Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Neither of those says anything about "bringing protesters in from out of state" which is what the OP infers.
Actually, I would be surprised if people were not coming from out of State. The Gov of Wisc is waging war on public employee unions. He wants them eliminated. I think there are a lot of people all over this Country that have an interest is not seeing this destruction happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 07:34 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Nonsense. He, as well as the voters, want them to pay their fair share. Right now, they pay 6% for HC and nothing for their own pensions.

You will find this nice little con throughout the states with union contracts.

I think you'll find most people across the nation are enraged that PS union employees have such a sweet, sweet deal, HC for life, job for life, free pension, free HC - they are more than ready to have this kind of corruption stopped and that is ONE reason WHY the Nov 2010 election saw historic gains for the GOP across the nation - giving them a RECORD number of "trifectas" - Gov and legislature.
I know it is very likely a large assumption, but I assume you read the bill the Gov is pushing. To be sure, there are specifics on employee contribution to HC etc, but I suspect the part of eliminating collective bargaining rights, may have been missed due to a little glassy eyed view.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:38 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Thanks for the links, but the left is still much too busy attacking Limbaugh then to pay any attention to the fact that our president is involved in trying to influence state politics.

Welcome to OFA Wisconsin

Through Organizing for America, Americans across the country continue to organize in their communities to build support for President Obama's agenda and hold Washington accountable to America's call for change.

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | OFA State Page

Old 02-18-2011, 07:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Thanks for the links, but the left is still much too busy attacking Limbaugh then to pay any attention to the fact that our president is involved in trying to influence state politics.

Welcome to OFA Wisconsin

Through Organizing for America, Americans across the country continue to organize in their communities to build support for President Obama's agenda and hold Washington accountable to America's call for change.

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | OFA State Page

And that's why Texas gets bashed so much...our Governor is calling him out on it and the masses don't like that.

So..our Fed education money is held back and we have the EPA trying to take over state business. We said NO to p/t unemployment and said NO to Race to the Top money; both had Fed mandates that took over state decisions.

Yes, Texas has the heavy hand of the Fed in our faces because we're not cow-towing to DC's politics and bribes.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 AM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I know it is very likely a large assumption, but I assume you read the bill the Gov is pushing. To be sure, there are specifics on employee contribution to HC etc, but I suspect the part of eliminating collective bargaining rights, may have been missed due to a little glassy eyed view.
The same people who have implicit trust in the government's ability to run our health care system, don't trust the government to run public sector employee pay, health care, or benefits.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:24 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Rush apparently says so. Guess its not surprising. I believe this is the group that has Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" on its recommended reading list!

Rush: Obama’s Organizing for America Funneling Protesters Into Wisconsin | The Blaze
Talk about "astroturf" activism!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The same people who have implicit trust in the government's ability to run our health care system, don't trust the government to run public sector employee pay, health care, or benefits.
Correct. They need a union in case the government forces them to work for slave wages and put in 80 hour weeks..right ?

I never could fathom the reason for "Government Unions" since it's the government who would protect the people against bad employment conditions while the unions work to protect the employees against bad employers.

Government Unions is almost like an oxymoron..protecting people against the very government they voted into place and hired them.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:40 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Rush apparently says so. Guess its not surprising. I believe this is the group that has Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" on its recommended reading list!

Rush: Obama’s Organizing for America Funneling Protesters Into Wisconsin | The Blaze
What if he is?

So what.

You guys invoke Alinsky so much, it has lost all meaning, BTW.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:53 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
What if he is?

So what.

You guys invoke Alinsky so much, it has lost all meaning, BTW.
A book written by a man who salutes the Devil??? This is recommended reading by Obama's "Organizing for America" and "The National Education Association," and I doubt many mainstream Americans approve of what is happening and who our Leaders' and childrens' teachers' heros have become.

"Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgement to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins-or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom - Lucifer." Saul Alinsky "Rules for Radicals"

Again, this is no grass roots protest. This is the "devil's" doing.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:44 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,059 times
its not like most obama supports have jobs or anthing to keep them from going
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies