Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2011, 12:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times

Advertisements

Our fight is with radical Islamic terrorists, not with the Islamic religion. It is heartening and refreshing to see, that with the exception of the usual suspects, no one is buying into this imaginary "War on Islam".

Old 02-20-2011, 12:15 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
And I didn't say that...I was using that to make a comparison to the simplistic "Muslim hate Jews so they hate Israel" logic to explain the probelms that arise from disputed territory.

Gee, you don't think it has anything to do with the fact that the Palestinian Arabs didn't like being occupied by Israeli forces... Or having their lands divided up for Israeli settlements populated by Haisidic Jews and immigrants... Occupation can be a rough game--just ask the British troops who served in Northern Ireland during "the Troubles"...

Who's this Slammer fellow you keep talking about? Is this a pro-wrestler you're a fan of?
A ballet dancer.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:30 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Our fight is with radical Islamic terrorists, not with the Islamic religion. It is heartening and refreshing to see, that with the exception of the usual suspects, no one is buying into this imaginary "War on Islam".
Yes, it does give one hope seeing that there are still plenty of rational minds out there, Unfortunately there are those few out there on both sides that are doing their best to turn this into exactly that, a war between religions, they are threat to the world in my opinion and no better than those they hate and should be treated as that, in other words they are the enemy of all mankind.
Casper

Old 02-20-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Go look up the Sri Lanka civil war, ignoramus. Hundreds of suicide attacks. Of course, no oil and no English-speaking people, so Fox probably didn't cover it.

I could've sworn somebody upthread said something about Islam being irrevocably intertwined with politics. And if you're saying that religion was just a bit player in the IRA/UK (not England) conflict, you have more reading to do.
Yes, and my next-door neighbors are have a spat too. Difference is, and you might need adult help explaining this to you, is that their spat hasn't lasted most of a millenium (that's 1,000 years), and taken the lives of millions. Nor has the trifles you have referred to. Trifles, BTW (and that means "by the way") are things of very little importance (check mirror for an exemplar).

In N. Ireland, religion wasn't a bit-player, it was a non-player. It was over control of N. Ireland.

Why don't you just accept that Islam has at its heart a mandate for all to jihad against all non-belivers (that would be yo... well, me for sure). It involves everything and every level up to and including killing in the most violent way the non-believers. Check out "Mecca - the early years" for another exemplar.

Since, by your own "admission" you don't know what Islam is, I'll explain.

Slammer is a soup-to-nuts (that means "start-to-finish") set of mandatory rules for organizing and conductig the affairs of society. It has at its heart, a religion, which is the "authorization" for all else it encompases including Sharia, which is law encompassing both criminal and civil law.

Are you even paying a modicum of attention during the last 30 years? Of course you haven't.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:46 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Yes, and my next-door neighbors are have a spat too. Difference is, and you might need adult help explaining this to you, is that their spat hasn't lasted most of a millenium (that's 1,000 years), and taken the lives of millions. Nor has the trifles you have referred to. Trifles, BTW (and that means "by the way") are things of very little importance (check mirror for an exemplar).

In N. Ireland, religion wasn't a bit-player, it was a non-player. It was over control of N. Ireland.

Why don't you just accept that Islam has at its heart a mandate for all to jihad against all non-belivers (that would be yo... well, me for sure). It involves everything and every level up to and including killing in the most violent way the non-believers. Check out "Mecca - the early years" for another exemplar.

Slammer is a soup-to-nuts (that means "start-to-finish") set of mandatory rules for organizing and conductig the affairs of society. It has at its heart, a religion, which is the "authorization" for all else it encompases including Sharia, which is law encompassing both criminal and civil law.

Are you even paying a modicum of attention during the last 30 years? Of course you haven't.
They're so cute when they think they have it all figured out.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:

It would add greatly to the continuity of this thread if you would refrain from personally attacking each and every poster in this thread who disagrees with you and stick to your informed opinion refuting their logic rather than branding everyone stupid, ignorant and uninformed. It would also be of great value if you were to provide some form of link to back up your conclusions rather than posting long winded rants and diatribes against your fellow members.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
It would add greatly to the continuity of this thread if you would refrain from personally attacking each and every poster in this thread who disagrees with you and stick to your informed opinion refuting their logic rather than branding everyone stupid, ignorant and uninformed. It would also be of great value if you were to provide some form of link to back up your conclusions rather than posting long winded rants and diatribes against your fellow members.

Never happen, but thanks for asking anyway.
Casper

Old 02-20-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
They're so cute when they think they have it all figured out.
Believe it or not, and as stupid as it is, the above post is the most intelligent thing you're said so far. You're improving, but you have a long long way to go before your posts actually make sense.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Believe it or not, and as stupid as it is, the above post is the most intelligent thing you're said so far. You're improving, but you have a long long way to go before your posts actually make sense.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:

The facts are so widely known as to not need posts. It is a matter of whose side you are one, Islam or Humanity's.

They provide no logic to refute, they only refute the facts.

I'll stop attacking them when I cease seeing terms like Tea Baggers and Repugs on the forum. Until then, payback is the order of the day. If you don't want to be called stupid, don't say stupid things.

I consider them aslmost as much a threat as Islam.

There was a submarine movie where one of the Soviet Officers (political officer, I think) fired a torpedo that came back and hit their own sub. Just before impact, another officer said "You arrogant bastad, you've killed us all". That is what I am trying to stop, these arrogant bastards, and their holier-than-thou, more-tolerant, blindly tolerant, than thou, attitudes before their torpedo comes back to roost.

All they do is blame the US, but they don't realize that Islam has been at war with the rest of the world since its inception. Period. Almost 1,000 years. It never ends, it never changes, it just keeps on ticking and sawing, and stabbing, and stoning.

Sure, there are peaceful decent Muslims, I am friends with several, but that doesn't change a thing, because it isn't about Islam's members, but Islam itself.

How many millions must die horrible deaths over how many centuries before humanity wakes up? Are you all intimidated, and hope to die of natural causes before they get to you? Have you witnessed them sawing off a man's hand and foot for stealing a loaf of bread, or killing a woman for being raped? Open your effing eyes and quit trying to be so avant garde. I saw them deliberately run a car over a young boy's hand for some tifle, and cut off ears for men shaving their beards. It's coming to you or yours someday, and it might be delivered in the form of a dirty bomb, or WMD or whatever.

You have been forewarned, this is not a game, not a silly test of debate skills and wills, it is the real thing. Two of my closes friends barely escaped death on 911 and several, well they didn't escape. One of the survivors still can't speak about it.

WAKE UP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies