Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2011, 02:23 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
One of the biggest problems is fatherless children. It takes men to teach boys. By their actions, absent men teach that they don't care for women. Being a man means being responsible, and being there!
I have to disagree with the bolded. My brothers all learned more about life from my mother than from my father. And I think my sons learned more from me than they did from their father.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:25 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why?
Want everyone to wear burkas?
A woman can wear whatever she wants to wear without being harassed by men or women.
On this I agree with you. It seems I see less sexy dressing women out in public than when I was growing up. Less high heels, more sweats and sneakers etc. This to me means we are moving in the direction where American women will eventually wear burkas. I expect the U.S to become Islamic in my lifetime. Those bringing this on are the ones trying to restrict women's dress, saying it's justification for rape etc.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:27 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The ultra liberal feminist view is that, in the ideal world, women should be free to free to wear whatever they want, whenever they want and men must keep their distance unless and until they get an obvious signal from the woman. The reality of the situation--and one that is not going to change anytime soon--is that many men do take revealing clothing to be an invitation for their attention and they are going to react accordingly. There scarcely breathes a woman who is not well aware that men are attracted to women who groom themselves and wear clothing that emphasizes their sexuality. It's all part of the game.
Rape, however, is not "part of the game".

Old 02-20-2011, 02:29 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
On this I agree with you. It seems I see less sexy dressing women out in public than when I was growing up. Less high heels, more sweats and sneakers etc. This to me means we are moving in the direction where American women will eventually wear burkas. I expect the U.S to become Islamic in my lifetime. The ones bringing this on are the ones trying to restrict women's dress, saying it's justification for rape etc.
Oh hell no!! Over my dead body will any man stick me in a burka, I mean that literally. American women will stand up and fight to the death before we give up our well earned rights of freedom!

Old 02-20-2011, 02:29 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I have to disagree with the bolded. My brothers all learned more about life from my mother than from my father. And I think my sons learned more from me than they did from their father.
I am glad they did. 90+% of men in prison had/have no father or male figure prominent in their life.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:30 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Anytime someone makes the choice to surrender their otherwise sober mind to mind altering substances there are consequences. One cannot make proper decisions to assess the safety of surroundings or protect oneself after having voluntarily surrendered reason and sobriety.
Which is why, 99% of the time, I do my drinking at home. Only once in a very great while will I have a glass of scotch or a margarita while out to dinner with one of my sons.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:30 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Right, it's a crime!

Old 02-20-2011, 02:32 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Right, it's a crime!
A capital crime.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:34 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Of course not!! Never said it was and did not imply that it was. However, it can be one of the dangers of the game when the game gets out of hand. Even women not dressed provocatively are in danger when the conditions are right for a rape to take place.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:35 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
On this I agree with you. It seems I see less sexy dressing women out in public than when I was growing up. Less high heels, more sweats and sneakers etc. This to me means we are moving in the direction where American women will eventually wear burkas. I expect the U.S to become Islamic in my lifetime. Those bringing this on are the ones trying to restrict women's dress, saying it's justification for rape etc.
I really don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies