U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM

4,457 posts, read 3,994,325 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqj5DeIZNdg

I had a feeling this would be the way they ruled.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 01:45 PM

25,058 posts, read 25,913,276 times
Good job judge Now the cops will actually have to behave lest they will be filmed and have their abusive mug posted on youtube for the world to see

Old 02-15-2011, 01:47 PM

76 posts, read 41,441 times
A big thank you to this Judge. The behaviors Cops get away with is astounding.

It is no coincidence that Anabolic Steriod suppliers advertise in police worker magazines.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:48 PM

4,457 posts, read 3,994,325 times
I wont bash all LE but this is a good thing to keep them all honest especially the bad ones.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highhat View Post
A big thank you to this Judge. The behaviors Cops get away with is astounding.

It is no coincidence that Anabolic Steriod suppliers advertise in police worker magazines.
I heard that if cops beat up on you and you try to block their nightstick strikes with your arms and your arms get bruised, they can lie and get away with that you were resisting arrest and attacking the cops

Old 02-15-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I heard that if cops beat up on you and you try to block their nightstick strikes with your arms and your arms get bruised, they can lie and get away with that you were resisting arrest and attacking the cops
Of course, thats why when they know they are being filmed during an arrest they always yell "STOP RESISTING, STOP RESISTING" over and over. Meanwhile most of the time you can blatently see the perp is not resisting but trying to defend themself from excessive force.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highhat View Post
Of course, thats why when they know they are being filmed during an arrest they always yell "STOP RESISTING, STOP RESISTING" over and over. Meanwhile most of the time you can blatently see the perp is not resisting but trying to defend themself from excessive force.
There was a video posted by a British person about British police tasing someone in the Midlands or Nottingham and the guy is on the crowd, tased, unable to move and the cop keeps yelling tase him tase him tase him! For "resisting arrest". Cops have way too much power in my opinion. Unfortunately I think, there's way more bad cops than good, and it's the good thoughtful officers that have to suffer the bad reputation the aggressive, 'roid raging ones give

Old 02-15-2011, 01:58 PM

446 posts, read 613,829 times
Quote:
Good job judge Now the cops will actually have to behave lest they will be filmed and have their abusive mug posted on youtube for the world to see
I could not have said it any better. I trust the police about as far as I can toss a Suburban.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Serge View Post
I could not have said it any better. I trust the police about as far as I can toss a Suburban.
Neither do I. It's better to protect yourself. Besides, few people know that we as Americans DO NOT have the right to police protection. There is no law anywhere that says everywhere MUST have a police force nearby

Old 02-15-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
There was a video posted by a British person about British police tasing someone in the Midlands or Nottingham and the guy is on the crowd, tased, unable to move and the cop keeps yelling tase him tase him tase him! For "resisting arrest". Cops have way too much power in my opinion. Unfortunately I think, there's way more bad cops than good, and it's the good thoughtful officers that have to suffer the bad reputation the aggressive, 'roid raging ones give
I have several friends who are cops. I believe (hopefully correctly) they are part of the good ones. But I also agree that many are bad and abusive.
Also Steroid use is a major problem among police officers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies