Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:14 AM

570 posts, read 882,750 times

Advertisements

Having worked in the service industry before, I realize how ludicrous most customer complaints are.

For example, I was at a popular fast food chicken place today. I went at a really bad time. There was a party of two women, followed by a party of 4 women in front of me, plus whoever was in the drive thru.

All I heard was a lot of "kuku kooooing" , not from the dead chickens of course, but from the non-stop chatter of the female humans.

I waited probably about 12 minutes before I could even place an order. So much for fast food for ya..

Did I complain to the poor worker probably making minimum wage or just above? Did I ask to speak to the manager there who makes probably a couple dollars more than minimum wage?

The answer is NO. I have understanding. I'm not an ignorant consumer. I understand the reason for the bad service does not have to do with the people on the front lines, but the owners themselves.

There was an elder gentleman in line behind me. When it was his turn, he had a snobby and rude tone. He was clearly frustrated. He was even wearing a Christian Cross necklace.

Too many people don't understand this equation "MORE CUSTOMERS/ORDERS does not equal MORE MONEY FOR THE FRONT LINE"

It just equals more work and stress for them.

Is it that the older generations use to shop at places where the actual owners worked there? And making a complaint actually was constructive?

People need to stop b***** and demanding the low paid employees get abused by taking their garbage.

Have some respect and wisdom, and treat the interruptions in life as gifts of experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 02:16 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,017,052 times
I think we should all just commit mass suicide. Thank you very much for the gift of chicken.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:47 PM

I guess no one thinks this is a problem in this country. And that we are all better off just being employees to huge corporations while the ceo's and board members make all the cash, while the front line employees -who actually deal with the day to day business and customers and complaints, get paid with chicken feed.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
I guess no one thinks this is a problem in this country. And that we are all better off just being employees to huge corporations while the ceo's and board members make all the cash, while the front line employees -who actually deal with the day to day business and customers and complaints, get paid with chicken feed.
It is the CEO's and investors who took and the risk when they put up the money for the business.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:52 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
I hate the canned responses you get to your complaints ... especially in the airline business. Horizon haven't seen any business from me in the last two years because of the way they handled a complaint.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:12 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I hate the canned responses you get to your complaints ... especially in the airline business. Horizon haven't seen any business from me in the last two years because of the way they handled a complaint.
Same here. I don't even bother complaining to a manager anymore because you know they don't care. The other day I went to KFC with a coupon for a kids meal for $2.99. So when I got my receipt she'd charged me the full price $3.69. When I pointed it out she denied it at first and then said "it's only .70"

So instead of making a scene I emailed the owner directly (he has his info posted at the restaurants) as well as corporate and let them know that their employees felt that a .70 savings wasn't a good value.

They sent me a $25 gift card in the mail, which I passed on because that wasn't the point. I don't want free food, I have no problem paying for my food. I want quality service.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It is the CEO's and investors who took and the risk when they put up the money for the business.

I understand that point Driller. However, why are these companies getting so huge that little guys can't start their own small business?

Is it b.c of special laws / lobbyists / tax breaks , etc for the big corporations?

Is it b.c of overburdening regulations on even starting a small business? That involve tedious costs just to comply with?

We do not have a free market. And there are dozens of ropes that you must cut through to even get your foot towards the right track.

So please don't tell me, they are the ones that put up the risk. They all lobby to keep competition out and win repeatedly. The CEO's have no risk, they win either way.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post

This is what this thread is about. Just about anyone you try to complain to is going to be a waste of time. B.c the people that make the rules of the business are not on the front lines. They are in a nice cozy office, counting their money and twiddling their fingers.

It is pointless to complain to a small worker bee. All your doing is making their day miserable and being a pest. They don't have any power to change the business they work for.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:03 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Customer service has declined dramaticly and delivery of a product has also. It's because corporations are operating under a new business model. Do more with less employees. This results in a decline in quality across the board but fattens the bottom line as payroll is the largest hit on the P&L. Only when enough people complain about the service or end product do they reluctantly fill in the gaps to bring their product/service up to acceptable standards.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:14 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,242,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The CEO generally put up nothing. Most CEOs today are simply hired by a Board of Directors and handed huge amounts of money, along with lots of stock and stock options in return for their brilliance and industry knowledge (sarcasm intended). They end up owning a lot of stock, but they didn't buy any of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies