Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,097,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oh, stop the bull****. There are any manner of violent crimes, sexual assaults are only one. And the cause is a CRIMINAL. In any case, the victim SHOULD be asking themselves what they could have done differently, in order to learn and avoid being victimized again. If my house is burglarized, I'm going to think about an alarm system or better locks. If I'm mugged, I'm going to think maybe I should have paid better attention to my surroundings, or perhaps shouldn't have been there without a means of defending myself. If I'm assaulted, I would hope to learn and provide for a means of self defense. Humans are smart, they should be able to learn from their experiences.

Rape is a terrible crime and rapists are human scum. But plenty of other crimes are equally horrific. And in each case, the victim (if they aren't a complete idiot) should be examining what they can do to avoid being a victim again. To say that it's the rapists (or any other criminals) fault is certainly true. It doesn't change the fact that criminals exist...or that the police in the vast majority of cases won't be there to stop a crime. At best, they will investigate it.

As horrific as rape is, I would hope most victims would learn and take measures to defend themselves. A few rapists shot by a potential victim would do a lot to reduce the rape rate...far more than any feel good "rape prevention/sensitivity meetings" or other such BS. If a crime victim has something to feel guilty about...it should be because the criminal was able to walk away and do the same thing to yet another victim.
FFS. YOu think a woman who has been raped doesn't question what she could have done to prevent that from occurring. If anything self blame, shame and so forth is what STOPS them from coming forward.

A woman can be well versed in how to defend herself. What actually happens in that moment can be very different to what she thought she would/could do. If there are three men holding her down, what is best option?? What if she's half drugged. What if it was her uncle, friend, brother?? What if she's in a state of shock.

I have no qualms with rapists getting shot. None at all. If you think all women in that moment are going to be able to do that, you're living in a fantasy world.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:54 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,049,930 times
Yes, women have responsibility for rape as well. Then again, I highly doubt most rape accusations are even true.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:03 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,450,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I guess women should never be around friends of family members then either, since they are the ones who commit the most rapes on women .
Or go to sleep in their own beds or take a shower in their own bathrooms.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Yes, women have responsibility for rape as well. Then again, I highly doubt most rape accusations are even true.
Of course. Anything to support the fantasy that all women and "feminized men" are part of the feminazi super evil liberal agenda movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino
Any man who's affiliated or supports feminism is a tool and should be ashamed of himself.
Quote:
A vasectomy ban would be a major mistake. Libs making hard for normal men to get vasectomies. They better not push that proposal in my state.
Quote:
Men aren't trying to do anything negative to women. We're not trying to take away chicks' rights, although I really could careless if that ever happens.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,089,751 times
Quote:
The only time a women has any responsibility for a rape is when a women is committing rape.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:12 PM

39,831 posts, read 26,457,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
FFS. YOu think a woman who has been raped doesn't question what she could have done to prevent that from occurring. If anything self blame, shame and so forth is what STOPS them from coming forward.
The victim should have no sense of shame for being a victim, or of coming forward. It's the criminal that should feel shame (and loathing). That doesn't mean she shouldn't question what she could have done differently, and apply that to avoid being a victim again. As an example, I ride motocycles. After any close call (or wreck) I look long and hard at what I did, and could have done differntly to avoid such a situation. Better safety gear, staying off main roads at rush hour, better focus on my surroundings, ect. Not the same thing as being a crime victim, but the principle is the same. Think, learn and apply what you've learned. That is not the same as blaming the victim.

Quote:
A woman can be well versed in how to defend herself. What actually happens in that moment can be very different to what she thought she would/could do. If there are three men holding her down, what is best option?? What if she's half drugged. What if it was her uncle, friend, brother?? What if she's in a state of shock.
A gun isn't a magic cure to all violent crime, I never claimed it was. It can be a means of self defense. Equally important, it can be a means of ensuring that there is no other victim of this particular attacker. In each of your examples, the victim should be asking themselves the same questions... "If she's alf drugged"...how did she get drugged, and how does she keep it from happening again?

Uncle/friend/brother? Has she gone to the police, had them prosecuted and testified against them? Or has she assisted them in becoming organic fertilizer? Or are they free to do the same thing again?

3 guys? How did they get close enough to get ahold of her, particularly somewhere that there wasn't a crowd around. These are the kinds of questions any crime victim (or hopefully, before they become a victim) should be asking.

Quote:
I have no qualms with rapists getting shot. None at all. If you think all women in that moment are going to be able to do that, you're living in a fantasy world.
I live in no such world. My reply was in response to the comment that rape victims are the only ones that are asked what they did to cause it. She didn't cause it, the question she should be asking is what can she do to prevent it from happening again. This is no different than any other crime victim.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 02-23-2012 at 09:42 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 09:13 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,049,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The only time a women has any responsibility for a rape is when a women is committing the rape.
Yes, those people can commit rape and get away with it. And men can't report it because they'll get laughed at.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, those people can commit rape and get away with it. And men can't report it because they'll get laughed at.
Oh yeah, it's all part of the Feminazi movement. The feminized men are attacking the normal men! Everyone hide!

Quote:
You know what's funny? These feminists have accused me of not seeing women as humans. I have to say that normal feminine women are human, but not the ones influenced by feminism.
//www.city-data.com/forum/23057861-post66.html

Quote:
Straight up, dude. I think that there should be segregation between normal people and the feminists (female or male). Things would probably be easier for normal people and their relationships without feminist interference.

It's too bad feminism and the corrupt elite runs America, and not real normal people.
//www.city-data.com/forum/23057743-post64.html

Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The victim should have no sense of shame for being a victim, or of coming forward. It's the criminal that should feel shame (and loathing). That doesn't mean she shouldn't question what she could have done differently, and apply that to avoid being a victim again. As an example, I ride motocycles. After any close call (or wreck) I look long and hard at what I did, and could have done differntly to avoid such a situation. Better safety gear, staying off main roads at rush hour, ect. Not the same thing as being a crime victim, but the principle is the same. Think, learn and apply what you've learned. That is not the same as blaming the victim.

A gun isn't a magic cure to all violent crime, I never claimed it was. It can be a means of self defense. Equally important, it can be a means of ensuring that there is no other victim of this particular attacker. In each of your examples, the victim should be asking themselves the same questions... "If she's alf drugged"...how did she get drugged, and how does she keep it from happening again?

Uncle/friend/brother? Has she gone to the police, had them prosecuted and testified against them? Or has she assisted them in becoming organic fertilizer? Or are they free to do the same thing again?

3 guys? How did they get close enough to get ahold of her, particularly somewhere that there wasn't a crowd around. These are the kinds of questions any crime victim (or hopefully, before they become a victim) should be asking.

I live in no such world. My reply was in response to the comment that rape victims are the only ones that are asked what they did to cause it. She didn't cause it, the question she should be asking is what can she do to prevent it from happening again. This is no different than any other crime victim.
The question people should be asking isn't what did the victim do to get raped,
the question people should be asking is why did the rapist commit the rape?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:33 PM

409 posts, read 254,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
The question people should be asking isn't what did the victim do to get raped,
the question people should be asking is why did the rapist commit the rape?
I can agree with that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies