Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:36 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
While you were serving with the 32nd Marine Amphibious Unit in Beirut did anyone point out to you that Israel was... over there?
Quite aware of where it was since I traveled there for R&R a couple times.

And I wasn't with the 32nd as a Navy Intelligence Officer. (also serving in Lebanon: 2 & 3rd battalions - 8th Marines)

Beirut could have been one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen if it wasn't for their civil war.

Quote:
And this has what to do with UN Resolutions:

181:recommending partition of the British Mandate into Jewish and Arab states

194: conditional right of return of refugees

1397: the first resolution to explicitly call for a two-state solution.

And most importantly Security Council Resolution 242, Camp David Accords, Oslo, Geneva or Camp David Accords with regards to borders and settlements?
Having served with a multi-national force under the UN banner, I have very little use for the UN and couldn't possibly care less about their biased resolutions.

I saw things with my own eyes. And read things about how the UN operated that if I explained, you'd probably would hate them too.

Quote:
I stand by the clueless remark.
You probably would since you've never been there and only know what the talking points are for the day.

Last edited by KoobleKar; 02-17-2011 at 08:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times
BTW....

What's some of the things I mentioned have to do with UN Resolutions?

Did you ever wonder why the Palestinians only demand their land back from and only attack Israel?

You're obviously aware that they once tried to have an uprising in Jordan...right?

And the outcome of that was....complete annihilation. Every man, woman, and child.

Syria not only murdered all the Palestinians once, but they wiped the entire refugee camp off the map as if it never existed.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:01 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Having served with a multi-national force under the UN banner, I have very little use for the UN and couldn't possibly care less about their biased resolutions.
(yawn) The rest of us, whatever dissatisfaction we may have with the UN, do in fact care about their resolutions, especially since we wield more control over them than we probably should.

Are you aware that we can veto any Security Council motion?

Quote:
I saw things with my own eyes. And read things about how the UN operated that if I explained, you'd probably would hate them too.
Probably, but only because the UN is a collection of governments and I dislike governments, not because the U.S. is getting the short end of the stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies