Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 04:59 PM

866 posts, read 1,559,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Democratic politicians likely get death threats at 10 times the rate as right wing politicians do.

Would anybody like to bet me I can list more "arrested" anti government, right wing crazies threatening violence, than whatever obscure left winger you can list?
I'd love to see statistics for the first claim.

I'm sure that YOU know more right-wing crazies than left-wingers making threats. You're biased enough that I doubt you know about all the anarchist liberals threatening violence.

No, one person threatening violence against Obama does not prove that Conservatives are more violent. It just means that there are crazy people on all sides of the political spectrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 04:59 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,980,904 times
Guess what padcrasher.......WE DON'T CONDONE ANY DEATH THREATS!

So sorry you do.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:02 PM

I take a personal affront to ANY death threat made on ANY public official (or private citizen for that matter) regardless of their political leaning.

When you do that, you threaten the very root of the Democracy I love and live under.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:02 PM

115 posts, read 207,979 times
That's so scary. I think that being a government official, no matter what party, would be scary. I hope your representative stays safe Kangrui.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:04 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,115 times
Quote:
anonymous death threats ....wow....that never happens in politics. [YAWN]

Here's yet another example of the "real" results of right wing propaganda effects on their crazies.

Knoxville Unitarian Universalist church shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You forgot to mention there is no evidence the guy was right wing. And the book he was carrying was written by Beranrd Goldberg, a known Democrat.

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times
I don't understand this thread. Is the point to say that only radical liberals make death threats? Is the point to say that not only radical conservatives make death threats?

Democrats and Republicans are victims of death threats from extremists on both sides of the aisle. So.... what's the point here?

13,186 posts, read 14,973,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you can not condemn death threats on republicans
That's not the point of this thread. The point is that "liberals" are as bad as right wingers when it comes to threatening violence.

I'm gonna shred that right here and now.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,973,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I don't understand this thread. Is the point to say that only radical liberals make death threats? Is the point to say that not only radical conservatives make death threats?

Democrats and Republicans are victims of death threats from extremists on both sides of the aisle. So.... what's the point here?
The point was that it's "equal"....

Well it's not "equal"....by scale and degree right wing/anti-goverment/anti-aborthion threats and acts of violence far exceed what's coming from the left.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:08 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,219,612 times
Quote:
That's not the point of this thread. The point is that "liberals" are as bad as right wingers when it comes to threatening violence.

I'm gonna shred that right here and now.
So you do not condenm these death threats

Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
So.... what's the point here?

The POINT (as if you couldn't tell from the title and post ) is to show how when there's a death threat or shooting, who are first people to get the finger pointed at them?

I hope I don't have to explain that also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies