Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2011, 08:43 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, from you link.

"Walker's plan would make workers pay half the costs of their pensions and at least 12.6 percent of their health care premiums. State employees' costs would go up by an average of 8 percent. The changes would save the state $30 million by June 30 and $300 million over the next two years."

Looks pretty much like my conservative opinion piece!
AND did it mention that the governor refused to meet with the employees to even discuss it? That his option is to basically just shut the unions down, after he put the state in the budget crisis they're in to begin with?

EDIT--if you go back and read the articles, it makes it very clear that the employees aren't protesting over the budget cuts--it's over the cuts to collective bargaining. Nice try at trying to once again, cherry pick to spin something when you are CLEARLY WRONG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 08:44 PM

898 posts, read 827,796 times
It shows the nation that dumbocrats are not fit to lead. They made a tragic error in judgment in running away and have probably insured republican rule in Wisconsin for another generation. With their actions, unions have lost the support of the voters. Private sector voters HATE what public union employees are doing. Democrat = idiot.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:49 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Like rats from a ship.

Dems missing from Wis. Capitol ahead of union vote (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110217/ap_on_re_us/us_wisconsin_budget_unions - broken link)
That's terrible, these lawmakers are cowards, they should be arrested !!!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:49 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I have never been as proud of elected officials as I am of democrats in Wisconsin today.
you got that right. Now if all the dems would run and hide and take obama with them we could move forward.Europe would welcome them most of America are sick of them tiny percent of union workers,mostly public sector tax sucking leeches. we can replace them easily in a week.quit living like it was 20 years ago. glad to see the teachers union loosing taxpayer support

Old 02-17-2011, 08:50 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
You know what--they finally managed to cross the line and tap into middle class anger in this country. It isn't just public workers--it's democratic and moderate voters in general. Good luck with that. When you push and push, people finally get ticked off and fight back.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:50 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You've got to be kidding me--you think that unions HIRED 13,000 people to show up for a rally? Are you SEROUS? Why in the world would everyone there have to be a teacher or a public employee for it to be legit--I think it sends an even a stronger statement that lots of different people, from lots of different walks of life, are pretty hot about this. Just what number of people do you think would make it legit? The entire state? Good grief....

The new governor has simply decided that since he doesn't personally like unions, he's trying to try to shut them down. It's upset LOTS of voters there, and they're being about as vocal about it as they can be. THAT'S democracy in action.
obviously didn't read what I wrote very well.. I said they hired some. That's not exactly breaking news to someone from Michigan. and learn what the multi-quote button is please. I have to wade through tons of your replies to a bunch of different people to get to the next unique post.

thanks

Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
You know what--they finally managed to cross the line and tap into middle class anger in this country. It isn't just public workers--it's democratic and moderate voters in general. Good luck with that. When you push and push, people finally get ticked off and fight back.
Sorry, these are union thugs, organized by obama's OFA and the DNC. The middle class anger was bright and shiny in Nov of 2010, when voters went to the polls and elected these officials, who ran on just what they are doing now.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:56 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:

LOL, unions are throwing a temper tantrum and some think it is a popular uprising. The uprising happened on election day. the unions do not like the outcome so they are trying to circumvent the democratic process.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:04 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thanks for the insult. I do not belong to a union, never have. I've also never had a "job for life".

You surely know that nurses have exactly no flexibility to set their own hours. The only way to have time to meet your kids' and your own needs is to work part time. DH has had a lot more flexibility as an engineer. Teachers do not have that flexibility, either. They have to teach when school is in session.
So summers off and guaranteed weekends and nights off isn't enough? Those greedy teachers.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:06 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Now the gov walker is ready to call up the National Guard to help his agenda. Thuggery goes deeper.
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker Readies National Guard Against Unions
This has been explained multiple times. The National Guard is put on notice anytime there is a potential weather problem (they just were called out to help with the blizzard we had a couple weeks ago) and in cases of civil unrest. This is civil unrest, last I heard, 9 people had been arrested today in Madison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies