Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:22 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Where did I say you were stupid, or disagree with you?
What are you reading into what I wrote?
You want to feel personally attacked, knock yourself out.
When I personally attack, you'll know it.

Are you saying that we don't reduce everything on the internet into soundbytes or simplistic terms?
Are you saying that greed and fear aren't the basis of our problems?

I am seriously clueless about your comment.
This didn't sound like a positive to me, "dispel some stupid comments here", maybe I misunderstood but it sounds like you are saying my comments are stupid.

I do agree, issues are all reduced to politics today. I think greed and fear plays a role but the basis is we have and elite that feels they know what is best for the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 10:22 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Gee! You mean it's not really thinly veiled anti-semitism?
H E double toothpicks NO

That nonsense started and died like 8 years ago, or so I thought. Because some of the Neoconservative leadership happened to be Jewish, this "thinly veiled antisemitism" charged was born to deflect criticism for their disastrous foreign policy that we have witnessed in the past two decades.

They conveniently leave out half their membership to make such a ludicrous claim. Whats next, the term Liberal being used to describe thinly veiled antisemitism?

Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
H E double toothpicks NO

That nonsense started and died like 8 years ago, or so I thought. Because some of the Neoconservative leadership happened to be Jewish, this "thinly veiled antisemitism" charged was born to deflect criticism for their disastrous foreign policy that we have witnessed in the past two decades.

They conveniently leave out half their membership to make such a ludicrous claim. Whats next, the term Liberal being used to describe thinly veiled antisemitism?
I know, the "we're the victims" mentality gets very tiring.

I'd have to guess the standards that make the term NeoCon anti-semitic in some people's vivid imaginations must also make the criminality of Ponzi schemes a massive anti-Italian conspiracy.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
For those of you who believe there is no connection between the term and anti semitism, here is something for your reading pleasure.

'Neocon': Slang for 'Jew'? - Page 1 - Joel Mowbray - Townhall Conservative

The Neocons’ War by Justin Raimondo -- Antiwar.com

Old 02-15-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
For those of you who believe there is no connection between the term and anti semitism, here is something for your reading pleasure.

Haven't we had enough of the "anti-semite!" BS?

It's long overdue for people to realize that if a Jew does something stupid and he's told it was stupid, it's not because he's a Jew but because he did something stupid.

If nothing else you've proven there's no shortage of fodder for the tin-foil hat crowd.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:24 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:

One man writing in response to one other mans assertions, who he then goes on to say:

Quote:
Why did Mr. Dunham not list fellow ideological travelers such as Gary Schmitt, Max Boot or even Newt Gingrich? None is Jewish.

Ironically, nowhere in the article does one find "Jew:" or "Jewish," although Mr. Dunham did manage to cite unnamed critics who have called the neocons a "Zionist cabal." But that's par for the code-word course
Perhaps Mr. Dunham does use the term neocon to mean Jew, but as is pointed out in his very words, there are many Neoconservatives who are not Jewish. This piece seems to be critical of this one mans opinions, as it should be, but that is hardly evidence that neocon is code for Jew.

Quote:
“… They charge us with anti-Semitism – i.e., a hatred of Jews for their faith, heritage, or ancestry. False. The truth is, those hurling these charges harbor a ‘passionate attachment’ to a nation not our own that causes them to subordinate the interests of their own country and to act on an assumption that, somehow, what’s good for Israel is good for America.”
They cited the following criticisms because these key policy officials were also working with the Israeli government.

Quote:
He cited “A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm,” a 1996 policy paper co-authored by Richard Perle (up until recently, head of the Pentagon’s Policy Advisory Board), Douglas Feith (today Undersecretary of Defense for Policy), and David Wurmser (Vice President Dick Cheney’s top Middle East policy advisor). The realm in question is Israel, and the report was presented to then-Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
In this paper, "A Clean Break" the paper argued that Israel had no choice but to break out of its old policy of containing the threat to its security and go on the offensive: delivering a knockout blow to Iraq was deemed imperative in order to secure a stranglehold over Syria, which is depicted as the main danger to the Jewish state.

Since these people were the very people who had George Bush's ear all day, every day, this group of Neoconservatives had a great deal of influence over US foreign policy, but among them were of course all those other non-Jewish Neoconservatives, which get left out because it doesn't support this notion.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
One man writing in response to one other mans assertions, who he then goes on to say:

Perhaps Mr. Dunham does use the term neocon to mean Jew, but as is pointed out in his very words, there are many Neoconservatives who are not Jewish. This piece seems to be critical of this one mans opinions, as it should be, but that is hardly evidence that neocon is code for Jew.

They cited the following criticisms because these key policy officials were also working with the Israeli government.

In this paper, "A Clean Break" the paper argued that Israel had no choice but to break out of its old policy of containing the threat to its security and go on the offensive: delivering a knockout blow to Iraq was deemed imperative in order to secure a stranglehold over Syria, which is depicted as the main danger to the Jewish state.

Since these people were the very people who had George Bush's ear all day, every day, this group of Neoconservatives had a great deal of influence over US foreign policy, but among them were of course all those other non-Jewish Neoconservatives, which get left out because it doesn't support this notion.

Wow, you mean an anti semite denied being an anti semite?

I think this little tidbit tells you all you need to know.

"Buchanan named names, tracing the development of the “what’s good for Israel is good for America” doctrine to the influential sect known as neoconservatives: ex-leftists who defected from the Democratic party in the 1960s and 1970s over the Vietnam War, and wormed their way into top GOP policymaking circles, eventually winding up in charge of George W. Bush’s foreign policy."

Old 02-15-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Wow, you mean an anti semite denied being an anti semite?

I think this little tidbit tells you all you need to know.

"Buchanan named names, tracing the development of the “what’s good for Israel is good for America” doctrine to the influential sect known as neoconservatives: ex-leftists who defected from the Democratic party in the 1960s and 1970s over the Vietnam War, and wormed their way into top GOP policymaking circles, eventually winding up in charge of George W. Bush’s foreign policy."
What is the code word for those claiming victimhood where none exists?

Old 02-15-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What is the code word for those claiming victimhood where none exists?
Liberal

Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Yep Herman Cain was right about liberals indeed, They S.I.N.

S-hift the topic
I-gnore the facts
N-ame call

Deflection is one very solid method that Alinsky taught his liberal community organizers and that they are conditioned to believe the government.

Barry Soetoro (a.k.a. Barack Hussein Obama) believes that he is superior to most of the rest of us and he is entitled to impose his will on us by any means necessary.
I'm dying laughing, here. This post is a perfect example of S-I-N. I can only think unintended irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies