Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:08 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Where were you people when GWB was burning through the budget surplus at warp speed to play cowboys and indians in Iraq? Where was the anti-government whining and the Tea Party outrage? I really would like to know?
What difference does it make?
Would you believe anyone not of your party if they said they complained then?

Why did so many of your ilk **** and moan about the spending then, but suddenly get quiet once Obama took office?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 10:09 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Trick question to the geniuses... where does interest on public debt show up in the budget? (Hint: It didn't change this year or last). But hey, if FoxNews says it... it must be...
How about intra govt spending, ? Debt is Debt, regardless if it is an IOU....Total National Debt is more than the just the public debt.....so things are much worse....and the idiots in dc dont understand the importance of reduced spending and revenue generation

Old 02-16-2011, 10:13 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What difference does it make?
Would you believe anyone not of your party if they said they complained then?

Why did so many of your ilk **** and moan about the spending then, but suddenly get quiet once Obama took office?
Because my "ilk" and I are happy with the job that he is doing for this nation after the Republicans rode the horse hard and put it away wet.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Because my "ilk" and I are happy with the job that he is doing for this nation after the Republicans rode the horse hard and put it away wet.
If thats the case,Obama finished off the horse and sent it to the glue factory.

Happy with the job...really?
Happy with the war$ and his interventionist policie$?
Happy with his banker and corporate bailouts?
You don't even know how hypocritical you sound.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
If thats the case,Obama finished off the horse and sent it to the glue factory.

Happy with the job...really?
Happy with the war$ and his interventionist policie$?
Happy with his banker and corporate bailouts?
You don't even know how hypocritical you sound.
I am glad that we have a visionary in the White House and a man who is working to pull America out of the 20th century.

The Republicans never do a flipping thing in office except fill the pockets of their corporate and oil rich cronies. Never again!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
I am glad that we have a visionary in the White House and a man who is working to pull America out of the 20th century.

The Republicans never do a flipping thing in office except fill the pockets of their corporate and oil rich cronies. Never again!
Keep spouting platitudes, it's what liberals do best.

Duly noted that you are unable to answer my simple direct questions.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:31 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Looking at past budgets, Interest payments are not included in the cited deficit figures.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Keep spouting platitudes, it's what liberals do best.

Duly noted that you are unable to answer my simple direct questions.

So sayeth the condescending Repugnantcans.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:32 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Trick question to the geniuses... where does interest on public debt show up in the budget? (Hint: It didn't change this year or last). But hey, if FoxNews says it... it must be...
Not sure what point you are making? Page 8 clearly shows the net interest and it was lower in the past two years and goes up from here?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...ets/tables.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It looks like the Primary Deficit without the Interest payments is $860 billion add in the Interest it brings it up to $1.1 trillion.
Ya, not sure why they deduct it? They are sure making some big assumptions, they show Income tax receipts going up by 19%, that is some economic growth!
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Quote:
Where were you people when GWB was burning through the budget surplus at warp speed to play cowboys and indians in Iraq? Where was the anti-government whining and the Tea Party outrage? I really would like to know?
Same place I have always been, protesting against spending and government intrusion in our private lives since the 80's, how bout you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Looking at past budgets, Interest payments are not included in the cited deficit figures.
I see net interest but can't find if they deduct it. Where do you find the deduction?
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...8/pdf/hist.pdf

Old 02-16-2011, 11:48 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Not sure what point you are making? Page 8 clearly shows the net interest and it was lower in the past two years and goes up from here?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...ets/tables.pdf

Ya, not sure why they deduct it? They are sure making some big assumptions, they show Income tax receipts going up by 19%, that is some economic growth!
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Same place I have always been, protesting against spending and government intrusion in our private lives since the 80's, how bout you?

I see net interest but can't find if they deduct it. Where do you find the deduction?
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...8/pdf/hist.pdf

As far as the revenue growth, part of that comes from the itemized deduction caps at 28%.

As far as the net interest goes, I was referring to similar tables for each budget proposal. The summary pages of Obama's budget (which was referred to earlier in this thread) to the Summary pages of Bush's budget (see below). Notice how the reported deficit doesn't match up to the increase in the debt.

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy...get/tables.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies