Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 07:20 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,191 times

Advertisements

Obama becoming so good at 'Washington games' that he's invented a new one | David Freddoso | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/02/obama-becoming-so-good-washington-games-hes-invented-new-one - broken link)
Is this how you plan your budget ? If my stupidest friend thought this was the way to plan her family spending , I would be shocked . Come on Democrat voters , you cant be this blind. How low would your IQ have to be to think people would accept this ?

Question by reporter A little fine print -- a little fine print in the budget, Mr. President. You said that this budget is not going to add to the credit card as of about the middle of the decade. And as Robert Gibbs might say, I'm not a budget expert and I'm not an economist, but if you could just explain to me how you can say that when, if you look on page 171, which I'm sure you’ve read -- (laughter) -- it is the central page in this -- the deficits go from $1.1 trillion down to $768 billion, and they go down again all the way to $607 billion in 2015, and then they start to creep up again, and by 2021, it’s at $774 billion. And the total over those 10 years, the total debt is $7.2 trillion on top of the $14 trillion we already have. How can you say that we’re living within our means?

THE PRESIDENT sort of answers : Well, here’s -- let me be clear on what I'm saying, because I'm not suggesting that we don’t have to do more. We still have all this accumulated debt as a consequence of the recession and as a consequence of a series of decisions that were made over the last decade. We’ve piled up, we’ve racked up a whole bunch of debt. And there is a lot of interest on that debt.
So, in the same way that if you’ve got a credit card and you’ve got a big balance, you may not be adding to principal -- you’ve still got all that interest that you’ve got to pay. Well, we’ve got a big problem in terms of accumulated interest that we’re paying, and that’s why we’re going to have to whittle down further the debt that’s already been accumulated. So that’s problem number one.
He will deal with the interest later , so don't count it now , we will pretend its not there.

Press Conference by the President | The White House
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 07:31 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times
It's astounding isn't it?

I love how he also alludes to debt that accumulated due to a recession and decision made over the last decade.

In other words, he doesn't even acknowledge that his policies had anything to do with the mushroom cloud that happened after he took office.

I posted about this topic yesterday and got virtually no progressive willing to defend this budget punting.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
It's astounding isn't it?

I love how he also alludes to debt that accumulated due to a recession and decision made over the last decade.

In other words, he doesn't even acknowledge that his policies had anything to do with the mushroom cloud that happened after he took office.

I posted about this topic yesterday and got virtually no progressive willing to defend this budget punting.
I don't think they understand . They think we are telling a fib.
I try to use the smallest amount of words to get the point across and look at the wordy post it took to try to make it understandable.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Obummer is the Master Deceiver. When are people going to wake up and realize what a disaster he is?

Smoke and mirrors.....

Old 02-17-2011, 07:57 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times
You may not want to look at the depressing thread I posted today about how he flat-out lied about his budget not raising the deficit, but it does show the plain and simple fact that he either lied or is too completely clueless to even know he's lying:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-he-lied.html

Old 02-17-2011, 08:00 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,491 times
3 card monte..a real snake oil salesman...he missed his calling

Too bad most of the American people woke up and see him for what he is. But he keeps trying

Old 02-17-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
You may not want to look at the depressing thread I posted today about how he flat-out lied about his budget not raising the deficit, but it does show the plain and simple fact that he either lied or is too completely clueless to even know he's lying:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-he-lied.html
He honestly made a budget without counting the interest our dept owes those who it was borrowed from. That is what they planed to do , they did it , and turned it in to the American people.

I bet he did this in school " make a budget for the US that doesn't include your interest payments" said young Barrys professor. He forgot to say " If you become President , don't try this there , they will call you an idiot.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:27 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
this guy is a nut job with no grease.. did anybody read about the 3.8 percent tax he tagged on to the health bill.. yep coming in 2013, when you sell your house you will have to pay 3.8 percent tax off the total selling price.. if the obaminator was pinokio??? >>>his nose would be half way to the moon..

Old 02-17-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
this guy is a nut job with no grease.. did anybody read about the 3.8 percent tax he tagged on to the health bill.. yep coming in 2013, when you sell your house you will have to pay 3.8 percent tax off the total selling price.. if the obaminator was pinokio??? >>>his nose would be half way to the moon..
Its hard enough getting out of bad (high tax) neighborhoods. Will anyone in N.J. ever sell another house ?

Old 02-17-2011, 12:00 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Didnt Obama give Bush and republicans heck for the wars not being in the budget? Yet he is doing the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies