Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:21 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
As a good old retired US Army American it's enlightening to see young college students seeing the light and attempting to lead the charge in the name of free democracy here in the USA.
This is one thing we can thank Obama for. He can even consider it part of his legacy if he wants.

That generation will never be right wing as a majority. They do have a chance at becoming the promoters of liberty but a lot of things point to them becoming pretty strong authoritarians.

The Millennials will never support a conservative party that champions social controls and appears to (fairly or not) be anti-minority. The demographics are just not there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 07:30 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Thats OK you'll still be considered a racist by the small minded who really have no other creative defense.
You got that straight. If Obama is the best candidate in the next election, I'll vote for him again regardless.
I laugh at these people that use the race card as fast as they can because that's all they know. I really laugh at the ones that claim Obama has "saved countless US lives and pulled us out of that hellhole called Iraq."
I'm curious how many of those yo yo's have even been in iraq recently.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:50 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Default "Intellectuals" ... They just ain't what they used to be ! ARRRRRRRGH !

Quote:
As a good old retired US Army American it's enlightening to see young college students seeing the light and attempting to lead the charge in the name of free democracy here in the USA.
This is one thing we can thank Obama for. He can even consider it part of his legacy if he wants.
GradyBaaBaa !!! ... On The Money !

Bloody great to learn of another ole Army Vet on CDF. Good Show Grady !

Quite ... The blighter that inhabits the "Ole Yankee WH" is doing an absolutely smashing job in this respect, what ?

Thanks HO ... Good onya mate !!!

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
I thought those college students were the people who put Obama into office?
well you know the ole saying, fool me once

Old 02-14-2011, 08:48 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
GradyBaaBaa !!! ... On The Money !

Bloody great to learn of another ole Army Vet on CDF. Good Show Grady !

Quite ... The blighter that inhabits the "Ole Yankee WH" is doing an absolutely smashing job in this respect, what ?

Thanks HO ... Good onya mate !!!

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar
Didn't I bump into you in Kuwait back in '03 just before the Iraq invasion?

I remember a SGT Lamar with a nasty attitude and lots of advice for everybody

Old 02-14-2011, 08:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Most of the college students from the south are going to be right-wing Protestant Jesus lovers. That's plain as day.

Quote:

Old 02-15-2011, 07:52 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Noone knows who will win in 2012 let alone 2016.
Noone knows how todays college kids will vote overall in their lifetimes. Remember in 2008 part of Obamamania was simple groupthink cheerleading. It was "cool" to vote for Obama.
All of this prognostication is randomly true (or not)

Old 02-15-2011, 09:25 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Noone knows who will win in 2012 let alone 2016.
Noone knows how todays college kids will vote overall in their lifetimes. Remember in 2008 part of Obamamania was simple groupthink cheerleading. It was "cool" to vote for Obama.
All of this prognostication is randomly true (or not)
Like I said before, the more Ron Paul is exposed to the masses, the more college students like him. People like Ron Paul are the future of the GOP, much to the neo-cons disdain, and they know that, which is why they marignalize him and any other Libertarian at any moment's opportunity. The college students today are mostly going to go in 2 directions. The minority students will most likely become Democrats because of social conditioning, and the white students are likely going to be split down between Democrats and Libertarians but I think in the end, Libertarianism will work out, and middle class minorities will start to vote for Libertarian GOP candidates, IMO.

If the GOP wants to remain relevant in the coming decades, they need to start embracing Libertarianism and throw off the old glove of crony capitalism and neo-conservatism

Old 02-15-2011, 09:30 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Why does it matter that college students like Ron Paul?
You think Ron Paul can save the system? Or is he just catering to what some people want to hear?
Let's not forget the importance of Nader and Kucinich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Like I said before, the more Ron Paul is exposed to the masses, the more college students like him. People like Ron Paul are the future of the GOP, much to the neo-cons disdain, and they know that, which is why they marignalize him and any other Libertarian at any moment's opportunity. The college students today are mostly going to go in 2 directions. The minority students will most likely become Democrats because of social conditioning, and the white students are likely going to be split down between Democrats and Libertarians but I think in the end, Libertarianism will work out, and middle class minorities will start to vote for Libertarian GOP candidates, IMO.

If the GOP wants to remain relevant in the coming decades, they need to start embracing Libertarianism and throw off the old glove of crony capitalism and neo-conservatism

Old 02-15-2011, 09:32 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Most of the college students from the south are going to be right-wing Protestant Jesus lovers. That's plain as day.
No, not really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies