Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:23 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Media Myth: Liberals Never Use Violent Rhetoric or Imagery

As Wisconsin's Republican Governor Scott Walker tries to balance his state's budget with a bold move limiting the collective bargaining rights of public employees, the Left have come out in force dispelling the myth that only the Right uses harsh tones to make its point (video follows with commentary):

But here's the truth of the matter:

In addition to eliminating collective bargaining rights, the legislation also would make public workers pay half the costs of their pensions and at least 12.6 percent of their health care coverage — increases Walker calls "modest" compared with those in the private sector.

Republican leaders said they expected Wisconsin residents would be pleased with the changes and that the bill was about saving money. The union concessions would save the state $30 million by July 1 and $300 million over the next two years to address a $3.6 billion budget shortfall. [...]

Under Walker's plan, state employees' share of pension and health care costs would go up by an average of 8 percent.

Unions still could represent workers, but could not seek pay increases above those pegged to the Consumer Price Index unless approved by a public referendum. Unions also could not force employees to pay dues and would have to hold annual votes to stay organized.

Read more: Media Myth: Liberals Never Use Violent Rhetoric or Imagery | NewsBusters.org

Read more: Media Myth: Liberals Never Use Violent Rhetoric or Imagery | NewsBusters.org
Anarchists, Communists and Islamics around the world are the ones who are mostly violent IMO.
Here at home in the United States it has always been IMO the unions and Democrat operatives who have done damage and beaten up people. It would take the press pushing false stories to suggest otherwise IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 08:26 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I certainly do not recall MSNBC or any other news outlet calling for Palin's arrest. Please provide a link.
Who said anything about an arrest? We said that it would be all over the news which it would, are you denying that?

Old 02-20-2011, 08:30 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
I'm hoping there'll be more ballsy actions among the morons like the baloney doctor notes being passed around like beer and the cowards fleeing to IL.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Who said anything about an arrest? We said that it would be all over the news which it would, are you denying that?
I was looking back to find out who said that, and guess what? It was you!

Quote:
Apparently all liberals are completely delusional and in need of medical treatment. If a Tea Party rally took place last week and someone was carrying a sign with a politician's picture and gun crosshairs on him/her it would have been a national news story instantly and I'm sure MSNBC would have wanted to know when the swat team was showing up to arrest this person.

If you don't believe that you're certifiably insane, that's not sci-fi, that's reality which liberals don't live in very often.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:39 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
WOW...did I just see crosshairs on the governor's face? Sure seems like a far cry from putting crosshairs on a map.

To think, all of this hate just to get free stuff.
Crosshairs on a map = BAD

Crosshairs on a Governor's face = GOOD

You just can't make this stuff up it's so ludicrous. So, I guess we can assume that all the outrage over Palin's map was faux outrage then? Or, disgusting intimidation tactics are only good when your side is the one using them?

Liberals = hypocrites

Old 02-20-2011, 08:54 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
I was looking back to find out who said that, and guess what? It was you!
I apologize, I forgot that I posted that. Now would you like to address what a few of us are saying? If a Tea Party protester carried a sign with a democrat governor with crosshairs over his head all hell would break loose in the media given what just took place in AZ.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I apologize, I forgot that I posted that. Now would you like to address what a few of us are saying? If a Tea Party protester carried a sign with a democrat governor with crosshairs over his head all hell would break loose in the media given what just took place in AZ.
I stand by what I said. I don't deal in hypotheticals.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:06 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
I stand by what I said. I don't deal in hypotheticals.
This wasn't a hypothetical, but an ACTUAL union thug carrying a sign with a crosshairs over a head shot of the governor.

Got anything at all to say about that?

Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This wasn't a hypothetical, but an ACTUAL union thug carrying a sign with a crosshairs over a head shot of the governor.

Got anything at all to say about that?
The hypothetical is what the response by the media would have been if a TPer had done so.

I'm not going to answer such a hostile remark as that second sentence. My views on this issue are well known on this forum. You may do a search.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:11 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
The hypothetical is what the response by the media would have been if a TPer had done so.

I'm not going to answer such a hostile remark as that second sentence. My views on this issue are well known on this forum. You may do a search.
What the MSM would have done?

How about what they DID do, which was to ignore and suppress the viewing of these signs by a bunch of union thugs?

They were not so shy about others that used a "targeting" symbol, which didn't even go so far as to put it on a real live politician's head.

This is just another example of their blatant bias and double standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies