Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 09:07 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What last weeks decision? Are you talking about last years state of the union about campaign finance from corporations and foreign entities?

The Supreme Court of these United States is not a place to hold grudges. The justices have the responsibility to determine the meaning behind words and hear arguments from both sides on whether or not laws and their cases are unconstitutional.

The President disagreed with them, they'll move onto another day.

Remember, even the conservatives on court will probably vote to declare the healthcare law constitutional. It gives more power to both parties in power, and they see that as a good thing, even Republicans.
Yes it was. My comment was referring to how President Barack Hussein Obama took a cheap shot in an address knowing full well the justices would not be able to immediately defend themselves. It was a cowards’ move and Obama implied his sense of justice is supreme and not the supreme courts. We can say there is no axe to grind, on the behalf of the justices who felt insulted, all day long but that is not how people work. If it were, President Barack Hussein Obama would have never made such a juvenile comment; he was pissed about the ruling and showed his ass, again.
I hope these Supreme Court Justices remind him there are (3) three braches of government that are equal and not under the POTUS.

IMO;
Like a ghetto thug, Obama uses things such as "law" only when it suits him and when "LAWS" impede his progress he looks for way around it continually asking "is it illegal?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 09:11 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Implementation of Obamacare must STOP until the appeal is heard. If someone were on "death's row" and wanted to appeal the verdict,would you want the state to go ahead and follow through with the execution BEFORE the appeal is heard?
You guys really are funny.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:22 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
So you want to continue to allow healthcare companies to deny people for preexisting conditions, drop 22 year olds from their parents healthcare plans while in college, and other things that have already come into effect?
I want the law ruled effective before any parts of it go into effect. Sure I didn't get my way but that is what I want. I think that passing laws that go into effect by parts, as this one, should be thrown out upon passage. What I am talking about is the very things you listed along with the slated cuts in Medicare and all the taxes in the law being collected for 3 or 4 years before we get any of the real affordable parts. All this is aimed at supposedly building up the funds to take care of the last 6 years of the period covered by this law.

Yes, the pre-existing conditions part appears so good but that part has caused the severe jumps in what companies are charging now, before the whole law goes into effect. Surely, even Obama and friends can see this. Well, maybe not.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:30 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't see them as any more humorous than you guys. But then I am not as supportive of anything Obama as long as it is from Obama.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:31 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm
Implementation of Obamacare must STOP until the appeal is heard. If someone were on "death's row" and wanted to appeal the verdict,would you want the state to go ahead and follow through with the execution BEFORE the appeal is heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

In other words, kevinm gotcha over a barrel with a perfect analogy to which you have no rebuttal.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times
It actually shows the naivete of the entire Obama camp to actually think that a Judge that already said the entire law was void is going to turn around and say he didn't really mean it.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:34 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
[/i]

In other words, kevinm gotcha over a barrel with a perfect analogy to which you have no rebuttal.
We all know how bob is....

Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
So you want to continue to allow healthcare companies to deny people for preexisting conditions, drop 22 year olds from their parents healthcare plans while in college, and other things that have already come into effect?
yes

its good to see how people will use this bs to basically call anyone opposed to obamacare evil.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:40 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
despite the recent federal court ruling! Can you say: contempt of court!

http://thehill.com/images/stories/bl...%20clarify.pdf
I can not only say it, I actually understand what it means.

That's not "contempt of court."

Old 02-18-2011, 10:41 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
It actually shows the naivete of the entire Obama camp to actually think that a Judge that already said the entire law was void is going to turn around and say he didn't really mean it.
It actually shows the blithering idiocy of the entire anti-Obama camp to actually think that that is what this motion asks the judge to do.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies