street, so won’t state that as absolute fact. Next thing I see is PR Guy’s hat being tossed into the street, both yelling at one another, then Orange shirt walks away, PR Guy picks up hat and crosses to our side.
When he gets to our side, he tells a story in one sentence: “He punched me hard, straight in the face, so I bit his finger off.â€

Was there ever any official finding in this case? Its hard to bite someone's finger off unless of course you've shoved it into their face.

As far as I'm aware although charged Elston McCowan has yet to be convicted of assaulting Kenneth Gladney.

The author of the following site has gone into quite some detail on the case. I would suggest that the facts of the case are not clear and many of the participates keep changing their stories.

St. Louis Activist Hub: Exclusive: X-Rays and Medical Reports Prove Kenneth Gladney Wrong

It will be interesting what the courts finally decide on this case.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:42 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Default Tea Party Member Gets 8 Years For Attack On Obama Supporter

What a creep. Hope he serves every minute of those 8 years. Of course, this one individual doesn't characterize all tea people.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
More "Family Values".

Man gets 8 years for attacking Obama supporter (http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/localnews/headlines/Man_gets_8_years_for_attacking_Obama_supporter.htm l - broken link)
Unacceptable and it would appear the sentence meets the crime.

Does the OP have also have outrage that those SEIU Obama supporters who attacked Kenneth Gladney have not been charged for their assault and the long term injuries suffered by Mr. Gladney?

Old 02-14-2011, 07:48 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Unacceptable and it would appear the sentence meets the crime.

Does the OP have also have outrage that those SEIU Obama supporters who attacked Kenneth Gladney have not been charged for their assault and the long term injuries suffered by Mr. Gladney?
Why is it that the GOP types here can NEVER and I mean NEVER say something is wrong without also pointing the finger back? They seem incapable of ever taking any responsibility for anything without trying to find fault elsewhere...I though being a republican was all about personal responsibility? Guess not huh?

Old 02-14-2011, 07:51 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,333,359 times
I wonder what the stats are for murderers and rapists broken down by Republican or Democrat.

Something tells me the Democrats win by a landslide.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:54 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Why is it that the GOP types here can NEVER and I mean NEVER say something is wrong without also pointing the finger back? They seem incapable of ever taking any responsibility for anything without trying to find fault elsewhere...I though being a republican was all about personal responsibility? Guess not huh?
Problem with reading comprehension or did you intentionally completely disregard my first sentence?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies