Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:20 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times

Advertisements

Ron Paul wins the straw poll and every news stations treats Ron Paul like he is another fringe candidate. Ron Paul is the guy in 2008 who told you about the destruction of the housing bubble way before it happened. Told you about the issues of a federal reserve system and empire building government and debit. This is the person who has been on fox news more then ever after the elections since 2008 telling you like it is on Washington and its spending. His supporters are the tea party and like it or not aren't going away and have been doing this long before Palin was even on the radar.
The GOP doesn't have an identity problem it has those who know the truth and those who like to live in fantasy.
While some would say its fantasy to support the ideas of free markets, a strong US dollar, low taxes, removing the income tax, bringing our troops home cutting government on all levels.
It appears the real fantasy are those who think we can have a empire and be 14 trillion in debit. It appears the real fantasy are those who have ignored the constitution and think our freedoms will remain in place if we just spend more money on every other nation and expand government.
Big government conservatives have 2 problems.
1. They think independents don't matter.
2. Liberty is no longer a worth idea to preserve.

Big government is DONE!!! If you call Ron Paul a long shot you must not be listening to AMERICA!
Liberty is still the only thing left that can save this country from the brink of collapse and chaos.
The government has only one job and that is to protect the individual liberties of every citizen of this nation. I have come to realize some republicans are so stubborn and so addicted to the patriotism of American dominance and control of others they have lost what it means to be free.
Liberty is spending in the minds of men and even if you win the election you will lose your country if you don't stop the endless spending it will come to an end no matter what if you don't reverse course.
End the military spending on all other nations, and bring the troops home to DEFEND OUR NATION and free the social and economic liberty needed to make America great again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 09:26 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Wish he was younger, but thank GOD his son is now in the Senate.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Remember, this is the same media that fawned and continues to fawn over the current incompetent in the White House.
Ron Paul's agenda is a direct affront to their own bias.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:32 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times
thanks for posting this...i agree on all accounts.

i also don't see his age as a problem...not one bit. correct me if i'm wrong, but he seems healthy as ever, and his mind seems to be firing on all cylinders...if anything, his age should get everyone to "$h!t or get off the pot" before his age/health does become a problem!!

Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Wish he was younger, but thank GOD his son is now in the Senate.

Well here is how you solve that...
Paul/Paul :-)

Old 02-14-2011, 10:27 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
I'm not a Ron Paul supporter but I do endorse some of his ideas. I listened to his speech at CPAC. It was well-received. What I appreciate is that the conservative movement does not consider him a fringe candidate (if he is a candidate). His analysis of contemporary problems is gnerally mainstream conservatism. His ideas will receive a full airing--which is what should happen in a democracy--and even if he doesn't win the presidential nomination the intense support he has may move the eventual nominee into a more generally conservative posture.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:35 PM

910 posts, read 1,676,750 times
One thing that worries me about his "electability" is that his popularity with college age people (myself included) will not transfer to a national scale. I still see a lot of people who think Palin is a shining star of conservatism and freedom and that Paul is nuts

Old 02-14-2011, 12:37 PM

76 posts, read 45,200 times
Can we dare believe that Americans would vote for the most rational candidate and not the most marketed?

Old 02-14-2011, 12:49 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highhat View Post
Can we dare believe that Americans would vote for the most rational candidate and not the most marketed?
Nope. Not one hair on my body believes that. The irony is that if Ron Paul were to be elected it would be irrelevant since it would mean enough people believe in the principles of liberty for the country to be free no matter who is the president

Old 02-14-2011, 12:53 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
As much as it bothers me ending a substantial amount of our spending on procuring military equipment and marerial would pretty much destroy what is left of our economy. Losing the remains of decent paying industrial employment would be a disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies