Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 07:08 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times

Advertisements

How the middle class became the underclass - Feb. 16, 2011

"Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
No Millionaire left behind....indeed.

Is any one Cop or Teacher worth two or three qualified people willing to do the same exact job?
Moderator cut: inappropriate language

Is any CEO worth 262 times the Average American worker?
CEO-to-worker pay imbalance grows

Is the problem collective bargaining or is it a 30 year head long assault on the Middle Class.
Hmmmmmmmmm?

I actually do smell a class revolt brewing and I would be surprised at all if it started in Levittown

Be afraid, be very afraid.

The enemy is not who you think it is.

Crooks

Last edited by Keeper; 02-21-2011 at 05:45 AM.. Reason: inappropriate language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 07:15 AM

929 posts, read 2,068,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
How the middle class became the underclass - Feb. 16, 2011

"Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
No Millionaire left behind....indeed.

Is any one Cop or Teacher worth two or three qualified people willing to do the same exact job?

Is any CEO worth 262 times the Average American worker?
CEO-to-worker pay imbalance grows

Is the problem collective bargaining or is it a 30 year head long assault on the Middle Class.
Hmmmmmmmmm?

I actually do smell a class revolt brewing and I would be surprised at all if it started in Levittown

Be afraid, be very afraid.

The enemy is not who you think it is.

Crooks
I'll make you a deal. You let me dissolve all NY public unions and make public employees pay 40% of their healthcare and 100% of their retirement and I'll let you institute a tax on all highly compensated executives that make more than $250,000 at a rate of 10%.

The hell with Albany, you and I can solve all NYS's problems over a few Sam Adams.

Last edited by Keeper; 02-21-2011 at 05:45 AM..

Old 02-20-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonlineli View Post
I'll make you a deal. You let me dissolve all NY public unions and make public employees pay 40% of their healthcare and 100% of their retirement and I'll let you institute a tax on all highly compensated executives that make more than $250,000 at a rate of 10%.

The hell with Albany, you and I can solve all NYS's problems over a few Sam Adams.
25% and well grab a beer.

Still better than it was under Ike.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirich111/3361071764/ (broken link)
Nixon Now!

I'll make you a deal. Omit the first 20k (Y' know, the Life part of LL&TPOH)
Tax labor at 10% and Gains at 45% then everyone can just write a check for health care.

Party on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnyE2DkRT6o
Crooks

Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/19/opinion/19blow.html

Old 02-20-2011, 11:22 AM

Koch Brothers Behind Wisconsin Effort To Kill Public Unions - Rick Ungar - The Policy Page - Forbes

‎"You really have to wonder how long it will take for Tea Party devotees to realize just how badly they are being used." - Rick Ungar

Damn that Liberal Forbes.Wisconsin will be very telling for LI.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:42 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,683,069 times
FDR warned about the evil of public-sector unions (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/worth-recalling-fdr-was-no-fan-public-employee-unions# - broken link).

Quote:
Even President Franklin Roosevelt, a friend of private-sector unionism, drew a line when it came to government workers: “Meticulous attention,” the president insisted in 1937, “should be paid to the special relations and obligations of public servants to the public itself and to the Government….The process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service.” The reason? F.D.R. believed that “[a] strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to obstruct the operations of government until their demands are satisfied. Such action looking toward the paralysis of government by those who have sworn to support it is unthinkable and intolerable.”

Old 02-20-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
FDR warned about the evil of public-sector unions (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/worth-recalling-fdr-was-no-fan-public-employee-unions# - broken link).
"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."

Theodore Roosevelt
Labor Day

A great Long Islander but certainly no FDR.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:23 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Break cop and teacher unions, you break them all. Good luck with that.

[youtube]YWMhrGf2ylw[/youtube]
[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWMhrGf2ylw[/URL]

Old 02-20-2011, 03:00 PM

852 posts, read 1,443,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post

Crooks
Since when is Levittown considered middle class?

Old 02-20-2011, 03:28 PM

852 posts, read 1,443,139 times
Unions (police, firefighters, teachers, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, factory workers, etc.) have given many American poor and working class folk access to the middle class across our nation. Crooks, if you and your Tea Party brethren have a problem with unions, why not move to China? Independent trade unions are forbidden there. You'd all be happy and have all the egg-rolls you'd want! Be forewarned: I hear those 16-hour workdays are killer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies