Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:33 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Like smokers, fat people raise premiums and cause a drain on the HC system with their issues. Obese people usually have tons of chronic but preventable health issues that could have been prevented by simply putting down the fork and getting up and getting some exercise.

I know I sound harsh but obesity is almost always preventable. Why wouldn't you want to take care of your body? It is the only one you are going to get!

Good post.

And that's the key word.........PREVENTABLE.

Here's a thought:

Why not.......

Stop guzzling sodas, stuffing yourselves full of hydrogenated and saturated fats, eating five times as much as you need, driving little fat person carts around the supermarket instead of W-A-L-K-I-N-G - and instead, start getting some exercise and eating food that's actually GOOD for you.

And, while I'm at it, stop demanding handicapped badges because you're obese. If you walked a bit further you might lose some weight. Just a thought.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 08:24 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,981 times
I don't give a rat's a$$ how fat you get as long as I'm not paying for it.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I don't give a rat's a$$ how fat you get as long as I'm not paying for it.
Unfortunately we all pay for the health consequences of obesity whether we like it or not.

The obese and their obesity related health problems are a burden on the total healthcare system whether you're paying for insurance or not - there's a money burden, and a resources burden - on time, on availability of medical staff, on equipment......

Smokers and problem drinkers are a burden too - but they are taxed on their choices.

The "obese by choice" use the resources but are doing nothing to lessen the burden.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:44 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,725,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highhat View Post
Fat people are a BURDEN on the heathcare system.

When you fatsos eat too much and do not excercise that selfish attitude hurts you and all of us.

So put down the doritos, turn off the tube, get off the couch and work up a sweat. You will feel better and you will function better in society.

Being fat is avoidable.
Feel better? I would just feel TIRED!!

Old 02-14-2011, 08:46 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,725,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'm calling this one a troll. 1 post. User name: FatAmerican? Come on. This is like the worst stereotype the rest of the world has of us. "It's my right to be fat!"

If it's not a troll, well then just look at the extra cost we all pay into the health care system to take care of obesity and how it's crippling our entire system. Whether we use Obama's mostly Republican-designed health care system or the old system, it's still collectivist. No one's just paying for their own care if they have insurance.

The same rationalization can be said to women who allow mentally or physically challenged children to be born.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You're only going to see more of this, when 2 obese people have children they are more than likely to be genetically prone to obesity.

Then add in an unhealthy lifestyle (little or no exercise) AND a poor enviorment (bad diet).

And we are seeing this pattern already as a generational thing.

I do agere with you that it's setting a bad example for their kids, but you have to realize that people that don't care about themselves usually don't care about others either.

It's one thing to be middle aged and Obese but seeing Grade School children that are struggling to walk is really sad.

I do agree with you, but have problems i will tell you why. Woudln't you think that 2 obese parents, want what is best for their child. A child that they love. Wouldn't it make sense for the Parents to not have happen to their child what has happened to them. My gosh it only takes common sense. You don't stuff a obese child with greasy french fries, 2 hamburgers, shake, ice cream, heaven only knows why.

I don't understand, people do know what is good and bad to eat. I eat sweets, but i also eat healthy, making most all our meals homemade and fresh. If a parent is fat, why would you do the same thing to your child, putting your child at risk for medical conditions, being on medication, and growing up most likely to be overweight. When i see a obese child stuffing their faces, and the parents allowing this to happen, i just want to strangle the parents, but not my business.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
That's funny! But, Obozo's hulking, beastly, amazon-sized wife Mooochelle has a whole lot of company with her black sistas. Black women comprise the most overweight (OBESE or downright blubber belly, huge legs and giant hips FAT) segment of the U.S. population.
She's only 5'11.... I'm nearly 6'1. We weigh about the same and I'm a loose size 11, well within the healthy range for my height.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-14-2011 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
She's only 5'11.... I'm nearly 6'1. We weigh about the same and I'm a loose size 11, well within the healthy range for my height.
She is taller than P. Obama . She is over 6 foot . If she is under 200lbs I am a flying dog . She is big .

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-14-2011 at 04:03 PM..

Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
Obamacare is null and void until and unless the Holder Justice Dept. is able to successfully appeal it.

Obesity discrimination is as bad as playground bullies. There are many factors which include the preservatives, artifically sweeteners and genetically modified food products our government has mainstreamed into the food supply.

I'd suggest that rather than being hateful towards the obese people educated themselves on what is really in your food and help those family members who have problems.

Fact is, not all obese individuals are a burden on the healthcare system. Some are healther than their skinny counterparts. There are simply more factors at play.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
I have to ander s times about cost to society. Fat people are uch mnore lkely to die of a sudeen heat attack etc when yonger. often the real cost i healthcare comes with poeple that like to very od age;which most overweight do not.I am 63 and have seen alot of overwight and people I knew who did frugs that dies itheir 50's suddenly.Go to a nursing home and few I see are overweight and mosy are on medicaid to pay the bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies