Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 12:25 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times

Advertisements

//www.city-data.com/forum/wisco...dget-plan.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 06:16 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Of course it is and also the DNC;

OFA Wisconsin (OFA_WI) on Twitter

DNC playing role in Wisconsin protests - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Quote:
“I’m disappointed that instead of providing similar leadership from the White House, the president has chosen to attack leaders such as Gov. Walker, who are listening to the people and confronting problems that have been neglected for years at the expense of jobs and economic growth,” Boehner said in a statement. “I urge the president to order the DNC to suspend these tactics.”
Quote:
Sorry, but once I saw Rush and the Blaze I was done, neither has any credibilty. Some much for that.
Casper
Right, right. Sure. How about from OFA's own website?

http://my.barackobama.com/page/conte...=BOnav#blogTop

Old 02-18-2011, 06:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
This country has become corrupt and underhanded and dirty politics are played right out in the open.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this were true.

Someone always has an agenda and there are plenty of groups willing to "do what it takes" to promote or demote issues.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:40 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
I do not give a crap what Rush says, I have eyes and I see what Obama is doing, the slithery little snake
he is trying like hell to hold on to his union votes
he does not have the balls to do anything good for our counrty he has been so busy playing golf and paying off the very people that got him elected, the unions~
I believe before all of this is over with Obama will be flushed down the toilet just like his buddy Jimmy Carter
if he cared a flip he would be calling out the cowardly democrats that fled rather than debate the bill and cast their vote, back off Obama and balance the fed budget
this just really pisses me off

Old 02-18-2011, 06:42 AM

Obama joins Wisconsin's budget battle, opposing Republican anti-union bill

Quote:
The president's political machine worked in close coordination Thursday with state and national union officials to mobilize thousands of protesters to gather in Madison and to plan similar demonstrations in other state capitals.

The White House political operation, Organizing for America, got involved Monday, after Democratic National Committee Chairman Timothy M. Kaine, a former Virginia governor, spoke to union leaders in Madison, a party official said.

The group made phone calls, distributed messages via Twitter and Facebook, and sent e-mails to its state and national lists to try to build crowds for rallies Wednesday and Thursday, a party official said.
Is this really what the president of the US should be doing?

But of course, he has a huge debt to repay to the unions, doesn't he?

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-18-2011 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 02-18-2011, 06:43 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The proof is in the pudding, or on the websites as both Obama's website and the DNC are promoting this.

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com
In reading the page to which you linked, it looks to me as if it's a state by state organizing - meaning those within the state who belong to OFA are assisting in organizing protests in each state. It says nothing about them "sending in protesters".

Old 02-18-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
In reading the page to which you linked, it looks to me as if it's a state by state organizing - meaning those within the state who belong to OFA are assisting in organizing protests in each state. It says nothing about them "sending in protesters".
Look one post up, to the WaPo link - trying to build crowds.

And then here;

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi..._protests.html

Quote:
OfA Wisconsin's field efforts include filling buses and building turnout for the rallies this week in Madison, organizing 15 rapid response phone banks urging supporters to call their state legislators, and working on planning and producing rallies, a Democratic Party official in Washington said.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
That's what activists do..organize. The bigger the crowd, the more important the message becomes.
There is a growing unrest bubbling in America. They must know of some hidden money that that rest of us don't know about. The unions seem to be putting themselves above what is going on and think they are exempt from all other workers are going through.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:50 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Rush apparently says so. Guess its not surprising. I believe this is the group that has Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" on its recommended reading list!

Rush: Obama’s Organizing for America Funneling Protesters Into Wisconsin | The Blaze
Of course they are. But Pelosi should be chiming in at any point to shriek "astroturf". Waiting.....waiting.....

Old 02-18-2011, 06:56 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Look one post up, to the WaPo link - trying to build crowds.

And then here;

DNC playing role in Wisconsin protests - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
Neither of those says anything about "bringing protesters in from out of state" which is what the OP infers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies