Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2011, 11:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The Americans that I know are. And, IMO those Iranian monkey leaders all f'ers are evil...without a doubt....hang out with some soldiers if you want to be around Americans courageous and strong.
Not necessarily.
Lots of soldiers and other military members wear little kid pants.
Military members and vets are not super heroes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 11:16 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, another scholar. Of course showing support for the protesters mean something. I guess you forgot the lesson of one week ago.

Some in Egypt angry at lack of U.S. support | The Columbus Dispatch

Here's a little taste.

"Cairo resident Said Samir, 26, was among those inspired by Obama's words. But yesterday, Samir was questioning the president's sincerity in a situation in which the public is fed up with a man it sees as an autocratic ally of America.
"If America really cares about democracy, why aren't they behind us?" asked Samir, who spent Sunday night in Tahrir Square with hundreds of other protesters. "The U.S. went to Iraq and Afghanistan because they said they wanted to bring democracy, but their policies are unfair. If America keeps backing this regime and not the revolution, the people in Egypt will be very angry.""
And your point would be?

Try getting a clue, Egypt IS NOT Iran

Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And your point would be?

Try getting a clue, Egypt IS NOT Iran
Try keeping up. I was responding to the poster who said Iran would tell us to drop dead if we called for free and fair elections. I pointed out that what they say is irrelevent.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I actually never even mentioned about how efective it may or may not be.

All I have said is the very LEAST he could do THIS TIME AROUND is show some support for the protester's cried for Democracy.

The last time this happened in Iran, he was strangely hush-hush about supporting Democratic change in Iran. He only decried the violence, yet kept hum on any words of encouragement.

Doesn't that bother you AT ALL???
I'll ask again?

Just HOW do you expect him to show support?

Lip service on FaceBook?

Egypt fell because of the people inside, Iran will bve no different.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Try keeping up. I was responding to the poster who said Iran would tell us to drop dead if we called for free and fair elections. I pointed out that what they say is irrelevent.
And I was responding to the fact you have yet to offer any practical ideas, only that we exert some mythical 'moral authority', I'm still waiting to hear just how one exerts an imaginary force? Try keeping up!

Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I actually never even mentioned about how efective it may or may not be.

All I have said is the very LEAST he could do THIS TIME AROUND is show some support for the protester's cried for Democracy.

The last time this happened in Iran, he was strangely hush-hush about supporting Democratic change in Iran. He only decried the violence, yet kept hum on any words of encouragement.

Doesn't that bother you AT ALL???
AND THEN the protesters get labeled by the Iranian government as being backed by the Americans, and they become enemies of the nation of Iran. Do you get that? Do you understand that sometimes opening your mouth is a DUMB MOVE and it can hurt more than it helps?

Old 02-14-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
AND THEN the protesters get labeled by the Iranian government as being backed by the Americans, and they become enemies of the nation of Iran. Do you get that? Do you understand that sometimes opening your mouth is a DUMB MOVE and it can hurt more than it helps?
When priority one is bashing Obama there's no concern for the consequences that may affect others.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And I was responding to the fact you have yet to offer any practical ideas, only that we exert some mythical 'moral authority', I'm still waiting to hear just how one exerts an imaginary force? Try keeping up!

My, my, my. Do you imagine that the US has only one option (military) when trying to shape world events? I would exhort you to keep up, but clearly you can't..........

Old 02-14-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:

Yes Mubarak tried the same thing, and as I pointed out to you, it didn't end well for him. The left really needs to get off the ground, out of the fetal position and stop living in fear. Words won't hurt, and could very possibly help.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:27 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,181 times
Quote:

....and your real world example of that is what?

Is that what happened in Egypt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies