Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2011, 07:31 PM

52,219 posts, read 33,969,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know, 5 days in a stressful situation and now a bunch of TBaggers across the street? That's bound to put anybody off his/her game.
Maybe the doctor could dispense a cry-towel or two?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 07:32 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,379,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They should lose their medical license if caught.
I don't think a lapse of judgement like this should cost them their licenses but they should be fined and sanctioned.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,683,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
If this turns out to be true, they can be facing several fed charges, they are asking
no questions about health , but they are signing the slips with doctor's names as well as license # along with excuses from last week into next week, this is fraud, if they are not doctors, they are pretending to be doctors, and that is against ther law as well,
it is on video and I am amazed at the stupidity of these people!
If you are interested, find out about it yourself
lets see how many news out lets carry this~~
Federal Charges??? Show me what federal law these doctors broke!

Old 02-19-2011, 07:36 PM

20,948 posts, read 18,978,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I don't think a lapse of judgement like this should cost them their licenses but they should be fined and sanctioned.
It is not a lapse in judgment.

It is willful disregard for the law.

If you can't trust your doctor, who can you trust?

Old 02-19-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I hope very quickly as well as the DA gettting in on this and how about the "teachers" who are snapping these up!
The DA probably is in support of this and understandably against Walker and his radical, dictator proposals

Old 02-19-2011, 07:37 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,415,022 times
Who cares. They are not handing out perscriptions, just notes. I know lots of people who go to the clinic, pay their deductable, get their note and walla, 2 to 3 days off. And yes these people are registered Dems and Repubs.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Federal Charges??? Show me what federal law these doctors broke!
I think you misread the post. People who present themselves as doctors without a medical license are in violation of federal law.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
So you condone staging an illegal strike and then compounding that by getting fake medical excuses?

You honestly think this is what teachers of our children ought to be teaching by example?
Would it be better for them to use 2nd amendment remedies?

Old 02-19-2011, 07:40 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,299,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Quote:

It appears to me, at least on the surface, that pommysmommy has a hell of a lot more experience in dealing with the medical profession than we do.

Its easy to cast the first stone, but its harder to hold onto it until someone with actual knowledge tells you whats going on.

I don't know medicine, medical law, or anything of the like. I doubt you do also. Maybe, just maybe we should let the experts sort this out. Doctors are very proud of their profession, if someone is doing something that discredits them, they generally take it personally.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:

Doctors are human and they can get caught up in the passion of their politics. I am sure these doctors did not even realize what they are doing is wrong. They assume that since they are doctors they can write a note. They forget about the whole documentation requirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies