Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:10 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times

Advertisements

The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) is Par Robertson's old propaganda outlet. They're always making retarded claims like Islam will invade and destroy the west, that New Orleans was punished by god because they didn't let gays live among normal people, that President Obama was secretly the anti-Christ, and all sorts of other retarded nonsense. Back in the 1960's Robertson's made the same sort of claims ("God will destroy America because...") but back in those days it was because God was supposedly angry that black people were given equal rights with whites. Hell, at Robertson's "college" (I use the term loosely since graduates don't seem to have learned a damn thing) it was illegal for students to date someone of another race until the mid 1980's. Robertson claimed that god had created the different races and that miscegenation was a crime against God. That's who we're dealing with in the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 04:56 PM

174 posts, read 596,852 times
Several years ago, I had the opportunity to work with a couple of interns from France at the company that I work for. I was told by them that they were very worried that France was on it's way to becoming a majority Muslim country within the next 15 years. They were very candid in their critisism about France's embrance of multiculurism was going to create a hostile envirorment toward the natives of France. One of the things I rememeber these interns telling me was that the Muslim immigrants flat out refused to assimilate to their new country. They also openly talked about imposing Sharia law in France once they become the majority.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:59 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE-Ed View Post
Several years ago, I had the opportunity to work with a couple of interns from France at the company that I work for. I was told by them that they were very worried that France was on it's way to becoming a majority Muslim country within the next 15 years. They were very candid in their critisism about France's embrance of multiculurism was going to create a hostile envirorment toward the natives of France. One of the things I rememeber these interns telling me was that the Muslim immigrants flat out refused to assimilate to their new country. They also openly talked about imposing Sharia law in France once they become the majority.
Only 6% - 10% of France's population are muslims and most of those are not fundamentalists.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM

371 posts, read 393,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Only 6% - 10% of France's population are muslims and most of those are not fundamentalists.

Source?

Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
France is nowhere near a civil war, either locally or nationally. That's just a lot of manure the Francophobes like to spread, because they hate France.
I tune in to French media regularly. Online: France24, France2, the newspapers from Toulouse and Bordeaux.
France2 (all in French) is an excellent source of news that covers each region of France daily.
Recently, Marine LaPen, the daughter of France's National Front Party, has taken charge of the party from her father, Jean-Marie LaPen, who founded the party decades ago. The party is viewed as conservative and anti-immigrant.
Their stronghold is Marseilles, a port city in the South with a high percentage of Arab population because of the port jobs.
Otherwise, the French are not planning a civil war. Recently, the latest wine (Beaujolais Nouveau) has arrived and is being enjoyed. Two French nationals are still hostage in Afghanistan for more than 410 days. And Anne-Sophie, the TV newscaster for the Languedoc-Rousillon regional news, looks just as beautiful as ever.
But no local civil war.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
Source?
The Future of the Global Muslim Population - Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
The salad bowl theory ain't working out so well after all these years.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
Most countries could avoid all these problems by establishing in their constitution a policy that limits foreign born population size.For example, if the policy was that once the foreign born population reaches 8% of total population size immigration and permanent/long term visas will cease until the foreign born population decrease to 4% of total population you could essentially have immigration forever and the cultural shift would be so gradual as to minimize conflict.

The only other major issue to take into account is optimum population size, which varies from country to country. For instance in the US many scientists say 200-250 million people is best. so you'd want to adjust immigration to maintain this number as well.

Of course, those ideas involve long term planning and no irrational cowardice of immigrants (which is what our current policies are based off of).
Why not just promote assimilation? Much of europe cannot repoduce their own numbers. In a situation such as this you must get children from somewhere. The problems europe is experiencing is because the immigrants aren't assimilating. In point of fact they "seem" to represent a "hostile culture" within the host country.

Last edited by Dutchman01; 02-16-2011 at 07:22 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Why not just promote assimilation? Much of europe cannot repoduce their own numbers. In a situation such as this you much get children from somewhere. The problems europe is experiencing is because the immigrants aren't assimilating. In point of fact they "seem" to represent a "hostile culture" within the host country.
And that is the failure of multi-cultural policies. Instead of holding fast to liberal democratic values (e.g. freedom of speech, tolerance of other viewpoints), governments have been sacrificing core values so as not to offend the newcomers.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 PM

371 posts, read 393,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Why not just promote assimilation? Much of europe cannot repoduce their own numbers. In a situation such as this you much get children from somewhere. The problems europe is experiencing is because the immigrants aren't assimilating. In point of fact they "seem" to represent a "hostile culture" within the host country.

You're going with the assumption that these people are "needed". Why the pro-immigrant people never question why citizens are not allowed a say in immigration is beyond me. Corporate interests drive immigration policy, yet in this case I guess corporate greed is okay.

I subscribe to the belief that less is more. We should aim to have a smaller population and every country should do their best to become self sufficient regarding food, power and water. If you're in a position where you need to import these things, then you're in a position where you need to go to war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies