Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:28 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Good for him, let's hope others will follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 01:15 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Serge View Post
Boy, that 6 months of dim winter up there must've affected his brain. Either that, or he don't care about the less fortunate. It's probably the latter.

show me where in our founding documents it says that goverment is supposed to take care of the poor.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:19 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,419 times
Quote:
Boy, that 6 months of dim winter up there must've affected his brain. Either that, or he don't care about the less fortunate. It's probably the latter.
Thank you for the infantile name calling .

Old 02-18-2011, 01:22 PM

446 posts, read 649,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
show me where in our founding documents it says that goverment is supposed to take care of the poor.
Heh. The contempt the right has for the poor shows itself again.

"Promote the general welfare..."

Old 02-18-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Heh. The contempt the right has for the poor shows itself again.

"Promote the general welfare..."

general welfare does not mean taking care of someone.

also I am not of the right nor of the left. I cant stand either party.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:34 PM

446 posts, read 649,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
general welfare does not mean taking care of someone.
Ain't no one talking about "taking care" of anyone, it's about helping the poor to get along in life without things like crushing health care costs.

Also, last time I checked Webster's and saw that welfare means "well-being", it occurred to me that... wait for it... hold on a second... being in poverty is not a "well-being" position to be in!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Ain't no one talking about "taking care" of anyone, it's about helping the poor to get along in life without things like crushing health care costs.

Also, last time I checked Webster's and saw that welfare means "well-being", it occurred to me that... wait for it... hold on a second... being in poverty is not a "well-being" position to be in!

dont really care, been there before and without help from the fedgov or stategov. if they cant take care of themselves, then let them do without.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:52 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
I am pretty critical of Parnell because he has continued too many of his predecessor's ruinous policies for too long. But at least in this case he is showing some spine.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:03 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Actually neither you nor Obama can back that up. Thus the administration filed a plea with the judge who declared Obamacare null and void (lest it be successfully appealed) to force states to enact it. The judge either will or he won't, it is that simple.
Huh? Back what up? That the Democratic Party is somehow exempt from the Affordable Care Act? That's the lie I was responding to, and you're talking about something else. I'd say it's that simple, but apparently it ain't simple enough for some to understand.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:09 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Not really. Take the SEARHC clinics in SE Alaska...if you're poor, you can go to them and pay five bucks...and if you don't have that, you don't have to pay it. If you need further medical treatment, the state pays for it even if it's in the lower 48. It's a pretty good deal for those without insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies