Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 03:21 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,963,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
My point was that if you're going to throw Hilary Clinton in the mix (because I know the far right just LOVES her) and use her as a justification for hanging on to the birther thing,

Where has ANYONE used the FACT that Hillary Clinton "came up with" the birther idea as justification for ANYTHING?

You can't wrap your head around the tiny fact that the OP accused the GOP of "coming up with" it and he was dead wrong???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 03:21 PM

16 posts, read 28,126 times
any sane person knows obama was born in the us. plenty of things to go after him on politically, instead they focus on stupid crap like this.

stupid stuff like this just hurts the gop, drives away the moderates to become independents and paints the gop as the far right.

what is mitt romney going to do at the iowa caucuses (where half the gop thinks obama is a muslim,). An idiot asks him on his views regarding obama's religion, he's on national tv, lights and cameras on him, what is he going to say?

If he says Obama is a muslim, he'll be the laughing stock of the nation. If he says Obama isn't a muslim, he'll lose the primary.

thats what happens when you are dealing with radicals like this.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:23 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,170,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr03 View Post
any sane person knows obama was born in the us. plenty of things to go after him on politically, instead they focus on stupid crap like this.

stupid stuff like this just hurts the gop, drives away the moderates to become independents and paints the gop as the far right.

what is mitt romney going to do at the iowa caucuses (where half the gop thinks obama is a muslim,). An idiot asks him on his views regarding obama's religion, he's on national tv, lights and cameras on him, what is he going to say?

If he says Obama is a muslim, he'll be the laughing stock of the nation. If he says Obama isn't a muslim, he'll lose the primary.

This is the smartest thing I've read on here in a long time

Old 02-15-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Where has ANYONE used the FACT that Hillary Clinton "came up with" the birther idea as justification for ANYTHING?

You can't wrap your head around the tiny fact that the OP accused the GOP of "coming up with" it and he was dead wrong???
And that's my point. The OP said the R's started it, and you all jumped in to say it was the Clinton camp, but you conveniently failed to mention that Clinton denounced it just as quickly. I don't care who started it--it's really really dumb--but to keep hanging on to it is insanity.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr03 View Post

If 25% of ALL Americans have doubts about his place of birth, then I wouldn't try and extrapolate that into saying it drives moderates anywhere.

The fact is that moderates have been moving to vote for Republicans as evidenced by the November 2, 2010 mid term elections.

Besides, this poll goes against all the polls done by REPUTABLE polling companies.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
And that's my point. The OP said the R's started it, and you all jumped in to say it was the Clinton camp, but you conveniently failed to mention that Clinton denounced it just as quickly. I don't care who started it--it's really really dumb--but to keep hanging on to it is insanity.

You seem to be the only one stuck on this.

OP accuses the GOP

OP is proven wrong.

Period. End of discussion...except for you.

Or....aren't people here allowed to prove someone lied anymore?

Old 02-15-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
If 25% of ALL Americans have doubts about his place of birth, then I wouldn't try and extrapolate that into saying it drives moderates anywhere.

The fact is that moderates have been moving to vote for Republicans as evidenced by the November 2, 2010 mid term elections.

Besides, this poll goes against all the polls done by REPUTABLE polling companies.
You just keep pushing this issue (and others) over trying to get us out of a mess with the economy and we'll see how well the R's do in 2012. I was an R for 30 years, and this is the kind of crap that drove me out of the party. Good luck!

Old 02-15-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
You just keep pushing this issue (and others) over trying to get us out of a mess with the economy and we'll see how well the R's do in 2012. I was an R for 30 years, and this is the kind of crap that drove me out of the party. Good luck!

Yeah...and tell me another fish story too.

I dispute the entire POLL...get it?

And with that in mind, all your ranting is a waste of time.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 PM

68,277 posts, read 54,024,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
9/11 "Truthers" make up half the Democrat Party.

No wonder blacks, hispanics, asians, white males, and other intelligent moderates are fleeing the Blame America First party in droves.
Did you even bother to read tghe article?

Just WHERE does it say these people make up 1/2 the Democratic Party?

Old 02-15-2011, 03:38 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,339,457 times
Quote:
that is not a fact.

again, hillary's campaign had nothing to do with the birth of birtherism. that honor goes to philip berg who is neither part of the GOP or the clinton campaign. as far as i can tell clinton has never, either directly or indirectly, made any statement that could be conceived as pro-birther.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies