Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2011, 05:05 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That student shouted "Racist" at the wrong person....glad you're not one

Yep...that was hypcritical and just as wrong...no argument from me there.

Quote:
BTW, you Repugs who honor our soldiers so much didn't have ONE bad word about REPUBLICAN Rep. Michelle Bachmann advocating to freeze Veteran Affairs Department Health Care spending and cut Veterans Disability Benefits.....not ONE of you.... your chant of "we support our troops" has been proven a lie. Your fake outrage is just pathetic...

As a veteran, I called foul on that. Said so too.

Then I accepted it when she realized her mistake and rescinded it.

It's now history and no longer a "gotcha" moment anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 05:07 PM

Ya gotta wonder if people who jeer a wounded soldier are also the type of people who laugh at the handicapped?

Old 02-20-2011, 05:09 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Ya gotta wonder if people who jeer a wounded soldier are also the type of people who laugh at the handicapped?

They were not jeering him for being a Vet, they were jeering him for one of his statements. (and a few seconds of audience background comment really isnt jeering - they didnt carry on endlessly, or try to shout him off - the moderator came in and the couple of noisemakers quited down)

Listen,
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/senate/mi...110215clip.mp3

Old 02-20-2011, 05:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:

Oh NO, None of that "oops, it was a mistake" crap...she DID propose it....what kind of person does that? (an EVIL one).

It wasn't a "moment" it was a proposal...thought out and graphed...NOT a slip of the tongue

Do you think Bachmann has respect for our troops?

Is she really so stupid that she didn't realize what she was saying? Well, that could be, she IS a Republican.

And I did NOT see any response to her nasty proposal from any Republican.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:

Or make racist statements and call people racist names and want to kill them like animals......

Originally Posted by Rural Kentuckian
I'd gladly kill a few cloth-noggins if but for a very small bit of good to the Grand Republic. I'd kill them like I kill deer.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:19 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Used to be a man thought twice before opening his yap, to insult someone, because that insult could end in a legal duel with swords or pistols, which ever the insulted chose. That gave Freedom of speech a whole other meaning.

These days any fool can say what ever he wants, and if someone yells at him it's considered assualt. Colleges these days pass out loads of fools, who find suddenly the world isn't made of books and goophy proffesors.

Peace isn't a product of being nice.

The day is nearing where the USA will have no world power, and maybe quite defenless.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:26 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Remember, Columbia U is the place where a professor called for the deaths of millions of american soldiers prior to the invasion of Iraq. He's still a professor at Columbia.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:29 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
Quote:

Michelle Bachmann is pretty hot too.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:03 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Remember, Columbia U is the place where a professor called for the deaths of millions of american soldiers prior to the invasion of Iraq. He's still a professor at Columbia.
The professor was denied tenure at Columbia, mostly from his statements (he was a visiting professor at that time). Even the organizers & most of the audience at the event that he spoke at disagreed with the few words of his statement that had gotten all the attention.

but that's free speech, remember. If everybody could be fired for their opinion on this topic or that, nobody would be employed. Including the person you see in the mirror.

The University president commented afterward.....

''Under well-established principles of the First Amendment, this is within a person's right to free speech,'' Lee C. Bollinger, the president of Columbia, said in an interview. ''Not for a second, however, does that insulate it from criticism. I am shocked that someone would make such statements. I am especially saddened for the families of those whose lives are now at risk.''

Last edited by plannine; 02-20-2011 at 06:16 PM..

Old 02-20-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Do you think Bachmann has respect for our troops?

Yes and I'll tell you why.....

She was looking at spending cuts that could be made to the budget. She's never in all her voting history been anything but for the troops and veterans.

Republicans and Obama's own bi-partisan economic commission (which he ignored) have said budget cuts could be made there too.

I doubt they ALL lack respect for veterans (not the troops since that's what you are really referring to).

She was big enough to admit it was a mistake which is rare today. I commend her for the courage to do that.

It's history now and Vets forgive her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies