Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
Unfortunately we all pay for the health consequences of obesity whether we like it or not.

The obese and their obesity related health problems are a burden on the total healthcare system whether you're paying for insurance or not - there's a money burden, and a resources burden - on time, on availability of medical staff, on equipment......

Smokers and problem drinkers are a burden too - but they are taxed on their choices.

The "obese by choice" use the resources but are doing nothing to lessen the burden.
As long as they're pulling their own weight, I don't care. Unfortunately it seems the fat tend to be poor and on some sort of taxpayer funded handout. There are exceptions of course but the rule is those on welfare are usually humongous. If they were just fatties that could afford to be fat, the law of supply and demand would adjust accordingly but because they're not pulling their own, they become a burden.
I've also noticed many seem to have some sort of physiological disorder that somehow defies thermodynamics and miraculously allows them to create more stored calories than they take in... unfortunately the disorder has an exponentially opposite effect on money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 01:03 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,089 times
Some fat people have medical conditions and its sad when they are ridiculed.

However, many fat Americans, very young, middle aged and old alike, are fat because they have disgusting diets and make poor food choices. Because they are lazy and eat crap all day and consider exercise to be walking to their car to drive to the mall. They look fat, they are fat and its sometimes disgusting.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:09 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I heard that the Republicans will give a free 5 pound barrel of Crisco to everyone who votes against Obama.
Most of the liberals I know back in CA that voted for Obama cook with Oleo and have butts as big as Oregon. They are sooo confused as to why the administration want to take away their Twinkies. LOL Personally, I don't care how much someone weighs or if they smoke too many Kools a day as long as I don't have to subsidize your health insurance.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
She is taller than P. Obama . She is over 6 foot . If she is under 200lbs I am a flying dog . She is big .
So? What's wrong with tall women? And she isn't that big Not all women are going to be 5'5 and 120 lbs. We come in all shapes and sizes.

And yes, she is probably under 200 lbs. At my heaviest a few years back I was 220 lbs and still wore a women's size 14. People pegged me at around 160 lbs, which was flattering to say the least... even my Doctor was surprised at my weight.

People carry their weight differently and I think she looks pretty damn good for a woman her age that has 2 children.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:21 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Some fat people have medical conditions and its sad when they are ridiculed.

However, many fat Americans, very young, middle aged and old alike, are fat because they have disgusting diets and make poor food choices. Because they are lazy and eat crap all day and consider exercise to be walking to their car to drive to the mall. They look fat, they are fat and its sometimes disgusting.

No doubt. However, do you ever look at the FDA's and Dept. of Ag. policies on our food and the crap they are allowing to appease the likes of Monsanto and others? If we are what we eat then why is the FDA and Dept. of Ag. promoting the grown and production of what paramounts to poison in our food (and water)?

Old 02-14-2011, 01:53 PM

425 posts, read 653,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAmerican View Post
What's so bad about being fat? It's my right to be fat, and I'm sick of the goddamned government getting involved in my business. Big government needs to back the hell off and stop treating fat people like some kind of of second-class citizens. It's my right to be a fat American, and they should not discriminate against me any more than they do against black people and the Jews.

Anyone else agree with me?
It's your right to abuse your body, fatty, but it's not your right to pass the costs of your poor choices onto everyone else's health insurance. You wanna be fat? Pay higher premiums.

It's also not your right for your disgusting flabby body to intrude on the space of other airline travellers. You wanna be fat? Pay for two airline seats.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Don't worry. It's only a matter of time before the government starts weighing kids and checking their body mass index of publik school kids. They think your kid is "fat"? You get charged with abuse, the kid gets taken by the state, you get re-educated, etc.......

Think it won't happen? LOLs The feds will have to control costs somehow. Get rid of these fat people. And a legislator in Massachusetts (where they have government run health "care") already proposed just such a plan.
We have a wonderful health care system in Massachusetts. It was set up by Mitt Romney when he was governor.

I don't think anything about child abuse because your kid is overweight would ever pass. That's just stupid. I do feel bad for those fat kids though who are eating unhealthy foods because that's what their parents give them. They'll probably grow up to be fat adults.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:53 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We have a wonderful health care system in Massachusetts. It was set up by Mitt Romney when he was governor.

I don't think anything about child abuse because your kid is overweight would ever pass. That's just stupid. I do feel bad for those fat kids though who are eating unhealthy foods because that's what their parents give them. They'll probably grow up to be fat adults.
You realize your Romneycare is broke, right?

Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
When I see something like this on YouTube it actually makes sense that plus sized hippos are ridiculed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Ilpm5n4iU

Old 02-14-2011, 11:08 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,333,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
it actually makes sense that plus sized hippos are ridiculed
Wow, you sure are a sensitive loving gay person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies